Brett Griffin: Garage talk is that AllStar package being used at all tracks next season

I don't have a clue what "we" are going to get, but like I said, it is all over but the crying for some already.

again? :XXROFL:here ya go cut and paste.
Tapered Spacers
The big impetus for engine rule changes is NASCAR’s desire to lower speeds (which, it is theorized, will improve racing by lessening the effect of aerodynamics making it hard to pass when cars get close to each other).

There are lots of ways to decrease engine horsepower, but remember that teams have put untold amounts of money into designing and refining the current engines. Designing entirely new engines is a major undertaking, and a risk to mandate without pretty high confidence that lower horsepower will indeed help the quality of racing.

For 2015 NASCAR has gone with the simplest solution: a 1.170 tapered spacer that they expect will reduce power by about 125 hp.
Go with a simpler more stock, cheaper, and readily available engine with less horsepower.

:XXROFL:bud what you say or don't say doesn't bother me, it will be a fail for you and a few others whatever happens if you haven't figured that out by now. The rest of us will probably enjoy it. It looks interesting, hope it works well.
Makes zero sense to choke down a high tech engine when there are cheaper and available engines as an alternative.

Steve O'Donnell in 2015, selling the low downforce package:
"Ultimately what do we think is going to put on the best race, and what we kept coming back to was looking at the low downforce package."

"You see that those teams are closer than ever, but we certainly want to see more lead changes on the race track."

The success of the races at Kentucky and Darlington in similar trim proved extremely valuable in accelerating rules development for 2016. Now, as teams have even more time to prepare and a strong baseline of data, we anticipate the racing to be even better.”

Steve O'Donnell in 2017, selling further low downforce initiatives:
"We’re going the low downforce route in 2017 to really allow Goodyear to dial-in the tire, hopefully see some more wear during runs"

"With lower downforce the cars should be more difficult to handle, thus putting more control in the drivers' hands."

Steve O'Donnell in 2018, selling a complete reversal higher downforce package:
“We think that’ll put it more in the drivers’ hands, especially as we go to some of the intermediate tracks, and are excited to see how that plays out.”

"the low-downforce package is a number of increased entry speeds at times, which makes it more difficult probably to produce a tire that has great wear that the drivers always ask for."

How could anyone doubt his expertise?

How could anyone ever take this guy seriously. He’s a puppet. Probably getting ready to fire off some tweets at dissenting fans.

Unbelievable and very disappointing. They are trying too hard for instantaneous success and it is just unattainable. Unfortunately, this all comes at our expense.

I doubt yours, the sources are supposed to be posted.

:XXROFL:bud what you say or don't say doesn't bother me, it will be a fail for you and a few others whatever happens if you haven't figured that out by now. The rest of us will probably enjoy it. It looks interesting, hope it works well.

The only way it's a 'fail' for me is if the racing is fantastic and looks relatively the same, in which case, it would be a win-obviously.

I've said it since day one: I hope I'm wrong but common sense and NASCAR's track record tells me otherwise.

On the plus side, that 8" tall billboard on the rear of the car could provide great visibility for new sponsors or more emojis.

Finally, a place for the teams & sponsors to put the poop emoji. Calling it now, the poop emoji will save NASCAR.

The only way it's a 'fail' for me is if the racing is fantastic and looks relatively the same, in which case, it would be a win-obviously.

I've said it since day one: I hope I'm wrong but common sense and NASCAR's track record tells me otherwise.
none of you comments have said that, but I am not surprised, there will be a bunch of CYA's if it does produce better racing and I was a supporter from the start stuff going on. I don't care, I have watched it happen. Jumping the hysterical shark is the norm around here.

nope not that, the rules say ya post the sources of the quotes, you should know that.

Ok. I misread what you were "doubting". Yeah, if you're going to go into that territory, I don't think highly of the expertise of people who state that sprint car racing features a lot of pack racing but the reduced power / higher downforce Xfinity package you prefer is superior but definitely not pack racing.

I do consider you a genuine racing fan and informational asset to this forum. O'Donnell is an absolute boob, I see no reason to get defensive on his behalf just because you happen to agree with his schtick at the moment. You must think he was talking nonsense in the 2015 and 2017 examples I cited.

Ok. I misread what you were "doubting". Yeah, if you're going to go into that territory, I don't think highly of the expertise of people who state that sprint car racing features a lot of pack racing but the reduced power / higher downforce Xfinity package you prefer is superior but definitely not pack racing.

I do consider you a genuine racing fan and informational asset to this forum. O'Donnell is an absolute boob, I see no reason to get defensive on his behalf just because you happen to agree with his schtick at the moment. You must think he was talking nonsense in the 2015 and 2017 examples I cited.
So are you man, been fun with the discuss and cuss. I read the articles of O'Donnell that you posted. And I have said, they tried the high D/F and the low D/F and now they are trying something else trying to produce better passing and more side by side racing their goal from the jump. I thought all changes when they came out high D/F and low D/F were positive (got to try something) from a standpoint of what they were trying to accomplish, some really like this last package it was better than the high D/F IMO. But yeah this newer package could be better. I am all for a reset to see what this does. It is a learning process the way I look at it and worth a try. The more they learn in real race conditions the better as far as I am concerned.

And quiet as it have been kept, Brent Griffin the original rumor spreader was and is full of ****.

What he was breaking two weeks ago just came true. What?
The first clue is that it isn't the All star package, and the second is that this new version will not be used at ALL of the tracks next year. I do know some don't know the difference between the two and probably never will. It is what it is around here.

The first clue is that it isn't the All star package, and the second is that this new version will not be used at ALL of the tracks next year. I do know some don't know the difference between the two and probably never will. It is what it is around here.
Screenshot_20181002-134339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Basically the all star package and an attempt at a bit more off-throttle time.

Translation, that means more speed..harder to drive. Off throttle time means more speed and having to lift longer in the corners.

Yes I'm aware of what off-throttle time entails. The cars today need more of it. The cars of next year need ALOT more of it.

Back
Top Bottom