Bonehead move of the race: Kentucky

I have to nominate Kurt.

I just watched the race then.....geezuz.... really!

You know I try to like the guy and think... maybe its just wrong place wrong time each time there are f'ups... but there gets a time when thats not the excuse.... anyway... what do I know... our toilets flush backwards!

Kurt Busch probably would have taken the 2 out regardless... BUT if you watch, you'll see that Keselowski closes down on the 78 pretty hard out of the tri-oval.. He ran way lower than anyone else even under somebody at that point. KuBu still didn't seem to have a chance though... Way too early.

His brother pissed me off more though. You spin your tires then block the whole damn inside row? Screw you. BONEHEAD!

Not everyone. Other drivers were using the apron. Others used it with success. Kurt tried and screwed it up.
The nomination for Bonehead of the week Award is deserved.

I just watched the replay, Tony was back on the track well before the drain and Kubu drove right over it and into the 2. Tony smart Kubu dumbass move.

There you go. Like Jeff Gordon said, we all know you can't do that THERE. Nobody else tried to do what Kurt tried, and 3 fast cars paid the price.

How about the idiot, so-called "fans" pumping their fists as Kez got wrecked?

Maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they were cheering because their driver got through the crash.
But a lot of those guys who got through were back markers.
Just didn't seem right.

Using the apron there is not the smartest move at any time but that early in the race makes it my choice for BH of the race.

I figured Kurt Busch would win this one going away since he managed to take out about 5 cars.

Kurt Busch probably would have taken the 2 out regardless... BUT if you watch, you'll see that Keselowski closes down on the 78 pretty hard out of the tri-oval.. He ran way lower than anyone else even under somebody at that point. KuBu still didn't seem to have a chance though... Way too early.

His brother pissed me off more though. You spin your tires then block the whole damn inside row? Screw you. BONEHEAD!

Good eye, ya Brad saw Kurt dive onto apron and made a quick but bad decision to give him no track to slide up onto, This should have forced Kurt to lift and and slide in behind Brad. Kurt didn't lift , even a breath would have got him behind Brad. Brad had the opportunity though tough to make that decision that quick to go up into the proper corner entry lane and give Kurt the position and continue on. This is why I always say it's 50 % your fault for being on the track, never one mans fault alone.

Much like an earlier race when Kyle drove down way to fast and low in the corner and he slid up and with the air coming off his car spun Kasey Kahne out. The difference though is Kurt was coming up thru the field and Kez was wheel holding and riding around waiting for the caution. Kez has a spotter, should have told him Kurt was coming..probably did. Kez decides to go two wide when Kurt shows up...la da dee I'll block the low line, Kurt needs to be driving like me, not trying to race..WE don't race until the last few laps. Not good to block Kurt..it has never been a good idea to block Kurt. Never will be either. Bonehead or not. His brother is worse, ask Kasey.

There you go. Like Jeff Gordon said, we all know you can't do that THERE. Nobody else tried to do what Kurt tried, and 3 fast cars paid the price.

Jeff Gordon said: "They shouldn't even let us use that apron here. It's just so rough down there."

NBC Motorsports Talk interpreted that to mean the apron at Kentucky Speedway and I concur. The apron seems to be rough its entire length in the tri-oval and it was a poor judgement call by Kurt Busch. Others may have a differing opinion. No matter as Kurt Busch, despite the varying opinions on semantics, is deserving of the Kentucky Speedway Bonehead of the Race Award.

I have to nominate Kurt.

I just watched the race then.....geezuz.... really!

You know I try to like the guy and think... maybe its just wrong place wrong time each time there are f'ups... but there gets a time when thats not the excuse.... anyway... what do I know... our toilets flush backwards!
LMFAO Thats funny because about 20 minutes before he made that STUPID move I was just saying to my uncle that Im starting to like him. Then when he did that Im like yeeeah I lost a lil bit of that just now lol.

Jeff Gordon for throwing away a possible win and a chance to make history by losing a half-dozen positions on the final restart after restarting 3rd. :youliketh

Apparently you failed to notice that Kyle spun his wheels on the final restart. When Jeff let off to avoid wrecking him Joey was able to dive underneath. I realize that you are incredibly young and naive but I am not ready to give up on you just yet. :)

same ones were all love last week and the week before. They love the bull, but they can't handle the horns. He is doing what Tony only whines about..not taking blockers. . Tony should have spun Logano around like a top at California if he meant what he said , I believe Kurt would have. It takes two, Kez was blocking. Kurt has a car under him that can make the chase, it won't be pretty but I bet he gets there, multiple boneheads or not. Love to see a one car Chevy team take it all.

Kurt, No contest, a dumb move especially early in the race

Um, yeah...anytime you finish sixth and advance 3 positions in the standings it's no contest? A few more bonehead moves like that and he will top the points standings.:cheers:

Clearly, Jimmie Johnson wins the bonehead award this time.

JJ's choke job and then having a meltdown on the radio demanding NASCAR penalize Kenseth. Chad could share it with him for leaving him out on 100+ lap left side tires

OK, I watched a replay of the final restart and those who responded to me were right, Kyle didn't get going right in front of Jeff. Guess I missed that at first.

I am obviously a JJ fan but he botched it up. I am with him on thinking that Nascar sould ditch the leaderto the line first rule, but he just whined this time. Then took himself out and ruined Joey's shot for a win.

Kurt Busch nailing Kez wasnt really his fault. He didnt know the storm drain was there, and he couldnt control his car coming up onto thr field. If anyone is to blame for the 6 car wreck it is Kez for coming back onto the track.

IMO, the "leader to the line rule" on restarts is more trouble than it's worth.

When the green flag waves it should be time for EVERYONE to go racing.

Glad to hear I am not alone on this.

Part of me wants to agree with this but I think if the leader has a 5 second gap on the field and some car two laps down spins out.. The leader should get a small edge on the restart.

Part of me wants to agree with this but I think if the leader has a 5 second gap on the field and some car two laps down spins out.. The leader should get a small edge on the restart.

I agree sidewayz , welcome to the forum , by the way . Leader starts the race , that's the way it is .Games have always , will always be played , on every track , in every race . It's called racing folks. This is just silly talk .

Yeah, the flagman starts the race instead of the leader....that'll work out just fine.:eek:

I've said it before. Get rid of the restart rules and box, let the leader have half a car length advantage (paint big blue lines on the sides of the cars for JJ if you have to) with the second row staying even, and just drop the damn flag and forget the 'give it back' BS.

I've said it before. Get rid of the restart rules and box, let the leader have half a car length advantage (paint big blue lines on the sides of the cars for JJ if you have to) with the second row staying even, and just drop the damn flag and forget the 'give it back' BS.
And give the leader a voucher for 2 tacos and a burrito for lunch.

I am obviously a JJ fan but he botched it up. I am with him on thinking that Nascar sould ditch the leaderto the line first rule, but he just whined this time. Then took himself out and ruined Joey's shot for a win.

Kurt Busch nailing Kez wasnt really his fault. He didnt know the storm drain was there, and he couldnt control his car coming up onto thr field. If anyone is to blame for the 6 car wreck it is Kez for coming back onto the track.
I see no reason whatsoever that that makes sense... its not hard..the leader restarts the race.. don't beat the leader to the line..... if u beat them.. give it back.. just bc jimmie cant get a grip on that doesn't mean the rules need to change.

Also anyone who saw qualifying knew Jimmie got airborne when he went down there.. they all knew its not smart.. Kurt just made a bad decision. Just wish it would have been HIM that paid for it and not 2 Fords.

^^But what if the leader spins the tires? Then second place has to check up meaning both sides of the field stack up and potentially wreck, not just one.

And I dont blame Kurt at all...at other tracks this year many people went below the yellow line and it worked fine for them.

^^But what if the leader spins the tires? Then second place has to check up meaning both sides of the field stack up and potentially wreck, not just one.

And I dont blame Kurt at all...at other tracks this year many people went below the yellow line and it worked fine for them.
If they pass the leader they don't have to stomp on the brake, they have almost a full lap to give the position back depending on the track.

Okay but all the other tracks aren't Kentucky... Kentucky is not a track u can drive on the apron.. its simple and they all know it.... Kurt=Kentucky Bonehead

I can't agree with that. The leader is the one who should always restart the race. If not, you're gonna be 5 wide for the lead going into turn one and have a mess.

I can't agree with that. The leader is the one who should always restart the race. If not, you're gonna be 5 wide for the lead going into turn one and have a mess.
I agree. The leader's bumper should be the first one to cross the start line on restarts.

I know, but there have only been a couple races at Kentucky...a lot lf drivers didnt know that. I didnt know that.

And he may have a lap to give it back, but thats easier said then done. What if the driver pulls a Montoya and intrntionally doesnt give it back so the driver gets penalized. Also on some tracks, giving one spot can mean giving 5. And giving spots on Daytona or Dega? Fogetboutit...

Fact is.....Kurt was responsible for taking out 5 cars ....and...early in the race...stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom