At the age of 24 has Chase Elliott gained a couple steps?

Before NASCAR Jimmie was winning off road races and stadium races and Championships against all time great off roaders, wasn't he? He burst into the cup scene with only 3 or 4 years of stock car experience after a pretty successful 4 or 5 years off road and in stadiums.

I wouldn't call that being blown out by Elliot's pretty much strict track to cup..which he was put on at age 14.

It's just a different trip to cup.

That being said, if Chase came into cup in 2018, he would have been winning out of the gate, imo. He had all the tools in 2016, just wasn't quite ready to win at the cup level yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think Chase was a lot more ready than his team was. Also, you can't ignore some of the horrible luck and circumstances that prevented some early victories. The reason I said Chase blew Jimmie away, is because Chase had success in what I feel was series that were truly relevant to stock car racing. He won Truck races, he went 1-2 in two years in Xfinity, he won the Snowball Derby, he won the Winchester 400, and on and on. The reason I knew he was the real deal was that he won EVERYWHERE he went, and at such a young age. If you were watching Jimmie back then like I was back then, I thought he was a 100 to 1 shot to last even five years in Cup. It's easy to forget after the fact, but Rick Hendrick, Lowes, Herb Fishel, Chevrolet, they took a HUGE leap of faith on puting Jimmie in the 48 ride. Even Chad Knaus was underwhelmed until he got to know Jimmie as a person. By the time Chase turned 18, I never once doubted that he would be a championship contender at some point.

Anybody with half a brain over at EA should be trying to make a deal to do that cover with Chase on it.
and then give him the cover with an endorsement deal to appear in the commercials to sell the game. $$$$$$$$$$$

I know the younger NASCAR crowd around the Country and people here probably enjoys NASCAR racing video games and a lot of them really likes Chase Elliott, but I don't know if a lot of the main stream younger crowd cares much about NASCAR racing or even knows who Chase Elliott is. They seem more interested in video games with guns, car chases, walking dead people, and other kinds of weird shi-t. I know when I was doing my Christmas shopping last year and I was looking for some video games at Wal-Mart the NASCAR racing videos had some of the cheaper prices, and they didn't carry a very large supply.

I know the younger NASCAR crowd around the Country and people here probably enjoys NASCAR racing video games and a lot of them really likes Chase Elliott, but I don't know if a lot of the main stream younger crowd cares much about NASCAR racing or even knows who Chase Elliott is. They seem more interested in video games with guns, car chases, walking dead people, and other kinds of weird shi-t. I know when I was doing my Christmas shopping last year and I was looking for some video games at Wal-Mart the NASCAR racing videos had some of the cheaper prices, and they didn't carry a very large supply.
There is still a market for them, and with Chase Elliott on the cover the market would be larger..That's the bottom line makin a buck.

There is still a market for them, and with Chase Elliott on the cover the market would be larger..That's the bottom line makin a buck.
But, is the market large enough to afford paying Chase and still be profitable?

But, is the market large enough to afford paying Chase and still be profitable?
Probably going to know that if we see his mug on the game. I'm betting we are going to see Chase on a lot of things. Chase wants a bigger plane to fly I bet and they don't come cheap. His dad has a really nice twin.

This.

It wasn't but a couple of weeks ago that you were yapping about how bad Chevy blew it with their new car and now look what happened.

Yup....read all of the posts. There is a very complimentary one about the subject you mention....but that doesn't fit with your posting style...or whatever this is.

and then give him the cover with an endorsement deal to appear in the commercials to sell the game. $$$$$$$$$$$
He's already on the cover of this year's NASCAR game. EA hasn't made a racing game in years, and what little community for the game there is wishes that they would bring NASCAR Thunder back because the Heat series is mediocre at best.

1605102583183.png

The NASCAR Heat game was cheaper and didn’t have a large supply because the current games are horse$hit, the games I grew up playing on PS, PS2, and PS3 from EA arnt even comparable to now, it’s be a disservice to do that. That’s sad a current console game is so awful compared to games 10-15 years ago. There’s a market for racing video games...GOOD games. AN example of those would be the F1 racing games from Codemasters, Assetto Corsa sports car racing game, Gran Turismo, and to a lesser extent the WRC games have a following. If ya good game is made with awesome marketing behind it, it will be sold.

The NASCAR Heat game was cheaper and didn’t have a large supply because the current games are horse$hit, the games I grew up playing on PS, PS2, and PS3 from EA arnt even comparable to now, it’s be a disservice to do that. That’s sad a current console game is so awful compared to games 10-15 years ago. There’s a market for racing video games...GOOD games. AN example of those would be the F1 racing games from Codemasters, Assetto Corsa sports car racing game, Gran Turismo, and to a lesser extent the WRC games have a following. If ya good game is made with awesome marketing behind it, it will be sold.
This. I'd LOVE to see Codemasters do a NASCAR game similar to the F1 series. Their career mode is amazing.

He's already on the cover of this year's NASCAR game. EA hasn't made a racing game in years, and what little community for the game there is wishes that they would bring NASCAR Thunder back because the Heat series is mediocre at best.

View attachment 50404
I saw Chase in zero commercials for this game which I also might add got horrible ratings. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig.

View attachment 50404
I know EA hasn’t made a game in years, I know I have the last one ha ha. I would like to see them give it another go compared to the alternatives we have. I also hope Codemasters makes an Indy Car game before a NASCAR one

This. I'd LOVE to see Codemasters do a NASCAR game similar to the F1 series. Their career mode is amazing.
It just blows my mind that we can't get a good console NASCAR game. Console games peaked for NASCAR about 15 years ago. NASCAR racing 2003 on the PC is the best NASCAR game ever. Talking all the way from The physics, the AI, the driver ratings etc.

You had editable driver ratings from short track to speedway, super speedway, and road course. A min and a max rating that influenced performance. And then a min and max rating for intangible qualities.

I remember people were modifying the field to reflect particular seasons. I remember running 3 hour sims and just watching the race. There were comers and goers. There would be a fastest car that could make passes, take the lead, etc. We saw drivers turn it on, have better long run speed, etc.

All of this in a PC game that is almost 20 years old. I mean..what the hell.

It just blows my mind that we can't get a good console NASCAR game. Console games peaked for NASCAR about 15 years ago. NASCAR racing 2003 on the PC is the best NASCAR game ever. Talking all the way from The physics, the AI, the driver ratings etc.

You had editable driver ratings from short track to speedway, super speedway, and road course. A min and a max rating that influenced performance. And then a min and max rating for intangible qualities.

I remember people were modifying the field to reflect particular seasons. I remember running 3 hour sims and just watching the race. There were comers and goers. There would be a fastest car that could make passes, take the lead, etc. We saw drivers turn it on, have better long run speed, etc.

All of this in a PC game that is almost 20 years old. I mean..what the hell.

and those oh so important PLAYYOOFFF POINTS!!!!!........ wait sorry I have Stockholm Syndrome from what we just had to endure since June. Thunder 04 is the GOAT for me because you could do pretty much a career with one active driver for 20 seasons I think it was. So I was in my dorm room in Fall of 03 as a freshman when I started playing the game, I took Jeff Gordon until the year 2024 ( I played that game gosh until about 06 or 07ish) and the kicker is the game kept stats ( wins, trophy room over EVERY SINGLE SEASON. You could literally go back and look at previous years stats. It was like Racing-Reference.com but on a game) for the other drivers in the Field. I also loved how you could make your own schedule each season (with tracks in the game. The Catch was some tracks had night races that didnt have it in real life. I've been racing Martinsville at night since like 2003. Some tracks even had a Roval, that Homstead-Miami roval was oh so sweet), it was a neat little touch. I also found it so much easier to set up a car on that game than the Heat games, I learned Wedge or Tire Pressure as well as the ability to do left side tire, rights or 4 tire Pit Stop. Thunder also had Paint Schemes from the 01,02, and 03 seasons....... you didnt have to pay for them. What a concept you pay $40 for a game and all the schemes are in there. It's the little things that count, the details on a PS2 Game are in so much greater detail than a PS4 game and I would bet my house the PS5 game will be a let down. It's just so terrible we cant get a good NASCAR game, I wish EA would just copy and paste Thunder 04. Heat 4 is playable and its still in my rotation actually but I will never understand why a game almost 16 years old now is better than a game in 2020. But I am sorry this thread is about Chase and his championship rise to stardom, sorry to take away from the topic of discussion

What did Kevin Harvick say about Chase back when he had his xm radio show? He hasn't really done anything. Needs to win. Didn't he say that? Seems like he started winning not long after that criticism.

What did Kevin Harvick say about Chase back when he had his xm radio show? He hasn't really done anything. Needs to win. Didn't he say that? Seems like he started winning not long after that criticism.
He can bring his 10 or so trophies over to Chase's place and compare what they're like to 5 trophies and a Cup if he likes. (sorry, feeling punchy this morning...)

He also spouted off that Dale Jr underperforming hurts the sport several years ago as well. As Ricky Rudd said, he's got a "yip yip dog" mouth at times.

He also spouted off that Dale Jr underperforming hurts the sport several years ago as well. As Ricky Rudd said, he's got a "yip yip dog" mouth at times.

Dale Jr. actually addressed that comment on this week's podcast (he may have also addressed it when it happened, don't know.) Dale said he agreed that it would have helped the sport if he had more success. he also said that Kevin was pissed at Dale at the time for something Dale had said, which may have prompted the comment. Dale made a BIG point about Chase being the first Most Popular Driver to win the title since Bill did it in 1988.

Reading your comments about Dale Jr, I’m really sad now he didn’t win a championship during his career. Really thought he was gonna get a Cup during the 03-07 years. What Chase has done with the last name and the ghost of all his father’s success is really tremendous to see.

Nobody knew that better than Chase at the time and of course the R-F experts.

Dale Jr. actually addressed that comment on this week's podcast (he may have also addressed it when it happened, don't know.) Dale said he agreed that it would have helped the sport if he had more success. he also said that Kevin was pissed at Dale at the time for something Dale had said, which may have prompted the comment. Dale made a BIG point about Chase being the first Most Popular Driver to win the title since Bill did it in 1988.
I saw that. Does anyone know what it was that Dale said?

He can bring his 10 or so trophies over to Chase's place and compare what they're like to 5 trophies and a Cup if he likes. (sorry, feeling punchy this morning...)

I don't think Kevin meant any harm by that. I interpreted his statements as being said from the point of view of an outsider. Of course he's not an outsider, but I think he was trying to look at NASCAR as an organization, as a whole.

It's easy to take offense, but I think all he really was saying is that NASCAR's most popular drivers need to win and have success. Granted, we know that the most popular drivers having success doesn't make a difference, as ratings were down this year from last year even with Chase being in the final, So that kind of eliminates Kevin's take. That being said, I don't think this was a hostile statement. I think this was him just trying to take an objective business perspective

I don't think Kevin meant any harm by that. I interpreted his statements as being said from the point of view of an outsider. Of course he's not an outsider, but I think he was trying to look at NASCAR as an organization, as a whole.

It's easy to take offense, but I think all he really was saying is that NASCAR's most popular drivers need to win and have success. Granted, we know that the most popular drivers having success doesn't make a difference, as ratings were down this year from last year even with Chase being in the final, So that kind of eliminates Kevin's take. That being said, I don't think this was a hostile statement. I think this was him just trying to take an objective business perspective

That's how I took it. I was listening when he made the comments and it wasn't disrespectful. I think fans are the only people that were butt hurt.

That's how I took it. I was listening when he made the comments and it wasn't disrespectful. I think fans are the only people that were butt hurt.

I like Kevin and appreciate his "tell it like it is" style, but he CAN be a little snarky at times. It's one of those things where I don't disagree with what he said, I'm just not sure how much value there was in saying it. Sort of like when Richard and Kyle Petty went off on Danica. Probably better left unsaid.

I think he just said it would be great for the sport if/when he starts winning. It was different than the Dale comment a few years ago. He and Chase have a pretty good relationship back from when Kevin used to do Xfinity races for JRM.

I think he just said it would be great for the sport if/when he starts winning. It was different than the Dale comment a few years ago. He and Chase have a pretty good relationship back from when Kevin used to do Xfinity races for JRM.
Yeah Kevin isn't that much of a dick anymore.

It's pretty cool to see Chase as a Champion, and a new Champion for HMS. The 24/9 team never missed a step after Gordon retired.

Because of Larson coming on board and running races out of the series, Chase said yeah me too and Hendrick couldn't say much. Didn't take him long to find a race.

Gotta give the Chevy Ad people props. They have produced some AWESOME race related ads over the years. This is as good as any I have seen.

You didn't say anything about Toyota's last year, but I will let it go.

Back
Top Bottom