As stars depart, NASCAR navigates a future of change

Unfortunately I can't imagine another manufacturer looking to get in the way NASCAR is trending.I have a brother that lives in Miami,Brian France spends more time in South Beach than he does at race tracks.I can only hope he is the last France to head up NASCAR.

Any manufacturer that wants in needs to follow the Toyota template in terms of commitment. Manufacturers entering and leaving isn't good for the series. Toyota's commitment took them 9 years for the Driver's Title and 10 for the Manufacturer's. Who is going to commit like that? Nobody.

LOL......... My God you said a mouthful there......!!!!!! It was rumored at the time that the Lincoln might be submitted to replace the T-Bird..... I was really hoping for it because it was a very sporty looking car...... whoever designed the Taurus should have been given a life in prison sentence without parole...... That had to be the most God awful ugly car besides the AMC Gremlin.......
You forgot the Pontiac Aztec. I'd also include those new Caddys that look like they were inspired by an M-1 Abrams tank, and a Lexus I saw advertized this weekend with a grille that looked like some kind of sci-fi portal. And didn't Chevy have a sub-compact that looked a lot like a Gremlin?

You forgot the Pontiac Aztec. I'd also include those new Caddys that look like they were inspired by an M-1 Abrams tank, and a Lexus I saw advertized this weekend with a grille that looked like some kind of sci-fi portal. And didn't Chevy have a sub-compact that looked a lot like a Gremlin?
I'd like to also nominate the Toyota Echo, the Isuzu VehiCross, the Nissan Juke, the Honda Element, the Subaru B9 Tribeca, and the Acura ZDX. All are truly hideous.

LOL........... No one seems to remember in '90 when the Lumina was the platform for G.M...... a damned front wheel drive........ production car made into a rear wheel drive to satisfy Nascar...... Thunderbird was the only production rear wheel drive thru '97......at least that was submitted to Nascar for approval........

And the Monte Carlo that followed it, as well as the Impala after that, and competitors Taurus, Fusion, Intepid, Avenger, and Camry. That ship sailed a longggg time ago.

At least the xfinity cars are the same configuration as their road variants. Well, at least for Chevy and Ford that is...

Back
Top Bottom