Atlanta RACE thread

I like Dale Jr...but I'm already sick of all of his damn commercials.

Sick of them.
Yeah, Junior's my man, but I can understand where you're coming from. The Nationwide Dale Jr. Report (or whatever it's called) doesn't help either. He's popular enough all on his own and gets talked about a lot as it is. We don't need to be shoving him down everyone's throats even more.

And as I speak, here's another one. Ha ha.

Er..so are we to understand that there won't be any lead changes until the final laps?...zzzz
Yes, Cup races are too long.

My controversial opinion of the day, keep the Daytona 500, Coke 600 and the road courses the same length, cut all the other races by 100 miles.

When I go to the barber I don't ask for "The Petty" mustache, I ask for "The Gordon" mustache.

jeff-gordon-mustache.jpg

Yeah, Junior's my man, but I can understand where you're coming from. The Nationwide Dale Jr. Report (or whatever it's called) doesn't help either. He's popular enough all on his own and gets talked about a lot as it is. We don't need to be shoving him down everyone's throat even more.

And as I speak, here's another one. Ha ha.

That's what happens when he wins a couple of races in one year. They give the guy his own show within the race.

Logano is going to bust that thing sooner or later.

Yes, Cup races are too long.

My controversial opinion of the day, keep the Daytona 500, Coke 600 and the road courses the same length, cut all the other races by 100 miles.

Cut all other 500 mile races you mean?

Gordon made it to the top 10 before lap 100. Yessir.
Slow & steady. Car doesnt look as fast on long runs as last yr though. Complaining about looseness. New aero package problems imo. Hope they figure it out soon or its gonna be a long final season. Got too used to him being a threat for the lead by lap 50 :p

Cut all other 500 mile races you mean?
I'd cut the 400 miles down to 300 miles. Need some sprints to make things frantic! Specially with the new Chase system. It'd be madness!

Jeff Gordon on the radio: ..You know how much I like passing Ryan Newman.

Talking about the good pit exit.

lol

I'd cut the 400 miles down to 300 miles. Need some sprints to make things frantic! Specially with the new Chase system. It'd be madness!
Interesting, and as a TV viewer I think it would be a cool experiment. Do you think the track-going, paying customer would embrace? That would be my question.

Slow & steady. Car doesnt look as fast on long runs as last yr though. Complaining about looseness. New aero package problems imo. Hope they figure it out soon or its gonna be a long final season. Got too used to him being a threat for the lead by lap 50 :p

Last couple of laps are the ones that count.

Interesting, and as a TV viewer I think it would be a cool experiment. Do you think the track-going, paying customer would embrace? That would be my question.

No. Read the comments on here. Fans who go to the races want LONGER races. This is part of the problem NASCAR has.

Look at the TV contracts and the dollar values attached. The people in the stands are a secondary consideration. NASCAR's primary revenue stream is TV now.

No way. That is way too short. Only way that would make sense is two 300 milers in a weekend. Busch races are 300 miles long.

Back
Top Bottom