Aric Almirola

I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about bowyer and want to throw him to the wolves I think last week is a good indication of what he's capable of still last year he ran in the top 10 in points all year long. Beat out by some guys who won circumstantial races I think this year if that team improves which they look like they could he's going to contend for some wins
They also forget he finished 2nd in points behind Kez, but ahead of JJ. Clint is a top 10-15 driver I'd say, consistent, usually wins a few races here and there. He's far from a dud IMO.

Almirola has a lot of eyes on him since he replaced sparkle pony. They lost the handle on the car at Atlanta, they started off really good, but didn't keep up with the track. It happened to a lot of teams.

Almirola has a lot of eyes on him since he replaced sparkle pony. They lost the handle on the car at Atlanta, they started off really good, but didn't keep up with the track. It happened to a lot of teams.
Didn't that happen a lot to Danica? They have the same CC?

Didn't that happen a lot to Danica? They have the same CC?
This happened a lot to Danica. Nascar should have used the 10 car for a test bed safety simulator
503a609d6bb3f79579000007-320-240.jpg

yep he is driving this year for his job. IMO if he doesn't step up, I would think he would be either out or on a really short contract. Likeable guy or not.
Are you saying they have someone in the wings or they will drop to 3 cars??

I didn't say any of that. I don't do the future thing, I'm still laughing at the ones that were saying a short time ago that Stewart Haas couldn't fund four cars.

Almirola has always been underrated. May not be in the spotlight, but he's a solid, consistent driver that stays out of trouble and gets the best finish he can.

why is everyone saying almirola is so great? how good was he again in a gibbs NXS car? I would say mediocre. bowyer is not KK, bowyer is at least running his car in the top 15, KK was running his HMS car back when HMS was good, back with BK racing cars at the rear of the pack. lets also not forget SHR didn't run out there wanting to sign almirola. That deal came together because smithfield brought money. SHR had a car with no driver and no sponsorship. Insert almirola.

I hate to bag on Aric because he is a decent driver, but I think it said more about Danica's inability to get it done at the highest level of stock car racing.

If you can't read Almirola stats since he joined SHR, I don't know what to tell ya.
a couple top 10's are you serious? that is somehow magical? we he starts running up front in the top 3 and slugging it out with the veterens who have won lot of races get back to me. If he had done a chase elliott at phoenix, then get back to me. Alex boman and regan smith came in and subbed in the 88 car and ran the car just as well as the 10 car is now. The they were not the regular driver for the team either. remind yourself danica isn't in the car anymore, yes its going to be a good measure faster. but running in the top 10, and running the top few without something strange happening is another matter.

a couple top 10's are you serious? that is somehow magical? we he starts running up front in the top 3 and slugging it out with the veterens who have won lot of races get back to me. If he had done a chase elliott at phoenix, then get back to me. Alex boman and regan smith came in and subbed in the 88 car and ran the car jus

he already did that at Daytona ;)

big difference in plate races. front row won races with david ragan there. way different talent needed to run up front on the other type of tracks.

there is always a "special" one. But FYI in only a short time

In the 10 car previous, she had 7 top 10s and 20 top 15’s in 191 races. 20/191 is around 10%. Aric has been top 15 100% of the time for the 4 races in the 10 car and almost won the 500. Also SHR for the first time in history placed 4 cars in the top ten. Kurt has the last year's 10 car team in it's entirety. You might have a problem with that? But the stats don't lie.

there is always a "special" one. But FYI in only a short time

In the 10 car previous, she had 7 top 10s and 20 top 15’s in 191 races. 20/191 is around 10%. Aric has been top 15 100% of the time for the 4 races in the 10 car and almost won the 500. Also SHR for the first time in history placed 4 cars in the top ten. Kurt has the last year's 10 car team in it's entirety. You might have a problem with that? But the stats don't lie.
yeah but the hauler driver is better than danica, your point being?

why is everyone saying almirola is so great? how good was he again in a gibbs NXS car? I would say mediocre. bowyer is not KK, bowyer is at least running his car in the top 15, KK was running his HMS car back when HMS was good, back with BK racing cars at the rear of the pack. lets also not forget SHR didn't run out there wanting to sign almirola. That deal came together because smithfield brought money. SHR had a car with no driver and no sponsorship. Insert almirola.
We all know you have “the trained eye” and the rest of us are lesser beings. :rolleyes:

yeah but the hauler driver is better than danica, your point being?
That's not really a fair comparison. Danica doesn't get to log near as many practice miles per week as a hauler driver and she has to sit on a phone book in a very uncomfortable seat just to see over the dash, where as the the hauler driver has the luxury of a nice comfortable air ride seat that will adjust up and down to their preference. Plus they have a much larger steering wheel that may give them a little better control of their vehicle. You also have to realize that Danica has to drive in a hot constricting fire suit with a big helmet on all day, and a hauler driver can drive around in a light weight baseball cap and their underwear in a nice cool cab. I think this gives the hauler driver an unfair advantage over any race car driver "male or female".:)

Harvick, who earned his 17th win with SHR, received a positive text message from Almirola Saturday night predicting a top-10 run for his No. 10 Ford.

“Dude, you’ve got a top-five car,” Harvick responded. “You need to go out and run in the top five.”

Almirola’s result is his best in 15 starts at ISM Raceway.

“That’s really the most important thing because that progression as a race team, when everybody ups the ante on the car, you learn something from each car and each person,” Harvick said. “The confidence in the company goes up. The evolution of things starts to happen more rapidly. Now that the 10 car is in that evolution, it is good for our company.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/stewart-haas-racing-puts-together-best-race-yet/

Aric is performing well in just his 4th race on a brand new team for him. Usually takes longer than that to find the chemistry.

Long season, but he might be a legit contender for several races before its over.

Harvick, who earned his 17th win with SHR, received a positive text message from Almirola Saturday night predicting a top-10 run for his No. 10 Ford.

“Dude, you’ve got a top-five car,” Harvick responded. “You need to go out and run in the top five.”

Almirola’s result is his best in 15 starts at ISM Raceway.

“That’s really the most important thing because that progression as a race team, when everybody ups the ante on the car, you learn something from each car and each person,” Harvick said. “The confidence in the company goes up. The evolution of things starts to happen more rapidly. Now that the 10 car is in that evolution, it is good for our company.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/stewart-haas-racing-puts-together-best-race-yet/

The hits keep coming.

Good lord.

He ran one full Nationwide season for Gibbs and was fourth in the standings. He didn't win, but non-Cup drivers won three races all year. I don't know how you judge that badly other than perhaps "too early to tell". He clearly got shuffled out at JGR as they chose to prioritize other young drivers. I was never sure that was wise. It won't be long until all of these different interpretations of his past career are moot. If he continues to make the most of this SHR opportunity, that's all that will matter. If his performance lags, he'll get squeezed out again eventually. Thus far, nobody could have reasonably expected a better start.

He probably wasn't paying attention. Keselowski and Almirola both took two tires for position in the race and came out side by side. Almirola finished up in 7th place, Keselowski in comparison finished 15th. Somebody drove their tail off. Guess which one.

He probably wasn't paying attention. Keselowski and Almirola both took two tires for position in the race and came out side by side. Almirola finished up in 7th place, Keselowski in comparison finished 15th. Somebody drove their tail off. Guess which one.

Irrelevant to keselowski he was on a weird strategy....but Aric did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom