Big change in the Xfinity series

Me and @Simple Fan dont agree on much at all but I like his idea for cup drivers in the lower series. Allow them a few races a year in each season so that these guys can measure where they are. Maybe go a step further and change the races every year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Me and @Simple Fan dont agree on much at all but I like his idea for cup drivers in the lower series. Allow them a few races a year in each season so that these guys can measure where they are. Maybe go a step further and change the races every year.

That sounds good. 4 or 5 regular season races are open to cup drivers. Clean and simple.

10 open races would be better in my opinion. Would give 23 races for Xfinity regulars. Instead of all the Cup drivers scheduling their Xfinity dates around one another they'd have to race each other in the 10 invitational races.

10 open races would be better in my opinion. Would give 23 races for Xfinity regulars. Instead of all the Cup drivers scheduling their Xfinity dates around one another they'd have to race each other in the 10 invitational races.

I could live with that, since the final 10 are no Cup.

NASCAR doesn't assign drivers to cars. If anyone does, sponsors do.

I actually don't mind the idea. Not sure about how the sponsors would react.

Yesterdays race showed us that cup drivers are not required in Xfinity to put on a show.
I would suggest cup drivers should only participate in 5-8 companion races. I would also like to see less companion races.

Yesterdays race showed us that cup drivers are not required in Xfinity to put on a show.
I would suggest cup drivers should only participate in 5-8 companion races. I would also like to see less companion races.
5 races tops for Cuppers and i agree less companion races.

I have been watching Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity races since the first ones were broadcast, and used to be a regular attendee at IRP, and not one single time did I base my viewing or attending decision based on whether there were Cup drivers in the field. If I want to see Cup drivers, I'll watch a Cup race.

I have been watching Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity races since the first ones were broadcast, and used to be a regular attendee at IRP, and not one single time did I base my viewing or attending decision based on whether there were Cup drivers in the field. If I want to see Cup drivers, I'll watch a Cup race.

I don't mind Cup drivers running select races as it seems like some of the casuals like seeing them and other drivers do, but I agree.

I don't mind Cup drivers running select races as it seems like some of the casuals like seeing them and other drivers do, but I agree.

Drivers have ALWAYS said that they are fine with the Cup drivers in their races, but I'd like to see them answer that question on a polygraph. I think it's a no-win situation for them if they said they DIDN'T like it. First, it would look like they were afraid of the competition, and two, you run the risk angering the team owners who might hire you or already have, and you risk pissing off your current or future teammates. What possible good could come from it if say, Ryan Preece said that Kyle and Denny shouldn't be allowed in Xfinity races? Given the choice between racing with the Cup guys or having vastly greater odds of winning the trophy, I'd say they would choose the trophy every time.

Drivers have ALWAYS said that they are fine with the Cup drivers in their races, but I'd like to see them answer that question on a polygraph. I think it's a no-win situation for them if they said they DIDN'T like it. First, it would look like they were afraid of the competition, and two, you run the risk angering the team owners who might hire you or already have, and you risk pissing off your current or future teammates. What possible good could come from it if say, Ryan Preece said that Kyle and Denny shouldn't be allowed in Xfinity races? Given the choice between racing with the Cup guys or having vastly greater odds of winning the trophy, I'd say they would choose the trophy every time.
Good point, their hands are tied.

It's because they want more inexperienced driver to overdrive the corner and hopefully crash more.

It seems a lot of fans like it. I don't, but I doubt there is any going back. Until then, I'll only watch the no cupper xfin races.

Revenues will probably go way down, and many races may not be on a major cable network, ala how the Web.com Tour is to the PGA Tour.

I think it would be less of a problem if you had Kyle Busch in a non-Cup lite car and in actual equipment and motors that KBM (or whatever startup team building their own stuff), instead, these Cup drivers are in the top of the line equipment.

I personally like seeing Austin Dillon in the Kaulig Racing #10 car, but we'll see how much RCR affiliation there is.

I don't really see how this changes anything, but maybe I don't fully understand the importance of winning an owner's title :idunno:

For me this removes the owners championship excuse that JGR and Penske like to use to justify Cuppers in Xfinity. Nobody cared about the owners championship until they could use it as a crutch. Plus now hopefully FOX and NBC will stop talking about it also. Focus on the kids and the Xfinity regulars.

For me this removes the owners championship excuse that JGR and Penske like to use to justify Cuppers in Xfinity. Nobody cared about the owners championship until they could use it as a crutch. Plus now hopefully FOX and NBC will stop talking about it also. Focus on the kids and the Xfinity regulars.

small exclusive club that is racking in money that small teams would never see

I read an article (can't remeber where) about an interview with Roger and he said the sponsors are only willing to pony up the money if his cup drivers are the wheel men. I wonder if the same situation applies at JGR and RCR.

I read an article (can't remeber where) about an interview with Roger and he said the sponsors are only willing to pony up the money if his cup drivers are the wheel men. I wonder if the same situation applies at JGR and RCR.

Sponsors want to be in victory lane. That isn't going to happen often for a young driver racing these cup teams.

Seems to me that Roush started the cup lite trend. Wasn't he running 6 Xfinity cars at one point, all with support from his cup operations? Carl E was fulltime in both series when he won his Xfinity championship.

That might be true for the mega teams. But I wouldn't miss Penske cars who ran the Xfinity season with almost all cup drivers. They should have been sponsored by "we're only here for the money".

Back
Top Bottom