And You Wanted NBC

I don't think he is going to get a word in edgewise, probably do the intro. Who knows who he will be in the booth with.

2425185-5536979159-23742.gif

From google search of his name:

Capture.PNG

Looks like he did supercars. Wonder if he will talk about Ambrose...

They could resurrect Ol' BP himself throwing him back into the booth and some fans will have problems with it.

Good luck to this guy. I don't know him from Adam but if I find him annoying, I'll probably tune him out like I do DW.

I don't like Leigh Diffey's voice or style at all. But like @dpkimmel2001 if I can tune out the Waltrips then tuning him out should be a walk in the park. :D

https://www.frontstretch.com/2017/0...mbers-20-years-of-broadcasting-in-motorports/

Good read on how he will call things.

oh great hes got a catchphrase...

Catanzareti: I bet you’ve been asked this before, but your one-liner is “It’s time to bring the action!” So, how did that come about, how did you make that your special kickoff phrase?

Diffey: Well, it came about through a friend of mine in Charlotte, North Carolina, where I used to live. His name is Chris Graham. When we would play golf together, we would joke around, whether we were jibbing at each other or not. I would step up onto the next tee box, he’s a very good golfer, and he would always look around at me and say, “It’s time to bring the action!” And then he would hit his golf ball, or I would say it to him, but there was no way I could ever drive it as far as he could.

It started as a joke, but I think it’s such an appropriate catchphrase for the beginning of the race. Because… that’s what it is, it’s time to bring the action. All the talk is over, all the lead-up, all the engineering work has been done, all the preparation is done and there is only one time. And that’s the time you have to bring the action. I enjoy saying it and I get a lot of feedback on social media, people look forward to it.

I never set out to have a catchphrase just for show, but it just kind of happened and it feels good.

You say that as if it was a good thing. o_O

It is not for me to say what is good or bad music or what kind of music a person should like as I am sure a lot of people would not care for what I listen to at all. I will say that Hank Jr doesn't do it for me and IDK who Blake Shelton is and I don't care for acts like The Oakridge Boys or Brooks and Dunn but I do like me some Johnny Cash and George Jones.

It is not for me to say what is good or bad music or what kind of music a person should like as I am sure a lot of people would not care for what I listen to at all. I will say that Hank Jr doesn't do it for me and IDK who Blake Shelton is and I don't care for acts like The Oakridge Boys or Brooks and Dunn but I do like me some Johnny Cash and George Jones.
Trying for the record for most avatar changes in a 24-hour period? :p

Trying for the record for most avatar changes in a 24-hour period? :p

LOL, I used Paul Menard as an emergency fill in and changed to the skoal bandit character as another fill in. Some days I just can't make up my mind but I may just use one of my own pics as goodness knows I have enough to choose from.

https://www.frontstretch.com/2017/0...mbers-20-years-of-broadcasting-in-motorports/

Good read on how he will call things.

oh great hes got a catchphrase...

I never even thought of that because "It's time to bring the action" is like saying "here we go."

Just one of those things that are..true.

It is unlike saying boogity whatever which just sounds like it comes out of nowhere and out of place.

Hope they hang on to this guy, shades of Hank Williams Jr.

Probably sounded better than "shades of Carrie Underwood / Faith Hill", which is what NBC was thinking when they put it together.

Personally I think that intro theme is horrible, and it doesn't sound like they even recorded anything new for this year, just worked in some new video clips. But Blake Shelton is worth tens of millions of dollars, so whether I like him or whether NBC NASCAR "hangs on to" him is of little consequence. The guy is laughing all the way to the bank, and good for him.

NBC and Blakey should give in and record this:

Back
Top Bottom