Any Soccer fans in here?

Bayern Munich just won their 8th championship in a row.
Yeah. Impressive for sure but you wish they'd get challenged more. Outside of England too many top league have been 1 club shows for the last decade (Juventus in Italy, PSG in France, and Bayern in Germany) plus apart from the odd season the Real/Barca dominance in Spain. Of course its the job of the other clubs to try to catch them.

Yeah. Impressive for sure but you wish they'd get challenged more. Outside of England too many top league have been 1 club shows for the last decade (Juventus in Italy, PSG in France, and Bayern in Germany) plus apart from the odd season the Real/Barca dominance in Spain. Of course its the job of the other clubs to try to catch them.
Premier League is easily the best and the most competitive league in the world right now. I don't think Liverpool will be able to start a reign of terror like Bayern or Juventus.
Bundesliga has fallen way off since 2013. Bayern wasn't that dominant in all these seasons, Dortmund could've gotten a couple championships if it wasn't for Marco Reus being injured every time they came close.

Amazing feeling. Started following the Premier League and supporting Liverpool 14 years ago. Been a few close calls and alot Of struggle during that time but its all been worth it for these recent years. Jurgen Klopp has built a machine. Greatest manager in the world.

Great week of results with both Manchester clubs goin out of europe.
Man City with 700 million spent since Cheque Guardiola took over and still not made it past the quarter finals.

My God.

Glad to see stock car racing isn't the only sport hellbent on destroying itself out of ego.

The ESL is really going to mess up domestic leagues, domestic championships/cups and international competitions if this goes through. I really cant believe this is going to happen, while Ive always wanted just a league where the best teams play each other exclusively.... I never wanted it at the price of the Champions League which in my view is the best football competition in the world.

Disgraceful behavior by the Owners of these clubs. The fans don't want this. The players don't want this. Goin down the road of another sport I use to follow......

Now Chelsea is apparently backing out...this is a fiasco

I'm not sure if this will actually happen and if it does I don't care.
My interest in soccer has dropped dramatically over the past few years. I still follow the three national leagues and I occasionally check the results of Premier League and La Liga.
Completely lost interest in Champions League and the national team.

Now Chelsea is apparently backing out...this is a fiasco

Cyber bullying works or they got some major concessions from UEFA...I choose to believe the former.

Manchester City is out too, this is falling apart

No record in sports is unbreakable. On the last day of Bundesliga, Robert Lewandowski scores his 41st goal of the season, breaking Gerd Müller's record.
If Lewandowski keeps getting better and better, he might be able to break Müller's overall record of 365 goals.

Random post that might be all over the place.

I want to start getting into soccer more. It seems like the best/most interesting league in the world is the EPL? Im trying to pick a team to follow and think im going to go with Chelsea for now. Reasoning? Christian Pulisic, who grew up about 90 minutes from me. Who knows maybe another team will catch my interest, im going into the season with an open mind.

~puts flame suit on~ Basic, uninformed opinion that hardcore soccer fans probably hate and have heard many times before... I just wish there was one league that's head and shoulder above the other leagues, where all the best played in the world go to play.

~puts flame suit on~ Basic, uninformed opinion that hardcore soccer fans probably hate and have heard many times before... I just wish there was one league that's head and shoulder above the other leagues, where all the best played in the world go to play.
The UEFA Champions League pretty much is that league.
None of the other teams in the world are close to the European top teams at this point.

Yes. Champions League/Europa League qualification depends on how well you do in your domestic league.
And not to forget the Europe Conference League makes it's debut this season.
The 6th/7th place teams from the top leagues will be playing against the national champions of countries like Albania or Kazakhstan.

I have a hard time to still consider myself a soccer fan.
Munich are on the way to their tenth consecutive championship, following the second league is extremely frustrating and I don't even have a clue who is left in the champions league.
I also couldn't care less about the national team and the world cup in Qatar is just a bad joke.

I’ve barely watched any EPL this season but surely this must’ve been the best title race besides City and United in 2012?

USL and USL League Two is usually affordable to watch. I’ve been following that.

Man U…simply incredible what that club has done for the better part of a decade now. Wow.

I wonder how many people are aware the World Cup starts this weekend. Qataris are already off to some nonsense harassing journalists, not even sportwashing correctly. This’ll probably be a mess.

I have the DVR setup for the World Cup. It is the wife's favorite sport to watch.

She usually waits until they get to the later rounds and in her words she roots for the team with the strongest looking men.

Back
Top Bottom