Bonehead of the week: Indy

MRM

Team Owner
This week's bonehead has to be Kyle Busch. Pit stop penalties and nearly wrecking his car under caution when he got the left wheels in the grass.

So he's supposed to race playoff contenders differently from how he races other drivers? Does that apply to AJ only, or should all non-playoff contenders race playoff-eligible drivers differently?

Kerry’s kid. Why tf was he even in that position at that point of the race?

I nominate Alan Gustafson for pitting Elliott with ten laps to go. I can't imagine what they thought they were going to gain by doing that. New tires hadn't shown much all day, track position is king, and you had to know that before it was over they would be lucky if there were five more green flag laps. Took a fifth place car to 15th.

I nominate Alan Gustafson for pitting Elliott with ten laps to go. I can't imagine what they thought they were going to gain by doing that. New tires hadn't shown much all day, track position is king, and you had to know that before it was over they would be lucky if there were five more green flag laps. Took a fifth place car to 15th.
You could add Chad Johnston as well. Pitted Larson when he was running third. Made no sense.

That's not what I was asking. I asked what difference it makes that he wrecked a playoff contender as opposes to wrecking a car that didn't have playoff potential.

also the 42

Wrecking some other also-ran vs wrecking a championship contender.

:idunno: The answer seems obvious to me.

Wrecking some other also-ran vs wrecking a championship contender.

:idunno: The answer seems obvious to me.
Then make it obvious to me.

If NASCAR doesn't want the other cars influencing their playoffs, then playoff and contender cars should be the only ones out there.

If a team doesn't want to worry about an also-ran ruining its last-race playoff chances, then it should have performed better in the preceding 25 races.

Non-playoff drivers should race playoff drivers exactly the same way they race everyone else, not treat them as privileged. Those non-playoff teams are working to improve their final points positions too. Treating playoff drivers as if they were a separate elite, or even the expectation of such treatment by teams or fan, is one of the biggest flaws in an auto racing playoff system.

I am going with the wannabe killer bees,aka Matt's pit crew.
Man, I haven't thought of the Killer Bees in years! Thanks for the trip!

Killer Bees, Flying Aces, Rainbow Warriors; what NASCAR needs is to revive the cool pit crew nicknames. :D

Man, I haven't thought of the Killer Bees in years! Thanks for the trip!

Killer Bees, Flying Aces, Rainbow Warriors; what NASCAR needs is to revive the cool pit crew nicknames. :D
Anytime Charlie
Flying Aces? not recalling that one

Very good TRL. Obviously you would know the first one, bonus points for getting the second one. I don't think that moniker lasted very long.

The Flying Aces were Dale Earnhardt's pit crew.
Originally were called The Junk Yard Dogs.

Yes, Rusty's pit crew. :)
Thank you TRL, I really had no idea, I guess I wasnt a Sr fan , never paid that much attention , so, thanks for the history lesson. I started watching NASCAR in the early 90's and I was around the age of 11, so its very possible that I just missed it.

Thank you TRL, I really had no idea, I guess I wasnt a Sr fan , never paid that much attention , so, thanks for the history lesson. I started watching NASCAR in the early 90's and I was around the age of 11, so its very possible that I just missed it.
Not a problem. Happy to help.

The Flying Aces, back in the day they could whip out sub 16 second pit stops!
Remember Benny offering a cash bonus to the first team that did the first sub 15 second, then 14 second pit stops?

No need to discuss nascar rules. I said Dumdinger is a bonehead.

Was that obvious enough? :rolleyes:

I mean, it is called RACING for a reason. If he was a lapper, sure...but I mean just because someone is a playoff driver doesn't mean you should pull over. :XXROFL:it sucks that a wreck happened, but it's racing.

Plus 1. It's not like AJ did it on purpose. 2. Bowman still made the playoffs.

Don’t get how someone is a bonehead for racing? If you have to concede to the top 18 drivers wtf are the others even out there?

Didn’t get to watch the race but I’d give it to Denny for his dickhead comments.....”meaningless” drivers? What an ass....

Back
Top Bottom