Big changes to 2021 Speedweeks

I'm all for compressing the schedule, but they're taking this Roval thing too far. The WORST natural terrain road course I have ever seen is better than the BEST Roval I have ever seen. The Rolex is a great race because of history and it's length, not because the venue is worth a damn.

Reactions: Pat
So pumped for the roval, but damn, a Tuesday? That's gonna make it tough to attend. I'll be there regardless but it's slightly inconvenient.

The Daytona Road Course for the Clash is a fun idea, hell since the Firecracker 400 is no longer on 4th of July I wouldn't mind them replacing the Charlotte Rival with the Daytona Roval

However the roval concept in general seems like a cheap way to add road courses instead of actual road courses

Montreal, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, COTA, Sebring, Mexico City, Portland they could use and instead they use a gimmicky track like the Charlotte Rival smh

I'm all for compressing the schedule, but they're taking this Roval thing too far. The WORST natural terrain road course I have ever seen is better than the BEST Roval I have ever seen. The Rolex is a great race because of history and it's length, not because the venue is worth a damn.
The Charlotte Roval has proved to be one of the most difficult tracks on the schedule.

Looks good to me. So will the 500 be a week earlier next year?

Probably still Presidents’ Day weekend, right? And then maybe it gets moved back again if they expand the NFL season by a week like they’re proposing.

So amped for the Roval. I've always wanted to see a NASCAR Cup race on it.
giphy.gif

At the risk of speculation I wonder if this race is a home run the skids would be greased to move the July 4th race back to Daytona but on the road course

At the risk of speculation I wonder if this race is a home run the skids would be greased to move the July 4th race back to Daytona but on the road course
Daytona's hosting a soccer tournament that weekend, and it sounds like a long term deal

I like the shortened week, I'm not sold on Daytonas roadcourse as being that great for racing. I do hope they don't add a chicane or anything off oval 4 and we get to see them try to break after nearly half a lap wide open into 1.

Agreed, keep the engines opened up and the spoilers short. Let ‘em fly around that place.

While they’re running 2020 cars they may as well welcome all comers.

The Clash on the road course will be roont by the sequentially shifted 6 speed transaxle.

Skill factor negated. Also center-lock wheels will enable teams to hire local currently unemployed / unemployable talent to go over the wall to change tarz, throwing a group of highly trained, higher class indiduals out of work.

Progress.

I like the shortened week, I'm not sold on Daytonas roadcourse as being that great for racing. I do hope they don't add a chicane or anything off oval 4 and we get to see them try to break after nearly half a lap wide open into 1.
Turn one will be where the action is no matter what they run. I think some of them will spend more time in the runoff area than in the groove. It could become the fastest way thru one.:D

The Clash on the road course will be roont by the sequentially shifted 6 speed transaxle.

Skill factor negated. Also center-lock wheels will enable teams to hire local currently unemployed / unemployable talent to go over the wall to change tarz, throwing a group of highly trained, higher class indiduals out of work.

Progress.

You'll have to wait on that, they are running the current car at Daytona

I wondered that as soon as I read the first post above. This is a test for changing the second race at Daytona, regardless of the date.

I wondered that as soon as I read the first post above. This is a test for changing the second race at Daytona, regardless of the date.
couldnt agree more. I also think regardless of its on the 4th again I would wager some good money the second date is going to be a roval. It will be interesting to see I will say that.

Not sure about Daytona but its dark here in February. Does the track lighting cover the road course? Will they replace the stickers with headlights?

Love me the rolex, start of the season for me. I was just unsure if the infield had lighting

The Daytona 500 will probably end up moving off President's Day again and to the final Sunday in February or first Sunday in March.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl ends up on President's Day Weekend in a few years. They're dying to extend their season and NASCAR is trying to condense their season.

In a sense. It's the second Sunday of the month, one week after the Super Bowl instead of two. BTW, the Super Bowl will be in Tampa.

This schedule has the dirt racing community scrambling as events in Florida are scheduled based off the Daytona 500 schedule. With there being only one week between the Super Bowl and the Daytona 500, races like the Winternationals for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at East Bay (outside of Tampa) will either have to be run the week of the Super Bowl where there are no rooms available already or go with a non-traditional date.

Back
Top Bottom