At the age of 24 has Chase Elliott gained a couple steps?

I am so glad we have a most popular driver that actually contends for the title every year. It’s really good for the sport. Being a Dale Jr fan in 2008-2012 must’ve been extremely challenging.

Chase has become the most clutch driver in the sport, and it makes sense, since he lost a race every way possible in the first 3 years of his career. He learned from all those mistakes. If anyone but him wins the title this year, it will be a shame.

2014 begs to differ
Why does being a perennial championship contender have to be tied to being the most popular driver? There are a lot of great people out there that will probably never sniff a title. I'd rather see a most popular driver that doesn't win much than have a bunch of bandwagon jumpers who all flock to somebody because they ARE winning a bunch.

I am so glad we have a most popular driver that actually contends for the title every year. It’s really good for the sport. Being a Dale Jr fan in 2008-2012 must’ve been extremely challenging.

Chase has become the most clutch driver in the sport, and it makes sense, since he lost a race every way possible in the first 3 years of his career. He learned from all those mistakes. If anyone but him wins the title this year, it will be a shame.
Takes after his old teammate who is the most clutch driver of all time in my opinion.

But another driver who often gets overlooked, and in my opinion is still the most reliable and clutch driver in the sport today in the right car is Brad Keselowski.

He's one of the few guys who can always always put a winning car in victory Lane. And we've seen him steal his share of races as well. If Roush gets it figured out next year, I fully believe Brad can be a contender again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why was just 2008-12 challenging? 13-17 wasn't any better.

Are you ****** kidding me? Dale Jr was one of the couple most consistent drivers in 2012, 2014, 2015. It’s not like 2013 & 2016 were that bad either all things considered.

Are you ****** kidding me? Dale Jr was one of the couple most consistent drivers in 2012, 2014, 2015. It’s not like 2013 & 2016 were that bad either all things considered.

Outside of 14 and 15 junior wasn't very good at Hendrick.

Why does being a perennial championship contender have to be tied to being the most popular driver? There are a lot of great people out there that will probably never sniff a title. I'd rather see a most popular driver that doesn't win much than have a bunch of bandwagon jumpers who all flock to somebody because they ARE winning a bunch.
Harvick said that this was a weakness of the sport in his NASCAR Radio show a couple of years ago in regard to Junior. You ask a good question....I have found the ebbs and flows of MY Toyota success to be part of the intrigue of the sport, and draws me closer to it. I would imagine that it would be kind of the same for driver-centric fans....but there will always be those who claim to have been there from the beginning. Like if KFB ever wins again, my boy @StandOnIt will always say that he knew he had more wins in him.....

Harvick said that this was a weakness of the sport in his NASCAR Radio show a couple of years ago in regard to Junior. You ask a good question....I have found the ebbs and flows of MY Toyota success to be part of the intrigue of the sport, and draws me closer to it. I would imagine that it would be kind of the same for driver-centric fans....but there will always be those who claim to have been there from the beginning. Like if KFB ever wins again, my boy @StandOnIt will always say that he knew he had more wins in him.....

Yes, Harvick said that, but Harvick says a lot of things, and he was pissed as hell at Jr. when he said it, so I wouldn't put TOO much weight behind it. What has always bothered me a little is the drivers that have all of these supposed supporters, but as fans aren't even engaged in the sport in slightest, and that includes some of the Gordon fans back in the day. I used to talk to some of the Dale Sr. fans that hadn't been to a race, or even watched a race in forever, but "Dale was their guy". Do THOSE fans REALLY help the sport? I don't know, maybe they do. At least if a non-superstar driver becomes a fan favorite, it's likely because of engaged fans, because nobody else even knows who they are.

At least if a non-superstar driver becomes a fan favorite, it's likely because of engaged fans, because nobody else even knows who they are.
I like your take here. I really do.

I think it’s a good thing when the first name and face to be associated with any given sport happens to be someone relatively successful in their field. I’d rather have a bunch of silly bandwagoner fans along for the ride than a reduced-capacity group hoping that their guy still has a few more wins left in the tank. Why? That’s more eyes and ears in the audience, and a source for more fun conversations. ;)

Harvick said that this was a weakness of the sport in his NASCAR Radio show a couple of years ago in regard to Junior. You ask a good question....I have found the ebbs and flows of MY Toyota success to be part of the intrigue of the sport, and draws me closer to it. I would imagine that it would be kind of the same for driver-centric fans....but there will always be those who claim to have been there from the beginning. Like if KFB ever wins again, my boy @[B]StandOnIt will always say that he knew he had more wins in him.....[/B]

What is a person supposed to say Ol Kyle won again but Rev said he wasn't supposed to . :dunce:

Good guys that are humble , have a little humility, and win every now and then, are
usually your most popular drivers award winners. You know , the kinda guy you would like to see
your daughter marry. #9 checks all those boxes.

sounds like you do need another. I celebrated 30 years of sobriety in may lol.
Congratulations my friend! That's outstanding. Thoughts and prayers for continued success in your journey.

It's a funny way to mourn one of YOUR TRD Yota drivers who has been kicked out of the fold to attack another member who could care less lol.
One would think you should hold fast to YOUR yota's TRD factory line of B.S. that WE at TRD tried everything to keep Kyle in the family. But I must admit a pissed off Kyle running rampant next year and pious Joe running around looking like his shorts are way too tight would be entertaining

It's a funny way to mourn one of YOUR TRD Yota drivers who has been kicked out of the fold to attack another member who could care less lol.
One would think you should hold fast to YOUR yota's TRD factory line of B.S. that WE at TRD tried everything to keep Kyle in the family. But I must admit a pissed off Kyle running rampant next year and pious Joe running around looking like his shorts are way too tight would be entertaining
You really see me as attacking you? That's ridiculous. We go back and forth. It's what we do......I don't take anything we do as serious--just good fun. Back to the point, you haven't said a good thing about your new boy until he went to Childress, and then you gave us the raw raw Kyle still has wins left in him bit. What did you think I was going to do with that? Better yet, what would you do with that? Come on man.

You really see me as attacking you? That's ridiculous. We go back and forth. It's what we do......I don't take anything we do as serious--just good fun. Back to the point, you haven't said a good thing about your new boy until he went to Childress, and then you gave us the raw raw Kyle still has wins left in him bit. What did you think I was going to do with that? Better yet, what would you do with that? Come on man.
Come on what? Now we have some crazy fans out there in social media land, I haven't heard one say Kyle Busch will never win another race...nobody is THAT crazy. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Come on what? Now we have some crazy fans out there in social media land, I haven't heard one say Kyle Busch will never win another race...nobody is THAT crazy. Wake up and smell the coffee.
I didn't say that either. I am commenting on your optimism for a guy you have been slamming until now. It's truly hilarious.

You are a dreamer. Keep on dreaming. I'd rather he kick OUR ass than listen to him bitch about the car endlessly as his teammates win in it. Your problem now. Enjoy.

I didn't say that either. I am commenting on your optimism for a guy you have been slamming until now. It's truly hilarious.
What you call optimism? Like I said "I haven't heard one fan say Kyle Busch will never win another race" It's coming and your way of dealing with it IS hilarious.

You two are an old married couple, tbh. As a neutral observer, I've never noticed any real hostility between all the **** talking.

You both manage to bring each other into conversations you aren't part of to just **** on each other.

I think it's hilarious.

You two are an old married couple, tbh. As a neutral observer, I've never noticed any real hostility between all the **** talking.

You both manage to bring each other into conversations you aren't part of to just **** on each other.

I think it's hilarious.

Wish they would just create their own thread to troll in rather than mucking up every other thread. It’s exhausting.

Wish they would just create their own thread to troll in rather than mucking up every other thread. It’s exhausting.
Well than get some sleep. And when you wake up you will discover that there is an ignore button.
I would continue to look at your own contributions to the site before you attack others and that goes for everybody.

I did not attack you. In fact I congratulated you on your sobriety. your welcome, btw. And have a nice night.
Looks like you called me a troll bud. You aren't sneaky leaving names out, I know who you were talking about. Your exhausted? Use your ignore button that is what it is there for.

"Wish they would just create their own thread to troll in rather than mucking up every other thread. It’s exhausting."

Looks like you called me a troll bud. You aren't sneaky leaving names out, I know who you were talking about. Your exhausted? Use your ignore button that is what it is there for.

"Wish they would just create their own thread to troll in rather than mucking up every other thread. It’s exhausting."
Sigh.

I did not call you a troll. I called what you two often do trolling. As in the verb.

Now this is going to be my last post on the matter because I hate stooping down to this level. Feel free to get the last post in because I know you can’t help yourself.

Btw, again your welcome and have a nice night.

Sigh.

I did not call you a troll. I called what you two often do trolling. As in the verb.

Now this is going to be my last post on the matter because I hate stooping down to this level. Feel free to get the last post in because I know you can’t help yourself.

Btw, again your welcome and have a nice night.
That's good because I would never ever call you a pompous ass

Called US trolls. I have a new pronoun to capitalize! We (lower case intended) are now US!!!!!!

I think it's hilarious.

Glad you see it that way because I do too....I'd vote @StandOnIt as one of the posters I would most like to share a race day with. We'd have a blast. I'm serious about this.

I don't think it happens. The team is so hot/cold and at the same time, frankly, it looks like Chase has on days and off days. He doesn't seem to have the ability to bring a 20th place car up to 10th place the same way Gordon and Johnson could do.

Also the cutoff line is going to only get more challenging, IMO. Bowman and Ty Gibbs are both out at the moment and I would say they are both more likely to put together a string of top 10s to point themselves in. And frankly, Chase needs more than top 10s.

He's always been a pretty good clutch driver so a win at Watkins Glen is certainly possible. NASCAR's most popular driver winning the cutoff race at Daytona would be a great story... enough so NASCAR might look the other way on some things in tech.

Chasey doesn't have a dominant car anymore after the louvers and greenhouse stuff. He goes to work every race knowing that he put his team in this place. 100% he is pushing, and 100% The Felon has talked to all of The Chain Gang about their passion for **** that doesn't translate into performance.

Think Chase has a shot to win at Watkins Glen. I also think for some strange reason hes going to be up fighting for the lead at Pocono this week but thats more because HMS has always run well there. Dont count him out at Daytona either. The rest of it, I cant see him winning to get in and I think thats the safest way to to do it for the 9 bunch, like someone said up above they're too hot and cold for my taste to be consistent enough to point their way in. It'll really be catastrophic if he misses a year to fight for a championship in the prime of his career, so much so I'd expect that the dream of many of Gustafson being launched will come true. Very weird year they're having, seems like they never got into a rhythm and still having trouble finding it, makes you wonder if the driver is focused behind the wheel or whats going on with the team.

Back
Top Bottom