Another build thread (many photos)

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Magnethead, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Magnethead

Magnethead Admin & Resident Techie Staff Member

The powerglide is the weakest link durability wise, it takes the hour drive to the track or half hour to Summit's warehouse/store no problem at 70-80MPH. It's got most of the same parts in it as the powerglide in the dragster, so I don't see it having an issue anytime soon.

Nothing else has really been changed mechanically. Most of the changes so far are electrical.

The suspension upgrades are just that - upgrades, although the new front springs are certainly set up for drag racing.

New engine is still hydraulic roller, custom pistons to handle anything I can sling at them, forged rods and crank. Stock block will be the weak link. Ford GT fuel injectors, nothing really wild or otherwise non-production or concerning.

The procharger will probably be the most maintenance-needy item. Probably check the valvetrain every oil change on the procharger to be safe (ever 1,000 miles or so)

DanicaFreak and Johali like this.
  2. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

great post. love reading about frankentruck. I remember when she was bone stock. great work

Johali likes this.
  3. Magnethead

Hell, from the outside, it still is stock. The master kill switch in the old license plate light hole is the only evidence of significant modification. I loathed putting a tonneau on it, but it just made sense long term.

Johali and TexasRaceLady like this.
  4. Magnethead

Fuel pump assembly will nearly be frame rail to frame rail in the back. Have the rest of the fuel system shipping out tomorrow.

Picked up the new-to-us rear wing for the dragster from TRL's old stomping grounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DWDawg, TexasRaceLady and Johali like this.
  5. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

California auto ref's would love this truck. Lmao

Magnethead and BobbyFord like this.