Brad Kesekowski on the Gen 6

Is this just Brad venting post race or does he have a legitimate gripe?

Nascar took 7 years to develop the CoT and it was a complete dog on arrival and then followed it up with something worse. If I was speaking with Brad I would tell him to be careful what he wished for because Nascar could make the next car worse than this one. There is nothing wrong with wanting to build a safe car but when that is all you care about you will end up with turds like this and the previous generation. Build a suitable car for racing and add as many safety features to it as possible instead of building the safest car possible that races terribly.

He only said what they've all thought at one point or another. Good on him.

I'd like to see him say that in Victory Lane, but it was occupied.

He was pretty happy when he was all skewed up. The elephant in the room is Penske performance post the 22 encumbered win.

Well, from Steve O'Donnell this week the Gen-6 is on its way out soon and the new car sounds to be pretty different from what we've had these past five years. NASCAR knows they've made some mistakes. And a willingness to put a new car out there after 7-9 years is pretty telling.

K2LbggT.png

The 1980 Charlotte 600 example was in response to a guy who asked if it were possible to have a car that's both hard to drive and allows a driver to race hard.

K2LbggT.png

The 1980 Charlotte 600 example was in response to a guy who asked if it were possible to have a car that's both hard to drive and allows a driver to race hard.
Brad wasn't even born in 1980

It's the cars fault?

''Tis a poor workman who blames his tools...."

Some feel sorry for the poor misunderstood winner of the lower series, others identify with him. There are plenty of Kyle's out there. Unlike a Kyle rant where it is all about him Kez's rant seems to have quite a following. We have been complaining about the too low splitter, side skirts, cars and trucks for years.

Damn, what a shame.

His initial takedown was a thing of beauty. Good Old Brian came-a-knockin' looks like.
That's what i was thinking, Brad got spanked by Nascar and told to sit in the corner. This sport gets worse every day....uggh.

NASCAR shouldn't be designing the cars. The teams should be designing their own cars. NASCAR's role is to create rules to reign the teams into reason. Part of the sport used to be about mechanical creativity but since NASCAR took most of that away the sport has spiraled downhill.

Disagree entirely with him. These cars are terrific, Penske has been absolute dog **** lately though and that's on them. Kyle Larson passed like 60 cars last night and we've had two winners come from last this year.

Suck it up 2 and figure your **** out

I don't think the cars are terrific, but they aren't bad. Goodyear isn't getting any heat for bringing a tire that was crap to the race and they should be getting a large portion of the blame. Truex proved it with 50 lap tires. It was racing with hockey pucks out there

3rd place car is two laps down and there are 120,000 paying customers in the stands.
Nascar in its wisdom today would have thrown 5 cautions to get everyone back on the lead lap for a restart.
120,000? Kentucky Speedway only has a seating capacity of 87,000, and that place was nowhere near full.

120,000? Kentucky Speedway only has a seating capacity of 87,000, and that place was nowhere near full.

oh man don't blow the fantasy trip down memory lane. That was a great battle no doubt. Those always get saved for the highlight reel. But they didn't save all of the dogs and there were a fair share of those. We have had one race that wasn't that great, and you would think the world fell in. o_O

oh man don't blow the fantasy trip down memory lane. That was a great battle no doubt. Those always get saved for the highlight reel. But they didn't save all of the dogs and there were a fair share of those. We have had one race that wasn't that great, and you would think the world fell in. o_O

There have been some good races but more than one bad one just one not as bad as this.

I don't think the cars are terrific, but they aren't bad. Goodyear isn't getting any heat for bringing a tire that was crap to the race and they should be getting a large portion of the blame. Truex proved it with 50 lap tires. It was racing with hockey pucks out there
My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom