At age 22, does NASCAR on Fox even care anymore?

I think they do, or they wouldn’t spend all the money they spend on NASCAR, which is why we see so many commercials to make the money back.

I would like to see a CBS/TBS/TNT or ESPN/ABC package for the first 16 races with NBC/USA for the rest like they do currently.

I guess I'm clearly in the minority about this broadcast but I didn't think it was terrible. What did you expect the 1st 2/3 of the race ran pretty much green and this is the largest viewership race of the year. They need to sell advertising for it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I guess I'm clearly in the minority about this broadcast but I didn't think it was terrible. What did you expect the 1st 2/3 of the race ran pretty much green and this is the largest viewership race of the year. They need to sell advertising for it.

I think Clint gets a lot of unnecessary heat. Mike, Clint and Tony were great. The constant commercial breaks blew, though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think Clint gets a lot of unnecessary heat. Mike, Clint and Tony were great. The constant commercial breaks blew, though.

Had there have been cautions it wouldn't have been an issue. For the vast majority nothing was missed during commercial breaks

It's so funny that people complain about this broadcast when everyone tuned in last week to watch a 60 min game that took 4 hours to play. Also during that game they literally stop all action for commercials

It's so funny that people complain about this broadcast when everyone tuned in last week to watch a 60 min game that took 4 hours to play. Also during that game they literally stop all action for commercials

I sure as hell didnt watch that lol I could careless about football.

Racing and the NBA. Although I suppose as s fan of the NBA I shouldn't be talking because that league stands alone in terms of debockery

Being the adult in the room doesn't work around here. They missed a wreck doing a side by side, but they had all the time in the world to show it when they came back to full screen and they did. Calm, professional, Not a lot of screaming and fake drama that some think is genuine on NBC.

Bingo, there are no green flag commercials during the Superbowl, or any other sport outside of racing!

The commercials are part of the show at the Super Bowl. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bingo, there are no green flag commercials during the Superbowl, or any other sport outside of racing!
So you want them to stop the cars and park them during all commercials? Guess we can't have commercials during yellow either as something might happen that we'd miss.

No TV network is going to pay anything for a broadcast they can't sell advertising for.

What I've learned today from members here is that winning restrictor plate races at Dover is the difference between sucking and mediocrity, and disapproving of fox's coverage equates to brainwashing and a lack of maturity.

Racing-forums wins internet thread forum of the year.

So you want them to stop the cars and park them during all commercials? Guess we can't have commercials during yellow either as something might happen that we'd miss.

No TV network is going to pay anything for a broadcast they can't sell advertising for.

People didn't like coverage cutting to commercials every 5 minutes during stage 1 and 2. People moved on. The only ones who haven't are the ones still dismissing that, which frankly, is assinine

Do you people watch any other sports? The commercial overload is just nuts. Too much money in it
Have you figured out how much time is wasted playing an hour football game? They have time for all the commercials they want to show and even more time left for the booth monkeys to explain what you just saw. Oh and the drool when it is in overtime. 20 minutes to play 2 minutes worth of game and oh boy more time for commercials and talking head drama.

Reactions: sdj
Have you figured out how much time is wasted playing an hour football game? They have time for all the commercials they want to show and even more time left for the booth monkeys to explain what you just saw. Oh and the drool when it is in overtime. 20 minutes to play 2 minutes worth of game and oh boy more time for commercials and talking head drama.
I do believe they was saying commercials are just part of things, and no complaining. They agree with us.

Do you people watch any other sports? The commercial overload is just nuts. Too much money in it
Just basketball. Basketball has so much stoppage time though, and commercials are more strategically placed, it seems.

In the past, they would cut away from a commercial when something significant happens.

I realize sponsors are the most important factor for Fox, NASCAR, and the teams but they need to realize the race is most important for the fans.

I watched a Daytona 500 livestream on my phone while the race was on my tv. The streamer is a very popular NFL streamer (Tom Grossing) and after the race (he knew nothing about NASCAR) he was very vocal about the tv coverage being horrendous. He said as a first time watcher, nothing he heard/saw from the tv angles and commentating would want to bring him back to the sport BUT he said he gained a new appreciation for race car drivers and enjoyed the race.

1676863968181.png
1676864002513.png

Dont let things like facts get in the way of a good argument

It's what happens with mob mentality, one of them starts whining about the commercials and that gets the rest started..no longer focused on the race. Joey's hair etc. The thread without moderation becomes a dumpster fire.

It's what happens with mob mentality, one of them starts whining about the commercials and that gets the rest started..no longer focused on the race. Joey's hair etc. The thread without moderation becomes a dumpster fire.
I used to read posts during the race but now I usually just come in during commercials or wait until after it's over and skim through the race thread. I pretty much know who will be complaining, and about what, so a lot of times I just skip past those posts. Using this technique, I can read a 10-page race thread pretty quick. :)

I've never been a Bowyer fan and I think Tony brings out the worst in him because I thought he was more awful than usual this week. If I were running Fox, 2024 would be Mike, Larry Mac (even if he's not on site) Kevin and NOBODY else except for the pit reporters. I can't fathom why ANYBODY thinks having 19 different people talking about the same stuff is either interesting or entertaining. Before BP joined the booth on a regular basis, ESPN often did entire races with FOUR people. I would give a right arm to go back to those simpler times.

People started blasting Fox pretty heavily after last years Daytona 500 even though their problems have been building since long before that. The videos below are from last year.

In my opinion, except for the booth NBC's production quality is better than Fox's (which I think continues to get worse each year). I was pretty annoyed when Fox didn't cut away from the side by side coverage in today's 500 when the first thing which I thought had been worth watching (the accident near the end of stage 2) occurred in what had been an exceptionally dull race up until that point.

I'm also not liking Bowyer in the booth as much as I thought I was going to when he first came to Fox.

I've never been a Bowyer fan and I think Tony brings out the worst in him because I thought he was more awful than usual this week. If I were running Fox, 2024 would be Mike, Larry Mac (even if he's not on site) Kevin and NOBODY else except for the pit reporters. I can't fathom why ANYBODY thinks having 19 different people talking about the same stuff is either interesting or entertaining. Before BP joined the booth on a regular basis, ESPN often did entire races with FOUR people. I would give a right arm to go back to those simpler times.

I thought FOX was really good in their early years. They took the sport seriously and presented it as such.

As time went on though, DW became a cartoon character, Larry got banished to a studio, and Clint came on to replace DW as the resident yokel cartoon character. People remember DW for what FOX made him, not what he was. He was always a little goofy but FOX made him dial that way up. FOX's broadcasting style is also patronizing to the viewer and assumes we're morons who have never seen a NASCAR race before.

NBC would be better if Rick Allen didn't have to push BS narratives and repeat cliche catchphrases. I watched Rick on SPEED for years and thought he was a top notch pbp man. I don't recognize him on NBC.

Thought FOX did a fine job, Its a tough balance when you have to sell the sport to newbies and make sure you coddle the recliner critics.

If I ran Fox I would have Bob Jenkins, Larry Nuber and Neil Bonnett in the booth and Dave Despain on pit road. See how that works?

I wouldn’t have had a problem with the commercials if it wasn’t the same ones over and over. How many Coke Zero and Temu commercials did we see?

That’s a big difference between the Daytona 500 and the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl, due to the cost of ad time, rarely will you see the same commercial more than once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom