Brian France Suing @DrunkBrianF

How many people do you really think have seen Breaking Bad? I can't think of a person I know well that ever watched it. Just like Twitter, there is a perception that these things are WAY more mainstream than they actually are. There was a big thing recently where some major political analysts had to rethink the weight they gave to social media as far gauging public opinion. What they found out after close analysis is the the vast majority of the content is created by VERY FEW, and the number of actual participants was shockingly small.
Breaking Bad was a pretty big hit when it was originally airing. Over 10 million people watched the finale, and many more discovered the show after its original run through streaming services and the seemingly endless Breaking Bad marathons that AMC runs.

As for the other AMC megahit, The Walking Dead, I watched one episode and just couldn’t get into it. I’d be pretty lost if anybody here threw out any references to it.

Breaking Bad was a pretty big hit when it was originally airing. Over 10 million people watched the finale, and many more discovered the show after its original run through streaming services and the seemingly endless Breaking Bad marathons that AMC runs.

As for the other AMC megahit, The Walking Dead, I watched one episode and just couldn’t get into it. I’d be pretty lost if anybody here threw out any references to it.

But understand what constitutes a major hit in today's world wouldn't have kept you on on air TV for three weeks back in the day.

Yep, by contrast, over 100 million people saw the final episode of MASH, and that was a LIVE audience. Very few VCR,s no DVR's no streaming, no on- demand, nothing.
100 million is pretty crazy for a scripted series, that’s Super Bowl level numbers.

I actually remember my parents watching the MASH finale. I was only 7 when it aired so I wasn’t that into it at the time, but came to enjoy the show quite a bit when I got a little older. Still watch the reruns on WGN from time to time.

The complaint accuses the person of falsely impersonating France and causing damage to him.

Brian has done more damage to himself than anyone with anyone with a Twitter account has done.

Are we now gonna have a Bonehead of the year award? Wow, just when you think you've seen everything!

The fact that people confuse the parody account for the real Brian France show that Brian France is a real piece of work already. This just adds to his saga.

I miss Paul Menard. His face meme would fit this story perfectly.
p5FqtFm.jpg

How many people do you really think have seen Breaking Bad? I can't think of a person I know well that ever watched it. Just like Twitter, there is a perception that these things are WAY more mainstream than they actually are. There was a big thing recently where some major political analysts had to rethink the weight they gave to social media as far gauging public opinion. What they found out after close analysis is the the vast majority of the content is created by VERY FEW, and the number of actual participants was shockingly small.
My two cents since I have a fresh outlook...I just binged the show. Never watched it when it was on. Took me 2 months after my wife convinced me to watch (it’s her favorite show). I was blown away each episode and the last 3 episodes of the entire series are some of the best TV I have ever watched. The show is a cultural and pop hit, I think you might be wrong on this one IMO. Just started the prequel Better Call Saul and I find it equally as good so far.

My two cents since I have a fresh outlook...I just binged the show. Never watched it when it was on. Took me 2 months after my wife convinced me to watch (it’s her favorite show). I was blown away each episode and the last 3 episodes of the entire series are some of the best TV I have ever watched. The show is a cultural and pop hit, I think you might be wrong on this one IMO. Just started the prequel Better Call Saul and I find it equally as good so far.
I'm not debating the quality; I have no experience with it. My post that started this was that I had no clue what was being referenced. It was partially a back-handed way of saying not all pop culture references have wide spread recognition. Not everyone pays for HBO; right now it has only 54 million subscribers, although I'm sure that's down from when this show was originally broadcast.

I'm not debating the quality; I have no experience with it. My post that started this was that I had no clue what was being referenced. It was partially a back-handed way of saying not all pop culture references have wide spread recognition. Not everyone pays for HBO; right now it has only 54 million subscribers, although I'm sure that's down from when this show was originally broadcast.
It was on AMC which I think is on pretty much every cable or dish package. Listen Charlie do yourself a favor....watch when you have time. You won’t regret it.

Brian is a legend. He's well established his drunkenness in real life and now wants to crash the online party. Such a pioneer. I look forward to the future docu-drama.

Side note, quickly consulted my legal team this morning, small vulnerability of PETA coming after me for false impersonation and defamation turtle jokes, they said minimal risk, but still. I even asked for @NASCAR Apologist in case SteveOD tried to make a power move, they said "we like what we see" limited evidence and not much to go on, so that's good.

Other people do it. ;) why can’t he?
Because the 'fake' name he was using was someone else's real name, a name connected to the sport he was commenting on.

I personally don't think there was any way to confuse the two, but I'm neither a lawyer not a Twitter user.

I agree, great show. For some odd reason I could never get into Better Call Saul when it first came out so quit watching it after a couple of episodes. But now since there are several seasons of it maybe ought to revisit and give it another try. Another good show is Ozark btw if you haven't heard of it look into that one.

Because the 'fake' name he was using was someone else's real name, a name connected to the sport he was commenting on.

I personally don't think there was any way to confuse the two, but I'm neither a lawyer not a Twitter user.
Some people get blueberries and blackberries mixed up, so that should tell you everything

We can tell you’re not a lawyer because you don’t understand parody and fair use.

DBF had instances of rumor spreading that could potentially be ruled as libel. That’s not what we are here for though.

For what he was accused of by Brian France was 100% parody under the fair use doctrine and has been forced to shut down by a drug addicted billionaire.

Agree with his style of comedy or not, he’s been unjustifiably cancelled.

We can tell you’re not a lawyer because you don’t understand parody and fair use.

DBF had instances of rumor spreading that could potentially be ruled as libel. That’s not what we are here for though.

For what he was accused of by Brian France was 100% parody under the fair use doctrine and has been forced to shut down by a drug addicted billionaire.

Agree with his style of comedy or not, he’s been unjustifiably cancelled.
Apparently his lawyers felt otherwise.

More people won't know about Brian after trending on twitter yesterday. Legendary strategist.

Back
Top Bottom