Bonehead of the Week: Bristol

MRM

Team Owner
Haven't had too many boneheads in this early part of the season. But we have two good candidates from Bristol.

The first is Timmy Hill for not slowing down and ramming the back of Matt Kenseth's car as the caution came out.

The second is Danica Patrick. First, she turns Cole Whitt into the backstretch wall and keeps pushing him into turn 3. Second, she peels out of her pit stall and manages to hit the back of Clint Bowyer's car which is several stalls away. Even DW said "I can't explain that one".

Haven't had too many boneheads in this early part of the season. But we have two good candidates from Bristol.

The first is Timmy Hill for not slowing down and ramming the back of Matt Kenseth's car as the caution came out.

The second is Danica Patrick. First, she turns Cole Whitt into the backstretch wall and keeps pushing him into turn 3. Second, she peels out of her pit stall and manages to hit the back of Clint Bowyer's car which is several stalls away. Even DW said "I can't explain that one".
:confused: :XXROFL:

They only showed one quick replay of the Danica/Cole incident and you couldn't tell who caused it from that replay.

I'd go with Timmy Hill. He said he saw the spin, so there's no excuse for plowing the 20 car.

I'm torn between the flagman leaning against the over-ride switch
and
the poor crewman who was responsible for the battery in the 26.

I look at running into cars, either on the track or pit road, as part of the racing at Bristol.

Bonehead of the week goes to nascar for the fake caution at the end.

Is it in bad taste to put up a pic of Timmy from South Park? :D lol either that or the no caution caution .. maybe the guy is just psychic or someone spit on him lol

Cole Whitt wrecked himself.

The person responsible for installing the battery in the 26.

1. Harv or his spotter for not stopping when your on fire
2. Miss Patrick for not being able to leave with 4 fresh tires without hitting the car directly in front of her
3. The weather
4. the guy who leaned on the caution( although the actions had No Effect on The Outcome!!!!

Everyone criticizing Timmy Hill, including the media, needs to take a big step back. Brad Keselowski did the same thing later in the race when he plowed in to Jamie McMurray but he got a free pass. I think the excuse they had was that it was impossible for him to slow down because of the fluid on the track from Harvick's car. Jamie McMurray had no problem slowing down when the caution came out. Stuff like that happens, all the time.

As for a certain FOX Sports reporter's remarks about experience and Timmy Hill doesn't belong in Cup because he never won in Nationwide, I can say the exact same thing about Danica Patrick. In fact, Timmy Hill's average Nationwide finish, racing in a third-tier low budget racecar, is 25th. Danica Patrick's average Nationwide finish racing in top-tier Sprint Cup championship contending racecars is 21st. Cup isn't any better. Danica, in 50 career starts in Cup racing in a Hendrick car, has an average finish of 26.7. Timmy, in a third-tier "start and park" car, in 26 starts, 34.5.

although the actions had No Effect on The Outcome!!!!

If someone would've accidentally thrown a caution in the 1990 Daytona 500, we'd be calling Dale Earnhardt a two-time Daytona 500 champion. "The actions had no effect on the outcome" is pure bull****.

I figured the last caution was due to the impending rain, I think the order was pretty much set by then and ending the race under caution was the right thing to do. If the rain dumped during the last laps there would have been a huge wreck.

I figured the last caution was due to the impending rain, I think the order was pretty much set by then and ending the race under caution was the right thing to do. If the rain dumped during the last laps there would have been a huge wreck.

The rain didn't start until some four minutes after the caution. That race probably would've been over in less than 45 seconds had the caution not been triggered.

The rain didn't start until some four minutes after the caution. That race probably would've been over in less than 45 seconds had the caution not been triggered.
In hind sight they probably could have finished the race but they probably knew it was coming but didn't know exactly when it would hit - they might have known it was raining hard close by.

Driving into the garage area with flames billowing from the front of your car surely deserves an honorable mention.

that was insane. Kevin clearly gets the bonehead award for being so pissed he risked a huge disaster. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

If someone would've accidentally thrown a caution in the 1990 Daytona 500, we'd be calling Dale Earnhardt a two-time Daytona 500 champion. "The actions had no effect on the outcome" is pure bull****.

If it makes you feel better than go ahead and think that, I will bow to the almighty of racing forums, How dare anyone have an opinion that doesn't sit well with you. ;);)

Andy does have a point about Brad. It looked like he wrecked into McMurray on purpose (I'm not saying he did or believe he did, only that it was a weird wreck. As if he just wasn't paying attention.). It seemed as if he could've missed it. I don't know what happened but it looked funny in person.

Andy does have a point about Brad. It looked like he wrecked into McMurray on purpose (I'm not saying he did or believe he did, only that it was a weird wreck. As if he just wasn't paying attention.). It seemed as if he could've missed it. I don't know what happened but it looked funny in person.

I'm sure oil had a factor in that. It's not like Brad intentionally wrecked Jamie Mac just like Timmy didn't intentionally wreck Kenseth.

My point is that Timmy gets blackballed because he's not part of the media's elite list of drivers that can do no wrong.

Lmao. So the same couldn't happen on a short track? I'm sure it has. Everyone knows a race isn't over til you've reached the checkered flag.
I'll explain the difference between Daytona and Bristol for you.
At Daytona with 3 to go, the entire field is separated by half a second and the guy in 20th has a shot at the win.
At Bristol with 3 to go the entire field is separated by 15 seconds and the guy in 20th is two laps down.
NASCAR made the right call. The race would've finished under yellow for rain anyway.
(Or...the 99 may have been struck by a meteor, who knows...)

Back
Top Bottom