Bowyer / Newman

Correct, obviously.

I don't know if this cell phone video from an autograph event at a Bass Pro Shops has what it takes to become the new Zapruder film, but if you watch and listen closely, you'll notice that there is a second table slapper, over by the aquarium.

Not in this scenario. Clint looked like a child carrying his junk as he kept the lady (like the NASCAR Official) between him and Newman.

Bowyer was nowhere near Newman's range when Ryan slapped the table. Bowyer was steps out of reach and an obstacle (lady) away.

Nobody but Newman knew if this would escalate -- that's why Newman's gesture was a welcomed relief for the audience.

As for Bowyer -- we've already seen what he did when Newman confronted him out of the car, Clint maintained a safe distance and kept the NASCAR Official between himself and a circling Ryan.

In my view, you're reading a lot into a situation once you've made up your mind about the individuals involved.

They both said they talked beforehand and "cleared the air". Bowyer wasn't planning to roll his chair right past Newman and out the door if he didn't receive some welcome A-OK gesture from Newman. To suggest that Ryan Newman is unprofessional and idiotic enough to even think about turning a fan autograph signing event with children present into some WWE fantasy is a bigger insult to him than anything being said about Bowyer. There was zero threat.

Even most of those who like Bowyer have stated that his post-race actions reflect poorly on him. It's essentially impossible to defend how he did it with a straight face, though Brett Griffin tried. The rest of this is armchair psychobabble silliness. None of these guys are puglilists looking to throw down.

Last edited:
In my view, you're reading a lot into a situation once you've made up your mind about the individuals involved.

They both said they talked beforehand and "cleared the air". Bowyer wasn't planning to roll his chair right past Newman and out the door if he didn't receive some welcome A-OK gesture from Newman. To suggest that Ryan Newman is unprofessional and idiotic enough to even think about turning a fan autograph signing event with children present into some WWE fantasy is a bigger insult to him than anything being said about Bowyer.

Even most of those who like Bowyer have stated that his post-race actions reflect poorly on him. It's essentially impossible to defend how he did it with a straight face, though Brett Griffin tried. The rest of this is armchair psychobabble silliness. None of these guys are puglilists looking to throw down.

You're welcome.

(Mods -- How did I do?) :)

At least Bowyer got some shots in, is all I can say, too much team break up crap between drivers these days.

Back
Top Bottom