Atlanta Cup Pre Race Thread

#48 camp is the best in the business at cheati... adjudsting their car to new technology.

Did they test the Gen 6 cars at Atlanta last year?
There was no tire testing at Atlanta in 2012.

#9-Ambrose, #11-Hamlin, #5-Kahne, #17-Stenhouse Jr. tire tested at Atlanta this year on 6/18-6/19

Also #78-Busch, #1-McMurray, #43-Almirola, #99-Edwards, #2-Keselowski, #5-Kahne, #13-Mears, #20-Kenseth, #27-Menard, #56-Truex, Jr., Allmendinger, #83-Reutimann all tire tested on 8/6

Ok.. I wasn't sure because I kept seeing clips of them talking about the gen 6 car at Atlanta and as far as I knew they hadn't been there yet. I knew they tested here not long ago but for some reason it just seemed like it was longer ago for some reason.

This weeks pace car.

BS7Aw2LCUAAMFzK.jpg:large

All times ET

FRIDAY, AUGUST 30

ON TRACK
--11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, Canada (Follow live)
-- 2:30 p.m.-5 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, Canada
-- 3-4:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1, Atlanta (Follow live)
-- 5-6:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series (Tape delayed until 9 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 2), Atlanta (Follow live)
-- 6:40 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 coverage starts at 7 p.m., Atlanta (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
-- Greg Biffle, 1:30 p.m. ET
-- Ryan Newman, 1:45 p.m. ET
-- Matt Kenseth, 2 p.m. ET
-- Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announcement, 2:35 p.m. ET
-- Martin Truex Jr., 4:45 p.m. ET
-- Post-NSCS qualifying, 7:55 p.m. ET (approximately)

GARAGE CAM
WATCH LIVE
-- Sprint Cup: 2:30 p.m. ET
-- Nationwide: 4:30 p.m. ET

BUY TICKETS FOR CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK
Click here to purchase tickets.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 31

ON TRACK-- 9:30-10:30 a.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, Canada (Follow live)
-- 10:30-11:30 a.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FS2, Atlanta (Follow live)
-- Noon-1 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, Canada (Follow live)
-- 3-3:55 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FS2, Atlanta (Follow live)
-- 4:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2, Atlanta (Follow live)
-- 5:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, Canada
-- 6-6:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FS2, Atlanta (Follow live)
-- 7:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series Great Clips-Grit Chips 300 (195 laps, 300.3 miles), ESPN2 (coverage begins at 7 p.m.), Atlanta (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES:
WATCH LIVE
-- Mark Martin, 2 p.m. ET
-- Post-NNS race, 9:45 p.m. ET (approximately)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1

ON TRACK
-- 1:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado 250, (64 laps, 157.37 miles), Canada, FS1 (coverage starts at 1 p.m. ET) (Follow live)
-- 7:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AdvoCare 500 (325 laps, 500.5 miles), Atlanta, ESPN (coverage starts at 7 p.m.) (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES
WATCH LIVE
-- Post-NSCS race, 11:15 p.m. ET (approximately)

Some notes from practice before qualifying.

Brad K, Edwards and Montoya at the top of the charts.

Not alot of people picked up after the first lap.

Larry Mac said Jeff Gordon was fastest out of 10 consecutive laps.

Larry Mac said Jeff Gordon was fastest out of 10 consecutive laps.

I dont take practices too seriously but this is a relieve after seeing where he was overall.

Not sure why they didn't bring the stud car he's been bringing the past few years. Probably worned out by now.

Henrick overall struggled which to me means they really didnt go for it in practice..Save your stuff for the qualifying run.

Yeah, but they're all good teams and how much faster he was is astounding.

He needs a good qualifying lap. We all have seen this year the importance of track position. You can have the fastest car but if you don't have track position, you don't stand a chance. Hopefully they get the job done this weekend, sure would be nice.

Qualifying will be on a 20 min delay on FS1 btw 7pm est.. I'm just going to use the live timing.

last week, I was posting on here and got spoiled the results because Espn was off by 5 mins. lol

last week, I was posting on here and got spoiled the results because Espn was off by 5 mins. lol

The "live" coverage is actually off by a good margin anyway. Speed was sometimes off by like 15 or so minutes. lol

Before NASCAR.COM went kablooy I used their live leaderboads but now getting on that site is a chore. The minute where you have to spend 1-2 minutes trying to get into a site with high speed internet its the time you need to quit. lol

The track has lost A TON of grip. Speed is way off to top guys in practice. Brad K was almost a second off his practice time

18 on the pole so far after 10 qualifyers.

The track has lost A TON of grip. Speed is way off to top guys in practice. Brad K was almost a second off his practice time

I must be on a delay as I just heard Keselowski say that speeds were up from practice and he hadn't qualified yet :confused:

I must be on a delay as I just heard Keselowski say that speeds were up from practice and he hadn't qualified yet :confused:

Yeah sorry, I'm following the live timing on nascar site. Fs1 is 20 mins behind. Some teams might be faster but he was much slower.. The fast time in practice was 29.051

I'm watching raceview, just trying to keep it up to date on the first two.

Back
Top Bottom