Atlanta Motor Speedway 2022 update

Working the corners in, putting down the base

1631994777987.png

My gut is telling me the new 2022 car will be the difference more so
than the tracks slight reconfiguration along with the new pavement.

I think the action will be similar to the past 25 years . Planning to
make the Saturday March 19 , 2022 double header and see for myself.
Its going to be weird not seeing the old pebblestone track.

Poured a 5 gallon bucket full of water on the track and the water disappeared, amazing technology

oh my the banking in that place. Those cars are gonna fly, cant wait to see em go at it there.

I think the flat footers will be in full song, the rest of us will enjoy the hell out of it I think. Call me crazy but I would like to see a short rain just to watch it disappear

The car is slower aero wise than the gen 6. So lets do even less HP than 550 and go with 510? They had to add 120 HP from 550 to get the car to run almost the same speed as the gen 6 at Charlotte. I don't get it :idunno:

The car is slower aero wise than the gen 6. So lets do even less HP than 550 and go with 510? They had to add 120 HP from 550 to get the car to run almost the same speed as the gen 6 at Charlotte. I don't get it :idunno:
Daytona and Talladega still draw huge crowds, I think this is Atlanta's way of trying to bring them back.

Do attendance numbers even matter anymore? Tracks care about TV money more than anything.

Do attendance numbers even matter anymore? Tracks care about TV money more than anything.
100,000 seats at Daytona at an average price of say $85 a ticket plus food and beverage sales and souviners.Of course they care.

Yes they do. NASCAR has tried to implement attendance standards for all tracks & has stated they will take races away if they have to.

That's why general managers get paid to promote the track for attendance purposes.
A good case can be made when Eddie Gossage quit at Texas Motor Speedway and Rob Ramage took over and nothing but empty seats happened.

That's why general managers get paid to promote the track for attendance purposes.
A good case can be made when Eddie Gossage quit at Texas Motor Speedway and Rob Ramage took over and nothing but empty seats happened.

There's a difference between a promoter and a general manager.

Eddie Gossage was a promoter. He filled seats because he worked at it, and came up with creative advertising campaigns, billboards, and nothing was off limits.

Most "General Managers" aren't promoters.

I have a feeling the 2-car tandem will return for the inaugural race on this configuration. With the front stretch quad oval design and sharp corner exits, I don't foresee pack racing beyond a few laps after a restart. It will probably be Indy 500 style freight train slingshots (in a good way) with tandem drafting late in the race.

Hoping for no airplane cars more than anything

Back
Top Bottom