Atlanta RACE thread

Just caught up to the portion of the race where Harvick’s crew had a problem with their NASCAR issued pit gun. I hate that NASCAR issues pit guns now why can’t teams use their own from whoever they have a tool sponsorship from like Snap On, IR, or MAC. Takes the coolness out of it, another thing for NASCAR to meddle with that didn’t need meddling.

Just caught up to the portion of the race where Harvick’s crew had a problem with their NASCAR issued pit gun. I hate that NASCAR issues pit guns now why can’t teams use their own from whoever they have a tool sponsorship from like Snap On, IR, or MAC. Takes the coolness out of it, another thing for NASCAR to meddle with that didn’t need meddling.
Intended to reduce cost.

A little hot and chocolate dont do well together, gonna make a mess on the track if that snickers almond bar melts

Why do they keep saying Kyle Busch has to fix his broken track bar adjuster before the end of the race? Is there a penalty for it not functioning in post race inspection?

Intended to reduce cost.
How would that work in terms of if a team had a sponsor for instance many years Snap On sponsored RCR so wouldn’t the team just get guns from them or be able to purchase at a discounted rate?

How would that work in terms of if a team had a sponsor for instance many years Snap On sponsored RCR so wouldn’t the team just get guns from them or be able to purchase at a discounted rate?
This new rule trumps any sponsorship teams might have with a tool company.

Mike Joy is such a smart race broadcaster. Why does he keep yammering on about how staying out "cost" Kyle Busch X seconds or X spots? He is faster than anyone at the moment with fresher tires. It evens out unless a caution occurs.

Jeez.

Why do they keep saying Kyle Busch has to fix his broken track bar adjuster before the end of the race? Is there a penalty for it not functioning in post race inspection?

I think they meant if he wants to have the best chance to win - but he probably has a good enough car to just take care of his tires and get a top 10 and move on to Vegas.

NASCAR's goal is to level the pit road playing field.
Don’t want to hijack the race thread, but I don’t like it one bit. I was a fan of pit crew performance and pit crew innovation, I feel they are streamlining it and it will take so much skill out of it. But that’s just my opinion

Mike Joy is such a smart race broadcaster. Why does he keep yammering on about how staying out "cost" Kyle Busch X seconds or X spots? He is faster than anyone at the moment with fresher tires. It evens out unless a caution occurs.

Jeez.
it CAN even out. There isn't a lock on that.

Don’t want to hijack the race thread, but I don’t like it one bit. I was a fan of pit crew performance and pit crew innovation, I feel they are streamlining it and it will take so much skill out of it. But that’s just my opinion
I added to my reply, it was also done to cut cost for the teams.

Back
Top Bottom