Aric Almirola

the same one Almirola was on. until Kez did the fuel mileage thing.

Well yeah exactly and that's why I say you can't really use the Finish as a comparison because the whole fuel mileage thing screwed up Keselowski finish had he pitted when everybody else did he would have gotten a top 10 finish... the 10 car was awesome to watch and I liked him running down the 78 during that run but I wouldn't say Keselowski didn't drive his ass off because he always does

A lot of guys would be like to finish 13th, 10th, and 7th in the first three non-plate races of the season.

The guy is showing what he can do. He was interviewed and stated that his goals for the first part of the season was to run top 15. He's done that. He then stated that he knew that they could do better. I think you'll see him move his goals in another couple of races. He'll be running in the top 10. I think he'll point his way into the playoffs.

I was skeptical when he first went over to SHR. But he's done well so far, better than I expected TBH. :cool:

Seems kinda weird to see the 10 car runnin' up front all the time...
rULwcLx.gif

I've liked Aric since I saw him interviewed after finishing 10th in the Morgan Dollar truck at IRP years ago. He had a really solid run that night and came across as really nice and genuine in his interview. I hate that he's in a Ford, but I'm happy that at this point in his career he got a ride where he could really showcase his talent.

I've liked Aric since I saw him interviewed after finishing 10th in the Morgan Dollar truck at IRP years ago. He had a really solid run that night and came across as really nice and genuine in his interview. I hate that he's in a Ford, but I'm happy that at this point in his career he got a ride where he could really showcase his talent.
Agree, to bad Gibbs didn't recognize what he had back when.

Seems kinda weird to see the 10 car runnin' up front all the time...
Too bad danica couldn't stay around until they finally got it right.

not only did he set a drunkin cop straight at the Chilibowl, it looks like he weighed too much to be pulled down like Hambone who was slung like a rag doll when he tried for Logano. :p

Smoke still running his mouth about this. Note the irony that he's always done far more barking than biting himself, except when there's a drunk old fan to fight with his entourage present. He's a buffoon on this subject.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/1...crap-out-of-me/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Tony is over weight and out of shape with a bad spine. Not the best example to talk about physical confrontations. Hell, he wouldnt even approach Gordon at Watkins Glenn in 2000. He is 100% bark with zero bite.

Tony is over weight and out of shape with a bad spine. Not the best example to talk about physical confrontations. Hell, he wouldnt even approach Gordon at Watkins Glenn in 2000. He is 100% bark with zero bite.
yeah Gordo was a force to be reckoned with

In every one of his short track confrontations with drunken fools, Stewart is the big shot who either owns the place or might as well, with myriad hangers-on ready to leap in and help the second it goes wrong for him. The drunken fools of course don't, because they're drunken fools. It's a rather uneven scenario.

He swatted at Logano, nobody's idea of a gladiator, a few times and that's his claim to fame in the WWE ring. OK.

As a general rule, the guys who can really kick your ass don't spend their time talking about it. Never heard Carl Edwards yapping about how much he loved to fight. The Harvicks and Stewarts are compensating.

:D:D:D:D

“It’s like, ‘Oh my God, what are we doing? We’re going to hold hands to come in from recess and preschool?’ ” Stewart said. “That’s why I love Kevin Harvick (for) when Kevin pushed Brad) Keselowski into Jeff Gordon (after the Nov. 2, 2014 race at Texas). And for Jeff Gordon to fight, that’s like, you’ve got a better shot of winning the lottery to get Jeff to fight.

“At least Harvick had the balls to push somebody and say, ‘Listen, if we’re going to do this, let’s do this. Let’s do it right.’”

There have been scuffles in the pits after races the past two weeks in NASCAR: the Custer-Reddick scuffle at Texas and the Denny Hamlin-Joey Logano set-to at Martinsville Speedway (which resulted in a No. 22 crewmember’s one-race suspension).

“It frustrates the crap out of me,” Stewart said. “I can’t stand watching these guys. I’m watching Joey Logano with his hand on his crew guy in front of him so he can act like he’s swinging back there. For God’s sake. This is getting embarrassing.

“I tell you what, just line both of them up. I’ll whip their ass by myself together. I don’t care. I’ll take them both on. We can do it right after this (luncheon) is over. Take them to the media center, I’ll whip both their asses. You can put them right beside each other. I’ll take them down.

“You can stand behind me and act like you’re going to do something, Gossage. That way it looks like at least two on two. It looks more fair to them, anyway.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/1...ting-in-nascar-frustrates-the-crap-out-of-me/

Smoke still running his mouth about this. Note the irony that he's always done far more barking than biting himself, except when there's a drunk old fan to fight with his entourage present. He's a buffoon on this subject.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/1...crap-out-of-me/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I actually like Tony Stewart, but he's gotta be the biggest hypocrite in the history of auto racing. There's soooo much irony in a lot of the stuff he says. Whether it's talk about fights or blocking or hiring drivers or whatever it is, he's just one giant contradiction.

I actually like Tony Stewart, but he's gotta be the biggest hypocrite in the history of auto racing. There's soooo much irony in a lot of the stuff he says. Whether it's talk about fights or blocking or hiring drivers or whatever it is, he's just one giant contradiction.

I admire what he does for grass roots racing and that it's in his blood. I know many other fans who do as well. But most of them realize that he is talking out of his ass at least half the time.

Back
Top Bottom