Aric Almirola is having one of the worst seasons ever by a top tier ride

Because their track for success is, wait for it, actual success. Danica was losing sponsors and they had Smithfield staring at them in the face with a driver who was actually competitive. Smithfield > merch sales.
I still feel shr didn’t always give her the best stuff

I think Petty summed her up pretty well. He said she knew how to go fast but she didn't know how to race. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike her but I just never felt she had the killer instinct.
I think she ran where she was most comfortable.

Drivers ahead of him in the standings thus far:

Erik Jones
Chase Briscoe
Ross Chastain
Ryan Preece
Daniel Suarez
Darrell Wallace Jr.
Ryan Newman
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Michael McDowell

I don't know what's up with this team but overall they're severely underperforming. I don't recall a year where a top tier driver in top tier equipment was 28th in the standings this late in the season. Michael McDowell has looked like a title contender compared to Almirola. This is a guy who has made the playoffs every year since joining Stewart-Haas.

I think he should undoubtedly be on the hot seat. There are plenty of drivers in the lower ranks who would be worthy replacements. He's barely ahead of Anthony Alfredo in the standings! That's unacceptable.
Do you think he has forgotten how to drive? I think SHR as a whole looks like a team who isn't investing anything in these cars running their last season.

Do you think he has forgotten how to drive? I think SHR as a whole looks like a team who isn't investing anything in these cars running their last season.
I think they're likely investing a ton. How they were making speed last year was taken away. Now they have to figure out what everyone else is doing to make speed.

Things like this are very interesting. You never know where each team is making speed til you get a rules change and they fall on their face. Look how bad Penske fell a few years back when they started cracking down on the moving parts in the rear of the car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dale Jr. finishing 25th in the standings in Hendrick equipment in 2009 is probably the worst showing of a true top-tier driver in modern day NASCAR when they were in their "prime" age.
Made worse by the fact his teammates finished 1-2-3 in the points that year.

I still think she was shafted in terms of equipment at SHR. Maybe Aric is beginning to be as well
That's just a ridiculous statement. The fact that people still think the top teams have some good and some bad equipment that they direct to certain drivers in their organization is insane in this day and age. The average Cup chassis literally gets run for only three races. They're cycling through equipment constantly and always improving as their engineers find more and more small gains. The quality control of these teams, which are essentially manufacturing facilities, has never been better. All of the drivers on the big teams are getting the best of what that team has to offer, period.

I still think she was shafted in terms of equipment at SHR. Maybe Aric is beginning to be as well
Cup racing doesn't work like that. Team owners don't pick and chose who gets the best cars.

It's about people, money, work ethic, Smart's and talent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's just a ridiculous statement. The fact that people still think the top teams have some good and some bad equipment that they direct to certain drivers in their organization is insane in this day and age. The average Cup chassis literally gets run for only three races. They're cycling through equipment constantly and always improving as their engineers find more and more small gains. The quality control of these teams, which are essentially manufacturing facilities, has never been better. All of the drivers on the big teams are getting the best of what that team has to offer, period.
Cup racing doesn't work like that. Team owners don't pick and chose who gets the best cars.

It's about people, money, work ethic, Smart's and talent.

It’s a weak excuse masquerading as a reason.

In the DP heyday, the back lot of SHR looked like a St. Patricks Day parade.
Because ... Danica...

Almirola’s not a stellar driver, but he’s not the worst. I still think one win free of crazy circumstances would change things a lot for this guy. That said, 28th isn’t a good look at all and makes it look unlikely that his breakthrough is coming. The rookie and the sophomore are ahead of him. It’s a pretty far cry from being the only other guy who kept a pretty good, constant presence in the top ten out of the SHR bunch last year. I’m rooting for him to turn it around though.

It’s a weak excuse masquerading as a reason.
You see it everywhere. HMS, Gibbs, etc.

The equipment is exactly the same. The difference is the people who make up the invidual race team primarily.

Driver/CC are the two cogs of two sides of two different coins.. performance, and information.

It's about what the engineers, and everyone else is able to do with that information to enhance performance that makes a single team more successful than another.

Danica was a mediocre talent who could not diagnose the car. Of course she isn't going to get great race cars when the communication between her and her CC is leaving important information on the table.

You see it everywhere. HMS, Gibbs, etc.

The equipment is exactly the same. The difference is the people who make up the invidual race team primarily.

Driver/CC are the two cogs of two sides of two different coins.. performance, and information.

It's about what the engineers, and everyone else is able to do with that information to enhance performance that makes a single team more successful than another.

Danica was a mediocre talent who could not diagnose the car. Of course she isn't going to get great race cars when the communication between her and her CC is leaving important information on the table.

I suspect her last season all her cars were chassis that had been repaired. Maybe a new car for Daytona then leftovers from there. They knew she wasn't gonna run any better in new stuff and wasn't going to give them any usable feedback so why waste the equipment. Plus the team probably lost some enthusiasm.

I suspect her last season all her cars were chassis that had been repaired. Maybe a new car for Daytona then leftovers from there. They knew she wasn't gonna run any better in new stuff and wasn't going to give them any usable feedback so why waste the equipment. Plus the team probably lost some enthusiasm.
I bet you're right on the money with that

I was wondering how this thread was going when the 10 wrecked

IlArv8w.jpg

Aric is having a Bobby Labonte 2005 with Gibbs kind of year. Other then Bristol none of these incidents have been his fault. Dude just can’t get any momentum going

He had just broken into the top 10 after starting 32nd when his wreck happened. Haven’t seen someone have as much rotten luck to start a year in a while. Has been all downhill since he won his duel race

Back
Top Bottom