Aric Almirola

I don't understand. He got a lot of good exposure and experience. I think he did a good job of showing what he can do when thrown into a new situation. It may turn out to get him a good ride.
Well while he was top 5 in points in the xfinity series his ride dissolved & was lucky enough to be a sub driver at the cup level. Although as he was coming into his own, he got the boot again. Obviously hes fortunate to have that chance, but its a raw deal IMO.

I think Bubba subbing for the remainder of the season would be a smarter investement. IMO Bubba was poised to have some good consistent finishes & hes marketable.

Aric is that you? Got to love NBC :confused:

admy83m2w69z.png

It just seems like yesterday he got injured, holly wow the time has gone by fast , glad to see he is cleared to race again.

Aric was driving an Xfinity car part time, why wasn't Bubba given that ride? Maybe he turned down a lesser ride? The only reason I can think Bubba doesn't have a ride is "no one wants to sponsor colored drivers including companies owned by colored people" History shows I am correct IMO.

I really like bubba and it sucks that He's suffering from RFR tanking, but it is almirolas ride and petty owes him to him to honor the rest of his contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aric was driving an Xfinity car part time, why wasn't Bubba given that ride? Maybe he turned down a lesser ride? The only reason I can think Bubba doesn't have a ride is "no one wants to sponsor colored drivers including companies owned by colored people" History shows I am correct IMO.

The Xfinity ride isn't Petty's to give, It's Fred Biagi's :idunno:

He wont be the same
Why do you say this? No one knows yet if he will be "the same" or not, but his odds are good. I've known multiple racers who were very much "the same" after recovering from very serious injuries, and one who was not. That is a BS post.

Why do you say this? No one knows yet if he will be "the same" or not, but his odds are good. I've known multiple racers who were very much "the same" after recovering from very serious injuries, and one who was not. That is a BS post.

yeah time will tell, I watch a lot of drivers after a big wreck, Larson and Dillion lately, you never know how they will come back. Kahne was already slow. Almirola always impressed me by being able to get the most out of a slower car and bring it home with the fenders on it. He very seldom over drives. My guess he will be fine. Patrick has taken some huge hits and she is doing better this year. :idunno:

Kyle Busch. 'Nuff said.

Coming from a collegiate athlete, trust me when I say he wont be the same. Whether its mentally second guessing, unreported chronic pain, a brand new uncomfortable ****pit position, or etc...

As an athlete, these big injuries stick with you one way or another.

Chex, you can pose all day long as one in Aric's shoes, but I know what (and who) I know. Only time will tell if Aric is "the same" or not, but his odds are very good.

Chex, you can pose all day long as one in Aric's shoes, but I know what (and who) I know. Only time will tell if Aric is "the same" or not, but his odds are very good.
Im not posing as if I was in his shoes, Im using my own experience as a sports trainer & an athlete to predict his performance based on his injury & recovery time.

Predictions can be wrong.

Looks like he thinks he's sound and ready to go from the article, hope that's the case
Almirola said he only had some soreness Tuesday night from muscles that he hadn't used in two months. Beyond that, he feels ready.

"No real pain in the bone or anything like that, which is encouraging," said Almirola, who planned to get a final CT scan Thursday. "The doctors feel really good about the CT scans that we've had and all the new bone growth that has happened in that injured area.

"They're telling me to go race."
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...y-team-feeling-confident-aric-almirola-return

Back
Top Bottom