Belgian GP Race Thread

First, I'm glad they didn't race.

I would have rather seen them postpone it. They have done it before (85, I believe).

We can't be too upset about awarding points because that's the rules, they are the same for everyone, and everyone knew that going in. Yeah, they probably need to have a more sensible rule, but for now you have to go by the book.

The way everything played out, there's a sliver of good to be found in Lando's crash. He was on his way to pole when he crashed, and that would have meant a win today. I'm sure no one wants to win their first Grand Prix like that.

If visibility is more of a problem than hydroplaning maybe it could be a solution to start the cars 5 seconds apart from each other when the conditions are that bad.
Better than not racing at all.

F1 won’t fix this so the fact that “BUT THE RULES SAY” excuse is meaningless. They will continue to not address the huge problem that is running two freaking laps and awarding 50% of the points. It’s unthinkable.

It’s one thing to run 10-20 laps by yourself and then give some points. It’s entirely another to do 2 under safety car. Whoever came up with this doesn’t know how math works. 2 laps does not equal half distance.

I’ll leave with this tweet..

It would have been a great day for some wet grid girls to touch our hearts and souls.
It is troubling and a real tragedy to know that they aren't missed more.

It a like a sick old testament judgement and affliction that the people hath willingly accepted and placed upon themselves. A self castrated lot of eunuchs that has willingly embraced not having any T&A to enjoy. It would have been better if this generation of sick Ichabods had never been born.

It's an epic farce to call that an official race, awarding Max a win and awarding points. If they are unable to race Sunday, and unwilling to race Monday, then they should call it what it is... Race Cancelled.

I don't know if the problem stems from nefarious intent or delusional incompetence, but it's certainly one or the other.

It's an epic farce to call that an official race, awarding Max a win and awarding points. If they are unable to race Sunday, and unwilling to race Monday, then they should call it what it is... Race Cancelled.

I don't know if the problem stems from nefarious intent or delusional incompetence, but it's certainly one or the other.
They have just tortured every protocol and found themselves having to enforce the a ridiculous plan.
They probably having a driver's procedure for blowing their noses.

they could have run the race if...

they mandated the use of hard slicks,
this would have made high speeds unattainable,
huge braking zones, low corner speeds, poor accelleration,
i would bet the safety car would be faster than the f1 cars.
and it would have been very entertaining.

Just out of casual interest, why couldn't they have run this on Monday? Are there technical reasons or is it just 'We only run on Sunday and have no inclement weather plan." This makes NASCAR COTA or Indy Nashville look like managerial genius.

Did fans get refunds? It's easy for me to say this since I likely wouldn't have gone to an F1 event anyway, but there's no way I'd pay for one now, knowing I'd be screwed if it rained for a couple of hours.

Did fans get refunds? It's easy for me to say this since I likely wouldn't have gone to an F1 event anyway, but there's no way I'd pay for one now, knowing I'd be screwed if it rained for a couple of hours.
No decision on refunds has been made yet.
On the Spa GP website it says "No refunds or exchanges are available in respect of tickets unless the Event is cancelled." but F1 and track management are exploring whether a refund ios possible.
F1 to discuss Spa spectator refunds after monumental race flop | Wheels (news24.com)
Customer notice (spagrandprix.com)

Red Bull are looking to make an even bigger mockery of this event by asking the FIA to further gift them half a point for setting a fastest lap before Mazepin did.

Red Bull are looking to make an even bigger mockery of this event by asking the FIA to further gift them half a point for setting a fastest lap before Mazepin did.
The fact that there’s a fastest lap at all in which everyone only drove behind the safety car is another part of the rule book that makes no sense to me…

Back
Top Bottom