Atlanta Cup

Has Jeff Gordon lost his "Stuff"?

In hindsight, Jeff thinks he maybe should have moved the 11 but there is no guarantee that doing so would have worked out. What impressed me was Jeff's tenacity over the last couple of restarts to get himself in position. The 2nd to last restart and subsequent laps when he moved from 8th to 2nd were impressive. Dude was hanging it out big time in turns 1 and 2.

In hindsight, Jeff thinks he maybe should have moved the 11 but there is no guarantee that doing so would have worked out. What impressed me was Jeff's tenacity over the last couple of restarts to get himself in position. The 2nd to last restart and subsequent laps when he moved from 8th to 2nd were impressive. Dude was hanging it out big time in turns 1 and 2.

I was just poking around. I knew I would get it from you.

Jeff needs to find that fire again, much like Stewy did last year.
He's got enough money,a hot wife,kids.The only thing I could see him getting the FIRE for is to have a son?Having the fire to win again on the track is gone.

He's got enough money,a hot wife,kids.The only thing I could see him getting the FIRE for is to have a son?Having the fire to win again on the track is gone.

He kinda proved that last night. Instead of moving Hamiln, he pushed him and let him get away for an entire lap.

I don't think Jeff Gordon has lost anything. He's one of the greatest drivers to ever sit in a stock car. He has overcome a lot of bad luck this year. Jeff will win many more races before his career is over.
Carl, on the other hand, has nothing but bad luck.

I was really shocked that Danica was 6 laps down. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty.

Well, Carl is toast fro anyone who hadn't faced reality before last night. They guy hasn't had his head in the game since Tony gave him nightmares. Blown restarts, pit road speeding and causing wrecks have been the norm for him. Carl is in his scheduled tailspin and this one may be a long one. Last year, he said he practiced to be the best loser NASCAR has ever seen, and the training is sure paying off in spades. Ford must be salivating at getting a real championship contending team in their stable next year. Matt is leaving, and Carl sure can't fill those shoes.

I was really shocked that Danica was 6 laps down. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty.

Atlanta is tough on tires maybe the toughest of the 1.5 tri-ovals. A tough place for the inexperienced. She strikes me as more calculating, methodical, finesse, rather than one that likes the slipping and sliding

I blame this partially on the team in general missing the setup. Tony finished 22nd. Last year's Champ.

Denny had clean air and a fast car. And if Jeff would have wrecked Denny the Limbaugh lovers club would have come unglued around here.

Best race of the day was the F1 race. NA$CAR needs to have a stock car series that races road courses more than ovals.

I don't think Jeff Gordon has lost anything. He's one of the greatest drivers to ever sit in a stock car. He has overcome a lot of bad luck this year. Jeff will win many more races before his career is over.
Carl, on the other hand, has nothing but bad luck.

I agree . I don't recall him ever being known as a 'dirty 'driver , and most of the passes that I saw him make were clean . Some fans feel that he needs to start wrecking his competitors to win races . Maybe he doesn't want to go out that way.

Good call! 2 for 1 drinks and their Long Island Iced Tea cannot be beat.

Well I'm 18, so the 2 for 1 drinks don't apply for me. But it was a good call. The few people that were there weren't watching TV (the place was pretty empty) and there wasn't an age limit, so I got to watch the race on the TVs with volume. :D

Lets not forget that the 11 was very fast. Also, getting to someones bumper and "moving" them can potentially end in disaster.

This is true! But the "Big Picture" rassin should have been thrown out the window (like the famed water bottle or the piece of Robby Gordon's roll cage padding) with so much on the line.

Mr. Nice Guy might have cost himself a place in the Chase.

And how effing cool would it be to see 12 American Built Toyotas in the Chase???

Discuss amongst yourselves...

This is true! But the "Big Picture" rassin should have been thrown out the window (like the famed water bottle or the piece of Robby Gordon's roll cage padding) with so much on the line.

And how effing cool would it be to see 12 American Built Toyotas in the Chase???

uploadfromtaptalk1346719186001.jpg

Okay pay close attention because this is complicated, they are not manufactured in the states, they are sent here as kits and put together by machines and the tons of money is shipped back to japan. Because every toycar or toytruck is not made here just assembled here it takes 15 minutes to change the machines in the plant from assembling a camry to assembling a tundra or whatever , a few welds and nuts and bolts to put one together and thats it. The waltrip brothers, rusty wallace, dale jarret, brad dougherty, larry Mcreynolds and damn near everybody else connected with the media has a toyota contract and that is why they inundate the airwaves with toyota propaganda.

Okay pay close attention because this is complicated.

There is truth in what you said, Johali. But here is my point...
FORD Fusions are assembled in Mexico.
Dodge Chargers are assembled in Canada.
Chevy Impalas are assembled in Canada.
(And the new Chevy will be Australian from what I understand.)
Toyota Camrys are assembled in Kentucky.
Which manufacturing plant provides JOBS for AMERICANS?

Okay pay close attention because this is complicated, they are not manufactured in the states, they are sent here as kits and put together by machines and the tons of money is shipped back to japan. Because every toycar or toytruck is not made here just assembled here it takes 15 minutes to change the machines in the plant from assembling a camry to assembling a tundra or whatever , a few welds and nuts and bolts to put one together and thats it. The waltrip brothers, rusty wallace, dale jarret, brad dougherty, larry Mcreynolds and damn near everybody else connected with the media has a toyota contract and that is why they inundate the airwaves with toyota propaganda.

Build a bridge Mate,......and get over it.

The world is a changing..........change with it......or watch it go by

There is truth in what you said, Johali. But here is my point...
FORD Fusions are assembled in Mexico.
Dodge Chargers are assembled in Canada.
Chevy Impalas are assembled in Canada.
(And the new Chevy will be Australian from what I understand.)
Toyota Camrys are assembled in Kentucky.
Which manufacturing plant provides JOBS for AMERICANS?
They are assembled there but made here and sent there as kits and the money stays here, according to abc news the most jobs in america connected to auto manufacturing are in this order, Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota, Kia etc. This is one of those propaganda filled things that toyota spends hundreds of millions of dollars convincing americans that its patriotic to buy a toyota and send your money to japan.

Build a bridge Mate,......and get over it.

The world is a changing..........change with it......or watch it go by
That has to be the most nonsensical response I've ever gotten on any thread forum or board anywhere.

They are assembled there but made here and sent there as kits and the money stays here, according to abc news the most jobs in america connected to auto manufacturing are in this order, Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota, Kia etc. This is one of those propaganda filled things that toyota spends hundreds of millions of dollars convincing americans that its patriotic to buy a toyota and send your money to japan.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks Johali. I glad I bought a Lincoln. They are made here.

Back
Top Bottom