Bowman to the 48.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

They shuffle numbers so much. Makes sense tho. Bowman has no sponsorship so put him in the sponsored car. Same went for Byron to the 24 for Axalta.

:laugh:
“We just got done with the ‘what’s it like to take over Dale Jr.’s race car’ question, so now we’re following it up with the Jimmie Johnson’s race car questions. To me, it’s really special, for sure,” Bowman told NASCAR.com. “Both of them have had so much to do with my career. Obviously, I wouldn’t be driving for Hendrick Motorsports at all without Dale’s help, and since then, Jimmie’s been a huge part of it.

No way they are getting rid of the #48. It has seven championships and 83 wins to it. You don't just drop those stats. The 88 I can see changing.

Sigh. I can't relate to Bowman. He seems so bland. I don't know who he is.
That is why I always laughed so hard when he got the nickname Bowman the Showman. Because he is just the opposite of a showman. Anyone that really knows Alex very well knows he has been pretty shy and very low keyed from the time he was a teenager racing dirt tracks on the Westcoast. That is just the way he is. He was always very polite but took his racing very serious. When other kids were doing kids stuff he was asking questions and trying to figure his race car out. He always has been, and probably always will be more like a Chase Elliott then a Kyle Busch in the personality dept. But one of the nice things about racing is that there are so many different personalities, and fans can choose the ones they like and want to root for. Having worked around Alex for a few years and knowing how good an individual he is makes it almost impossible for me not to root for him. I think Rick and Ally see the same thing in Alex now that I got to see years ago... and I bet that is a major reason why they chose him.

Congrats to Bowman. I like the guy, and want him to succeed. His personality is definitely a bit hidden, but he’s sort of a duck....smooth on the surface but paddling like hell underneath.

I certainly hope they keep the 88. Lots of history with that number, and it’s among my favorites since piloted by Dale Jarrett and Jr. Not sure yet about Larson in that number. I was never a fan of him but know he’s a really good driver. If he gets the 88 may reconsider as he deserves another chance.

Byron is a nice enough guy but strikes me as very blah. Chase, however, is the modern version of his Dad’s style...good ole southern boy having fun while being a smooth and talented driver.

if this is the Hendrick stable it’s a good one.

I was thinking that Alex is the demographic that Ally seeks to sell vehicle loans to.

cha ching
It figures while I'm in another thread trying to be helpful to you by answering a question you were asking, you are here cha chinging. :D

Still possible. Remember someone has to still be the 4th driver of HMS. The 88 could be renumbered.
So true, but I would have thought they would have renumbered the 88 right after Jr retired if they were going to do it. I guess we will know soon.

Congrats to Bowman.

Those writing that Larson was in the 48 were wrong. The 88 becoming the 25, the 5, or whatever numbe and driving with Hendrickcars.com all year as the main sponsor seems the path moving forward if Larson ends up there. I can't see a lot of sponsors jumping at that ride to hitch their brand to if he ends up there.

I’m anxiously hoping a number 5 HMS entry driven by Erik Jones is in next year’s field. I’ll be happy with Larson too if Larson is indeed signed.

Congrats to Bowman.

Those writing that Larson was in the 48 were wrong. The 88 becoming the 25, the 5, or whatever numbe and driving with Hendrickcars.com all year as the main sponsor seems the path moving forward if Larson ends up there. I can't see a lot of sponsors jumping at that ride to hitch their brand to if he ends up there.
Rick is a pretty good business man so if he does bring Larson to the 88 I have to believe he has to have some pretty concrete sponsorship lined up or has something under his sleeve. I don't really see any other reason to do it unless Larson himself has found something. I also can't see Rick bringing him there without Chevy's support. But like everything else it will eventually become clearer to all of us.

Reactions: Pat
Hendrick needs Larson. Other than Chase his driver announcements haven't set the world on fire.
Yep. Hendrick has been trying to get Larson for like 5 years now but he's been loyal to Ganassi. This is the perfect time.

Hmmmm. I am a little confused. He is going from a car that is currently 6th in the standings to one that is 17th.
Ok, congratulations......I guess. Hope it works out for him.

That social media game is strong

they kind of messed up the first tweet sadly. If you look at the time each was posted starting from the first one, it was every hour, and on the 48 min mark (tho the first was at 49 mins) that's impresseive.

Back
Top Bottom