Aric Almirola

I actually like Tony Stewart, but he's gotta be the biggest hypocrite in the history of auto racing. There's soooo much irony in a lot of the stuff he says. Whether it's talk about fights or blocking or hiring drivers or whatever it is, he's just one giant contradiction.

Lmao so true.

Chickenhawk.

You should say that to his face. Earlier this year some dumbass was taunting Tony, I think it was at a sprint car race, so Stewart ran over to the guy and busted that mater head. That dude didn't say another word afterwards either lol.

Always wanted to see a Stewart Newman square off...bought as close as it got

Lmao he was a drunk bystandard that Tony swiped at. What a tough guy.

Well the guy is old enough to fight for his country, drink, and run that mouth. Looked like he was old enough to get punched in the mouth for being stupid too. LOL

You should say that to his face. Earlier this year some dumbass was taunting Tony, I think it was at a sprint car race, so Stewart ran over to the guy and busted that mater head. That dude didn't say another word afterwards either lol.

Yes, I'm aware of the incident.

Stewart boasts into a microphone about how he'll "whip their ass by myself together" regarding two men who weren't in the room, and that's your withering retort?

Notice I didn't say anything about my fighting prowess, because I don't need to. I make fun of pudgy little Tony Stewart when he feels the need to indulge his delusional fantasy that he's some kind of tough guy at the expense of others.

Yes, I'm aware of the embarrassing incident.

Stewart boasts into a microphone about how he'll "whip their ass by myself together" regarding two men who weren't in the room, and that's your withering retort?

Notice I didn't say anything about my fighting prowess, because I don't need to. I make fun of pudgy little Tony Stewart when he feels the need to indulge his delusional fantasy that he's some kind of tough guy at the expense of others.

Sorry to let you down I don't have one for every little comment. There was really nothing embarrassing about what he did to that allegedly drunken fan because that guy had it coming and I don't blame him at all. I get it you're not a fan and it's cool. I'm not a fan of lots of other drivers and former drivers myself.

I thought what he said about Logano and Hamlin was funny. You have to admit Joey really should have just decked Hamlin if he was so mad and went to all the trouble going over there instead of pushing him like a girl. Hamlin even made fun of the whole incident later. Pretty clear that he doesn't respect Joey. Joy's gonna have to bust that mouth if he doesn't want to get laughed at and shoved around on the track.

Last edited:
Hamlin never learns. Every time he shoots off his mouth he screws up th next race. At least he is consistent and did it to himself again today.

I get it you're not a fan and it's cool. I'm not a fan of lots of other drivers and former drivers myself.

FWIW, I would have been classified as a big fan of his when I was young in the '90s and '00s. From sprint cars to IRL to NASCAR. At some point as I grew up, I became uncomfortable with the reality that he never did.

As I said earlier, I remain a huge fan of his accomplishments and passion for dirt racing. I can't support his rampant insecurity and untreated anger issues.

Aric got P2 for what I think is his first top-five at Texas, led laps, won stage two, and contended for the win all day. This is what I had expected to see more of from him in his sophomore year with SHR. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, because I'd personally say this has mostly been a downgrade from his freshman year.

FWIW, I would have been classified as a big fan of his when I was young in the '90s and '00s. From sprint cars to IRL to NASCAR. At some point as I grew up, I became uncomfortable with the reality that he never did.

As I said earlier, I remain a huge fan of his accomplishments and passion for dirt racing. I can't support his rampant insecurity and untreated anger issues.
Tony strikes me as having the entertainer persona. He knows that wouldn't really happen - there's no reason for him and those two to square up against each other - that's why he so freely shoots his mouth off like a snuff-chewing middle schooler.

Aric got P2 for what I think is his first top-five at Texas, led laps, won stage two, and contended for the win all day. This is what I had expected to see more of from him in his sophomore year with SHR. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, because I'd personally say this has mostly been a downgrade from his freshman year.

Unlike Bowyer and Harvick, he has been quiet about his feelings RE: package. I like Almirola and hope he will keep trending upward as well.

I think it had to do a lot with SHR's 1.5 mile car/setup for Texas. All of them led laps and Suarez who almost never is in the top 5 came in third right behind Almirola

This

Tony is no more neurotic than some of the other drivers out there today, he's just theatrical about it. Tony was a better driver than everyone racing right now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aric did well yesterday, but this is only his second top 5/top 10 in about 10+ races.

He's going to need to pick it up next season, I know he's a good driver, but instances with his lack of consistency is concerning after a really hot start the first quarter of the season, then he tapered off.

I wonder why he had such a down turn? I hope he shows more next season, he's certainly capable of it.

Aric did well yesterday, but this is only his second top 5/top 10 in about 10+ races.

He's going to need to pick it up next season, I know he's a good driver, but instances with his lack of consistency is concerning after a really hot start the first quarter of the season, then he tapered off.

I wonder why he had such a down turn? I hope he shows more next season, he's certainly capable of it.

You have to take into account this is Danica's old team and her CC.
Time for a wholesale change. I doubt this is on the driver.

You have to take into account this is Danica's old team and her CC.
Time for a wholesale change. I doubt this is on the driver.
Billy Scott is the crew chief for Suarez. (Danica's old CC)

Johnny Klausmeier is Almirola's CC this year, its their second year together and they have gotten worse in finishing races this year. Odd because they finished 2018 at a high level. This year, they limped into the playoffs badly with hardly any signs of improvement.

Yeah Almirola isn't having the year he had last year, but remember that SHR as a team started out on the wrong foot and it took them awhile later in the season to find more speed.
For sure, but remember Aric was probably the most consistent SHR entry during the beginning. They lacked speed, but everyone was calling for Clint's head to be chopped off. Yet, Clint's recovered better than expected IMO.

Aric has been practically invisible post Daytona II. SHR as a company has had a tumultuous season, but at one point I thought Aric was going to seriously breakout with a win or two. Its the reason why I'm disappointed more than most about his season. Half of his top 10s came from the first eight races of the season. Aric was that good at first, I expected them to kind of maintain that speed.

Development and all the other good stuff come into play, teams get better, etc.

Boyer is less then 24 points ahead of Almirola, a couple good stage finishes could erase that. Neither are having some kind of a tragic year IMO.

Back
Top Bottom