And You Wanted NBC

TV critics... whining about nothing. I remember a time when NASCAR wasn't on TV except the 500. When they put all the races on ESPN I had to wait until cable came to my neighborhood. So I'm just happy it is on a channel I have.
B.S. if they are going to televise practice..let watch practice. These goofs were talking and showing everything but. They have a new tire, I wanted to see how it was working in the pack, and they are showing clips of crew chiefs. and it got worse from there.

Can you be more specific? What exactly is it you hate?
Burton, I just can't stand. Both him and Letarte have annoying voices.
Burton talks way too much (same thing last year during the races). I just want him to shut up.
Also those 2 seem to be out of sync with each other.....seems like they disagree on many things.
All of that makes the NBC broadcast seem much less professional and less knowledgeable than FOX.

Impossible.

If someone claims that I said I did not like it on this forum they are either mistaken or full of ****e as I would not be here if I didn't like it. I always enjoy myself even with one arm tied behind my back.....:D

Gotta go.....I yelling at the news on TV hoping it will change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone claims that I said I did not like it on this forum they are either mistaken or full of ****e as I would not be here if I didn't like it. I always enjoy myself even with one arm tied behind my back.....:D
Ask her if you can switch arms once a week.

That seems inevitable, though. Everyone who calls a bunch of races ends up w/ annoying catchphrases like "Around goes...". And that includes me and my amateur efforts on Twitter.

Rick Allen's not the worst to ever commentate, honestly Allen Bestwick sounded even flatter at times, even if what was on track was exciting. Some of it may be nostalgia, though, after all Rick did call Chase Elliott's first NASCAR national series win, and Jeff Gordon's last. I wouldn't mind some fresh voices, though, after all I've been fond of Gordon in the Fox booth.

Burton, I just can't stand. Both him and Letarte have annoying voices.
Burton talks way too much (same thing last year during the races). I just want him to shut up.
Also those 2 seem to be out of sync with each other.....seems like they disagree on many things.
All of that makes the NBC broadcast seem much less professional and less knowledgeable than FOX.

I can stand Burton although he is repetitive but its Steve Letarte that gets me. He did a lot if complaining today teams not being out on track for practice while not talking about the ones that were. While I dont think its as bad as @StandOnIt I do see where he is coming from. I dont recall seeing Kyle or any Toyotas all that much during first practice and he was the fastest. Alot of the same happened in second practice as well I thought. Aksi watching this NASCAR throwaback of the 2004 Daytona 500 and they don't even put it on full screen. As I've said I'm a bigger fan of Fox and they know that they are all about fun when they are broadcasting, Im not so sure NBC knows what they are.

Hope they hang on to this guy, shades of Hank Williams Jr.

I think something from the soundtrack for the NASCAR games would fit better, but that's just cause I like rock a lot more than country.

Gotta go.....I yelling at the news on TV hoping it will change it.
I'm sorry, I wasn't implying you don't like it here. I was implying you keep watching NASCAR while complaining about it, the same way you point out how others are complaining about NBC.

That seems inevitable, though. Everyone who calls a bunch of races ends up w/ annoying catchphrases like "Around goes...". And that includes me and my amateur efforts on Twitter.

Rick Allen's not the worst to ever commentate, honestly Allen Bestwick sounded even flatter at times, even if what was on track was exciting. Some of it may be nostalgia, though, after all Rick did call Chase Elliott's first NASCAR national series win, and Jeff Gordon's last. I wouldn't mind some fresh voices, though, after all I've been fond of Gordon in the Fox booth.
The problem with Rick isnt just his repetitive phrases like "around goes" and "weve got problems" and "major chase implications", its his phony sponsored scripted character.

The problem with Rick isnt just his repetitive phrases like "around goes" and "weve got problems" and "major chase implications", its his phony sponsored scripted character.

I'm not sure I entirely understand what makes his TV persona a "phony sponsored scripted character".

I hear ya though, Burton with his what if's, and what could possibly happen just fills the air with B.S. I have a hard time with people who think they know what is going to happen in the future anyway, really bad when I have to listen to one of them racing.

But what if...you lived in a universe where people did know (bits and pieces of) what was going to happen in the future? And they dueled each other with swords made of plasma? And a furry green puppet could lift fighter craft out of swamps with his mind?... ;)

I'm sorry, I wasn't implying you don't like it here. I was implying you keep watching NASCAR while complaining about it, the same way you point out how others are complaining about NBC.

I think I ridicule Nascar more than I complain about it as for the most part I have enjoyed the races I have seen this year. Also I only watch the portions of Cup broadcasts that entertain me and if it doesn't the FF button gets a good workout. A few times last year and once so far this year I was so disgusted I hit the delete button before the race had concluded but for the most part I see all the laps of the race I watch even if some of them go by twice as fast as they happened.

The little I was able to watch of practice today got me overdosed on "crash promo's" rather quickly.

I know practice isn't huge, but at least show some of it, Kyle Damn Bush moves up to the top..nothing said...8 Fords took over the top 8 places..huh? and Burton is talking about what if's, or crew chiefs. WTF.
That is the script he was given a few days earlier so he could do some practice laps with it. :bleh:

Joe Diffie, King of the Mullet.

88200222b479bd78298edfbb7afe4da4.jpg
I still love this song.

I didn't get a chance to take in the NBC broadcasts of practice yesterday. Today, I finally got a change to see the all new 'batcam' that fans are complaining about. Really, people are having a problem with this thing? NASCAR fans, gotta luv em. :cool:

Looks awesome enough too me. I don't see the problem here.

DDh-EScXgAEQoOl.jpg:large

Love, love, love this thread as it has it all. Folks are complaining about people complaining who have complained about something they don't think should be complained about which has triggered another round of complaints. Someone is completely butthurt over practice because the commentary didn't line up with what was shown on TV and Dale Jr wasn't interviewed, we hate something called a bat cam as it may cause untold damage when it falls from the sky and it is just plain stupid.......:D

It is gonna rain on the race and cause a delay, the stages are going to mess up the traditional "big one" wrecks, Leigh Diffey sucks marginally less than Rick Allen, NBC sucks, my job sucks, my feet hurt and I am mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore....oh wait.......yes I am....as long as they is givin I am takin..........:D

I am not a big fan of plate racing but am looking forward to the race tomorrow night and with our neighbors to the north celebrating their 150th birthday and us celebrating another 4th of July in freedom it is all good.......but I will try and find something I don't like such as the price of ribeye or the fact that you can't turn brake rotors anymore.

Back
Top Bottom