Any Soccer fans in here?

If it weren’t for the U.S. playing England on Black Friday there wouldn’t be any hype here at all. With football and basketball in full swing it seems like it’s getting minimal attention.
It's getting a lot of attention here, but mostly for the many negative aspects.
I'll probably watch a few games but I won't follow the world cup as intensively as I used to do.
I don't really care about our national team anymore, last time I watched one of their games was probably back in 2018. I don't even remember Germany's group stage opponents.

I’d like to see Messi finally get a World Cup.

I fully expect the U.S. to underwhelm again.

U.S. honestly should get out of the group.
1. England is basically a collection of Southgate’s favorites regardless of form; that being said they should top the group
2. Iran ain’t sh!t
3. Wales has been dragged to this World Cup by Bale and that’s the only way they will get thru.

Rooting interests - U.S. and Netherlands
Pick to win - Brazil
Golden Ball - Neymar
Golden Boot - Kane

U.S. honestly should get out of the group.
1. England is basically a collection of Southgate’s favorites regardless of form; that being said they should top the group
2. Iran ain’t sh!t
3. Wales has been dragged to this World Cup by Bale and that’s the only way they will get thru.

Rooting interests - U.S. and Netherlands
Pick to win - Brazil
Golden Ball - Neymar
Golden Boot - Kane
My interest in Soccer has increased from almost zero to very interested in last few years. I will be watching the WC.

So what is the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot?

Hosting it in Qatar has always been a mistake and should have been corrected instead of the nightmare this will be.
It reminds me a lot of the debate about the Beijing Winter Olympics. They had more than 10 years time to take this tournament away from Qatar but only started to make a fuzz about it one month before it started.

I just don’t like what the US has done in recent friendlies and their CONCACAF qualifiers weren’t super impressive either. I’m fully prepared to disappoint against Wales and/or Iran. Honestly losing to the limeys would suck considering how well 2010 went too. Idk I’m a bit buzzed

cool photo
316420548_10159228279881848_2966176690662978873_n.jpg

I am not as knowledge about Soccer overall but isn't the Saudi Arabia win over Argentina an upset.

I never thought of Saudi Arabia for being big on soccer and I would believe it a much bigger thingl in Argentina and that beating Saudia Arabia was just an almost guaranteed preliminary.

Maybe all my assumptions were wrong. I don't know?

I am not as knowledge about Soccer overall but isn't the Saudi Arabia win over Argentina an upset.

I never thought of Saudi Arabia for being big on soccer and I would believe it a much bigger thingl in Argentina and that beating Saudia Arabia was just an almost guaranteed preliminary.

Maybe all my assumptions were wrong. I don't know?
No that has to be one of the biggest upsets ever.

Hope we haven’t gotten all the big upsets out of the way prior to England/USA.

Have to say I’m a bit surprised by some of the ratings so far.

U.S. played pretty well I thought, created a lot of opportunities but just couldn’t finish. Better performance than Monday. Win and in on Tuesday.

This final 16 just will not be the same without the Lararte and Burton implications.

Great game France & Tunisia

I doubt anyone wanted to see it come down to Fair Play points so it’s kinda good that Saudi Arabia got in the board in the final minutes against Mexico.

So how does the next round work, is every game an elimination game?

Back
Top Bottom