Atlanta Cup Pre Race Thread

At least Gordon will be starting decently which he most definitely needs right now.

I got first and second in yahoo fantasy. :punkrocke

How much do you want to bet he doesn't even lead a lap?

Stenhouse qualified well at Kansas, but the race was a different story (he finished 11th).

They were practically screaming during Danica's 15th place run, but that's a different topic.

In the context of how crap SHR as a whole is on 1.5 mile tracks, and her traditional weakness being qualifying, it's hardly a bad run either.

Wow when did NASCAR start running just 1 Atlanta race?

I am just now realizing this. lol

I was going through the schedule to see how Gordon had done in the first race to find out they haven't even ran here yet.

Completely went over my head. :p

Wow when did NASCAR start running just 1 Atlanta race?

I am just now realizing this. lol

I was going through the schedule to see how Gordon had done in the first race to find out they haven't even ran here yet.

Completely went over my head. :p

Kurt Busch won the last Atlanta spring race in 2010

That was also the race where Carl Edwards allegedly tried to murder Brad Keselowski.

Question 1: With Logano in 10th place with 1 win and Keselowski in 11th with no wins, how does the #22 race the #2 and can Logano risk pulling over for his teammate or does he race for EVERY position/point he can gain?

Question 2: Both Busch brothers are good at Atlanta so will KyBu back off to help get big brother into the chase and will KuBu do what he has to do - family or not?

Question 3: "Bull in the china shop" driver this weekend...Newman or Gordon?

Question 1: With Logano in 10th place with 1 win and Keselowski in 11th with no wins, how does the #22 race the #2 and can Logano risk pulling over for his teammate or does he race for EVERY position/point he can gain?

Question 2: Both Busch brothers are good at Atlanta so will KyBu back off to help get big brother into the chase and will KuBu do what he has to do - family or not?

Question 3: "Bull in the china shop" driver this weekend...Newman or Gordon?

Answer 1. Joey better race Kez hard, he's not locked in by any means and no he won't pull over.. even if they were going for the win. This isn't F1.

Answer 2. Kyle will wreck anyone for a win.

Answer 3. Neither, Newman doesn't really need to and Gordon won't.. he's gone soft (even if he is a favorite this weekend)

Answer 1. Joey better race Kez hard, he's not locked in by any means and no he won't pull over.. even if they were going for the win. This isn't F1.

Answer 2. Kyle will wreck anyone for a win.

Answer 3. Neither, Newman doesn't really need to and Gordon won't.. he's gone soft (even if he is a favorite this weekend)

Do you think that this may be Newman's last best shot a championship? A win would would make the chase much more likely for him.

Yes, but really, it's too risky to be wrecking someone at Atlanta. He already has the one win so if he's in a spot to win, he won't give that spot up on the last lap but wrecking would pretty much end his chances of racing into the first wildcard. That might not make sense but basically, if someone like Kurt or Gordon wins at Atlanta, Newman can't afford to wreck.

Yes, but really, it's too risky to be wrecking someone at Atlanta. He already has the one win so if he's in a spot to win, he won't give that spot up on the last lap but wrecking would pretty much end his chances of racing into the first wildcard. That might not make sense but basically, if someone like Kurt or Gordon wins at Atlanta, Newman can't afford to wreck.

I didn't really mean wrecking others but more just stomping their way through the race, if they have to ;)

Also, I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see KuBu in victory lane come Sunday night.

I'm sure the restarts will be crazy and if I'm a driver with no wins, I may gamble on tires late.

And don't think for a second that Johnson is willing to just hand over top seed in the chase to Kenseth.

Should be a good race - media hype aside.

Back
Top Bottom