Belgian GP Race Thread

Wow too much water. I don’t think they will start this any time soon.

Race delayed by a mere 10 minutes.

It’s not only raining hard now but the wind has picked up significantly.

They keep delaying it by 5 minutes. Kind of dumb.

Red Bull could have taken the time to repair Checo's car as well...

Well, they would still need to receive the car... Doh.

Can you partake after telling the FIA you’re done?

Delayed once more. Getting ridiculous now.

It looks very very dark. This race should be pushed to another day or canceled.

Can they NASCAR this up and run it on Monday? Lol

the logistics might be a problem since they are on a back to back to back streak.
When was the last time F1 ran on Monday? I assume they have at some point but I have no idea when. I’d hope there’s a way to get it in if today is a washout rather than a straight up cancellation, but the calendar is a mess right now.

@Reck I might be wrong, Red Bull has the car now and it looks like mechanics are jumping on it. The event has not officially started, so maybe they can get Checo going.

@Reck I might be wrong, Red Bull has the car now and it looks like mechanics are jumping on it. The event has not officially started, so maybe they can get Checo going.

You were right. You can’t.

Wait they give half points for completing 2 laps? Hilarious.

When was the last time F1 ran on Monday? I assume they have at some point but I have no idea when. I’d hope there’s a way to get it in if today is a washout rather than a straight up cancellation, but the calendar is a mess right now.
I don't think that ever happened. The last race not run on a Sunday was South Africa 1985 which was on a Saturday.

Boys are talking about it.

Good old Red Bull wants the rules bent for them.

It’s so hard to cheer for Red Bull man. They are so unprofessional.

Wait they give half points for completing 2 laps? Hilarious.
One race lap technically. They’ve given partial points for races called deeper into the event, happened at Malaysia after thirty or so laps once. I hope that’s not what happens here after never even starting.

The rain is really coming down now. I don't want to be a pessimist, but this doesn't look good.

I’m not cool with a car crashing out, getting fixed and starting the race like nothing happened.

Would be a new low.

One race lap technically. They’ve given partial points for races called deeper into the event, happened at Malaysia after thirty or so laps once. I hope that’s not what happens here after never even starting.

I am aware of half points in F1. Just not for two laps ran with a safety car.

Brandle and fat dude were talking about the possibility.

I’ve never gotten the impression Masi is competent at his job.

The formation laps don’t count then? Race is officially two laps less because of the running under safety car thing.

They can't race in standing water. That's what caught Lando out yesterday. They probably can't run tomorrow, so it's probably reschedule or cancel.

Back
Top Bottom