Bonehead of the Week: Bristol

Why is it, anytime something out of the ordinary happens, people start screaming conspiracy?

Maybe because some fans don't trust a sanctioning body that would reset the point standing just for dramatic affect.

Not saying they pushed the caution button on purpose, but considering how far they're willing to go to create a dramatic championship battle, is it really far fetched to think they would do something to create a dramatic race finish?

Maybe because some fans don't trust a sanctioning body that would reset the point standing just for dramatic affect.

Not saying they pushed the caution button on purpose, but considering how far they're willing to go to create a dramatic championship battle, is it really far fetched to think they would do something to create a dramatic race finish?
Is it really that far fetched that sometimes, **** happens? Sometimes, **** does actually happen, and you don't have to stretch any imagination for it to happen

Is it really that far fetched that sometimes, **** happens? Sometimes, **** does actually happen, and you don't have to stretch any imagination for it to happen

No, sometimes **** happens.

But you asked a question, and I answered it. Sorry you didn't like the answer.

Everyone criticizing Timmy Hill, including the media, needs to take a big step back. Brad Keselowski did the same thing later in the race when he plowed in to Jamie McMurray but he got a free pass. I think the excuse they had was that it was impossible for him to slow down because of the fluid on the track from Harvick's car. Jamie McMurray had no problem slowing down when the caution came out. Stuff like that happens, all the time.

As for a certain FOX Sports reporter's remarks about experience and Timmy Hill doesn't belong in Cup because he never won in Nationwide, I can say the exact same thing about Danica Patrick. In fact, Timmy Hill's average Nationwide finish, racing in a third-tier low budget racecar, is 25th. Danica Patrick's average Nationwide finish racing in top-tier Sprint Cup championship contending racecars is 21st. Cup isn't any better. Danica, in 50 career starts in Cup racing in a Hendrick car, has an average finish of 26.7. Timmy, in a third-tier "start and park" car, in 26 starts, 34.5.

You critisized him in the race thread, as did many others, and he deserved every bit of it.

The Keselowski crash was under much different circumstances and we all know it.

You critisized him in the race thread, as did many others, and he deserved every bit of it.

Andy does that. He will say "____ is a very nice person, I've met them, so stop bashing them." but then he turns around & hates on ESPN & FS1.
A critic who will criticize you for criticizing. Nice.

I didn't go as far as to say he shouldn't be racing. Things happen. I'm not going to crucify the boy for it. More importantly, it was a reporter from FOX Sports 1 who publicly stated that he shouldn't be in NASCAR because he hasn't won in Nationwide. That's not for FOX Sports to decide - especially when I can make the same exact argument about Danica.

Regardless at who was at fault between Danica and Cole Whitt, the incident where she drove into the back of Bowyer's car on pit road is beyond laughable. She was several stalls away and still headed straight for Bowyer's car with crew servicing his car.

Now this caution discussion is an odd duck. Edwards would've likely won the race but Nascar is being blamed for influencing the outcome of the race by throwing that caution. The rain then came and saved Edwards who would've been put into a potentially bad situation by said caution, hence giving Edwards what he likely would've had in the first place and thereby saving Nascar from an embarrassing situation.

I didn't go as far as to say he shouldn't be racing. Things happen. I'm not going to crucify the boy for it. More importantly, it was a reporter from FOX Sports 1 who publicly stated that he shouldn't be in NASCAR because he hasn't won in Nationwide. That's not for FOX Sports to decide - especially when I can make the same exact argument about Danica.

Just because some fool from FOX Sports 1 publicly stated Hill shouldn't be in Cup doesn't make it the opinion of FOX.

Sometimes people say foolish things, like when you went on a tangent calling people here idiots for just mentioning Danica outside of the sticky thread... and then you do the same thing. :)

You're correct, he shouldn't be run of out racing for a mistake but Nascar does need to take a serious look at the whole incident.

As for the Media, they feel it's their job to critisize mistakes and we, as fans, assume the right to do the same. IMO, it's as much a part of racing as accidents themselves. Timmy Hill needs to learn a lesson from it all and strive to be a better a driver.

You're correct, he shouldn't be run of out racing for a mistake but Nascar does need to take a serious look at the whole incident.

As for the Media, they feel it's their job to critisize mistakes and we, as fans, assume the right to do the same. IMO, it's as much a part of racing as accidents themselves. Timmy Hill needs to learn a lesson from it all and strive to be a better a driver.

Timmy has learned. He took responsibility for the incident. If the media's going to crucify him, they need to lob the exact same criticism at Danica Patrick just as publicly next time she causes a wreck which will probably be the very next race. But they won't.

Just because some fool from FOX Sports 1 publicly stated Hill shouldn't be in Cup doesn't make it the opinion of FOX.

Sometimes people say foolish things, like when you went on a tangent calling people here idiots for just mentioning Danica outside of the sticky thread... and then you do the same thing. :)

Get off my lawn.

I'll explain the difference between Daytona and Bristol for you.
At Daytona with 3 to go, the entire field is separated by half a second and the guy in 20th has a shot at the win.
At Bristol with 3 to go the entire field is separated by 15 seconds and the guy in 20th is two laps down.
NASCAR made the right call. The race would've finished under yellow for rain anyway.
(Or...the 99 may have been struck by a meteor, who knows...)
or a 777

NASCAR is one of the worst governing bodies I have ever seen in action...but there is no chance whatsoever what happened last night with the caution lights was done intentionally. None.

that was insane. Kevin clearly gets the bonehead award for being so pissed he risked a huge disaster. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I had switched channels for a few minutes and i missed it. Maybe there is a video on you tube.

The same place where you can find Joey Logano's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship trophies.

In your head?

Timmy Hill is a bone head to race right thru the yellow lights like he did. I watching him thinking his throttle was stuck. Really stupid.

Back
Top Bottom