Bowyer / Newman

Now that's one I never heard about.
I wish I could remember the details. They had some sort of altercation on the track which got heated enough to warrant a call to the trailer. There was video of Juan leaving the trailer covering part of his face. Neither driver came out and confirmed it but it wasn't hard to read between the lines. Ryan got a big smirk on his face when asked about it but changed the subject. Juan was less gleeful when they asked him.

I don't pay much attention to what Boyer says. Week before last he was crying about blocking by the Jones boy. This week he chop blocks Newman who was down on the line, makes up some story about Newman being a lap down like that means something, and then makes a fool out of himself trying to play tough guy with his helmet on.

Bowyer's rage while wearing a helmet had the same feel of Allmendinger missing that shift at Sonoma -- Final Straw kinda feeling.

Stewart knows it's a character issue, but was very measured while being stern in response.

Doubtful it is forgotten or forgiven -- just a bigger powder keg for future fireworks.

Track rage and personal history makes NASCAR very entertaining...

They were taking pictures with fans and smiling and holding up thier fists. Its an all out war I tell ya
And the video that Race Hub showed when Clint arrived to the table said they havent gotten over it yet, neither one acknowledge the one other personally , neither even looked at each, it was very telling. taking pictures with fans is them being professional and putting their feud on hold while the do their appearance;)

And the video that Race Hub showed when Clint arrived to the table said they havent gotten over it yet, neither one acknowledge the one other personally , neither even looked at each, it was very telling. taking pictures with fans is them being professional and putting their feud on hold while the do their appearance;)
Could be, but continuing it on the track isnt gonna help. Maybe Ryan can catch him with his helmet off after the 600. ;)

Boyer looked like a punk. Run up take cheap shots, then run away as fast as possible. All the while wearing a helment. I guess that's how they do it where he "comes from". Woody Harrelson in a stock car. Dont know why, but thats who he reminds me of. Woody Boyer.
Hey. His teammate, Kevin Harvick is notorious for starting sheet with other drivers without removing his helmet.

Hey. His teammate, Kevin Harvick is notorious for starting sheet with other drivers without removing his helmet.
And team owner isn’t much better. Only time Smoke or Harv get tough is when their team is there to “hold them back”.....the fear in Smoke’s eyes when he pushed Robbie Gordon in the Daytona pits as he is as about to get his ass handed to him is telling. Long time ago but Smoke showed us what he was all about then....

Could be, but continuing it on the track isnt gonna help. Maybe Ryan can catch him with his helmet off after the 600. ;)
Oh I agree , and I am sure NASCAR reminded them about that too, I would be surprised if we see anything else happen between them moving forward.

Correcting my earlier reply, Racehub left out some info ( shocked I tell ya)

All this Bowyer hate??? Why? So he left his helmet on. Big deal.
Newman is not a threat. On the track or off. He likes to think he intimidates people by his size. That's hilarious!
Newman's claim to fame is that he's "hard to pass". To me, that says that he is "in the way"!
I think Clint may have finally shown Newman that not everyone believes his little macho fantasy. Bowyer taking a seat by Newman and disregarding the other table was a strong move! #alphadog #teambowyer

“These kids leave their helmets on to fight. Men take their helmets off and they fight. If you’re gonna fight, fight.”

- Tony Stewart doesn't believe Bowyer is a man.

===

Clint kept his helmet on during his cheap shot and when Newman got out of the car -- that makes him a true believer in the "macho fantasy".

===

Newman beckoned Bowyer over with a slap -- Bowyer obeyed like a B.

A) Stewart is just a mouthier version of Newman. All bark/No bite!
B ) Leaving his helmet on does not make him a believer, it makes him smart.
C) Bowyer was nearly to the table before Newman even acknowledged that he was coming.

I'm not even sure if Newman could even whip Logano.
It was about time that someone showed Newman that they weren't worried about him in any way, shape or form.
#alphadog #teambowyer

Last edited:
A. Tony was correct.
B. Bowyer keeping his helmet on makes him a practicing believer.
C. Bowyer was nowhere near Newman's table when he was beckoned over.

A) Ok
B ) Whatever
C) Watch again

#alphadog #teambowyer #aintskeerd

maybe.......
Bowyer had a bad case of helmet hair
closest car was Newman
Bowyer wanted Newman's Bass Pro hat, looked like he was punching but actually Ryan was playing keep away
when Newman came over to Bowyer's car,
Ryan said hey Clint look at me I have helmet hair too
come'on take the helmet off how bad can it be
I swear I won't laugh

Au contraire. Bowyer was almost there with his hero cards and chair when Newman slapped the table. Watch the video again.

Factually incorrect. It's the difference between being arms length and not. Bowyer wasn't rushing in with helmet on, he was slow walking behind a woman when Newman gave the signal.

Au contraire. Bowyer was almost there with his hero cards and chair when Newman slapped the table. Watch the video again.

Correct, obviously.

I don't know if this cell phone video from an autograph event at a Bass Pro Shops has what it takes to become the new Zapruder film, but if you watch and listen closely, you'll notice that there is a second table slapper, over by the aquarium.

It seemed Boyer was a bit slap happy. He would have been more effective if he would have stepped back and threw an actual punch. Gees, I hope he doesn't swagger around thinking he has done something. I don't think Newman is going to Kenseth him though.

I really like Bowyer, but wailing on Newman while he was in his car then running from him once he was out of it made him look like a giant puss. Goodbye Itchgate, hello Bitchgate.
The Clint Bowyer fan has said it best.

Back
Top Bottom