Bristol Dirt Race

Was there for Larson’s performance at Eldora, jaw hit the floor. Blew a tire, went to the tail end of the lead lap, and still came back to win.

If I were holding the race...

Double file restart only on the Green flag (caution fests ruin dirt racing bad)

250 laps (80-80-90)

Qualifying (Heats are dumb bc so many make the feature)

Qualifying (Heats are dumb bc so many make the feature)
Heats are dumb because they require interruptions between the racing, almost like extended stage breaks. Any planned interruptions mean less racing will fit in the network's window. Anything that results in less racing (and more between-heat jaw-jacking) is dumb.

This Jenna Fryer article with direct quotes from Tony Stewart spells it out more clearly: Smoke was upset about being "mule-kicked in the gut" by the Bristol dirt news, had been counting on Eldora being first in line for future Cup / Xfinity dirt dates, and ended the Eldora Truck race in response.

This Jenna Fryer article with direct quotes from Tony Stewart spells it out more clearly: Smoke was upset about being "mule-kicked in the gut" by the Bristol dirt news, had been counting on Eldora being first in line for future Cup / Xfinity dirt dates, and ended the Eldora Truck race in response.

A good article. Although the truth is always somewhere in the middle on these sorts of things, I can understand why Smoke feels how he does. One thing is for sure, he will be a busy man this year.

A good article. Although the truth is always somewhere in the middle on these sorts of things, I can understand why Smoke feels how he does. One thing is for sure, he will be a busy man this year.
after listening to Tony rake her over the coals a few times over the years, I don't think there is any love lost between the two.

after listening to Tony rake her over the coals a few times over the years, I don't think there is any love lost between the two.
She blocked me after I said something about her boobs looking good one time. Never understand women with biguns showing cleavage then getting upset because a man notices. MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! I saw SERIOUSLY nice boobs.

Competition is good. It’ll eventually create a better product. If Tony is mad, come up with something more exciting.

She blocked me after I said something about her boobs looking good one time. Never understand women with biguns showing cleavage then getting upset because a man notices. MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! I saw SERIOUSLY nice boobs.
Probably because you were a creepy internet guy.

Feel the love :sarcasm:

1611079469533.png

Well, Tony granted Jenna an exclusive interview to vent, so they must run hot and cold. Kinda like how Smoke does with just about everyone.
She’s gotta be careful. Tony has a reputation of giving into physical violence with his dissenters.

Jenna is the person that people turn to with dirt they want out there. Remember, she was the one that first reported that DW was retiring from Fox. There was a big deal about that because DW was only going to do the Daytona 500 and he stayed on. Someone at Fox wanted it to be clear DW was done, so they gave it to her. I mentioned this on Twitter (with her included) and she didn't deny it. She actually retweeted what I said.

Jenna is the person that people turn to with dirt they want out there. Remember, she was the one that first reported that DW was retiring from Fox. There was a big deal about that because DW was only going to do the Daytona 500 and he stayed on. Someone at Fox wanted it to be clear DW was done, so they gave it to her. I mentioned this on Twitter (with her included) and she didn't deny it. She actually retweeted what I said.
I found it interesting that she kept saying that Tony reported it to AP and her reporting was in second person. There wasn't any Tony said to me's in there. I won't be surprised if Tony has something to say about that all. I heard him talk about Eldora on a podcast and he said without any anger that he had pulled the truck race because he had so much going on..Could be different day, different Tony though.

@ 34:48 Tony talks about how uptight Nascar got about SRX
@ 37:00 he talks about removing the Eldora truck race

I am going by the obvious. They aren't going to go with low clearance and aero. The tire whatever it is is going to be a soft one so there are either going to be a lot of pitting under green or a lot of breaks for tire changes. Who knows they might run heats and features the same as they did with the trucks at Eldora.
So a whole different car? Or use a cup car with no ground effects and dirt tires? Wonder if they will have to go through the room of doom or if that will even be worried about?

I get what you are saying but not being someone she knows I can't see actually making the remark would be a good idea. But yeah, if they are put out there to be looked at, they are gonna get looked at.

I get what you are saying but not being someone she knows I can't see actually making the remark would be a good idea. But yeah, if they are put out there to be looked at, they are gonna get looked at.
Don't remember exactly what went down. I wrongly assumed, in her male dominated environment, she had developed thicker skin. My bad. But no great loss either. Guess she'd probably heard that crap ENOUGH!!! Meh. Whoops. My bad. Being a crass dumbarse has been easy for me. Probably why I'm COMPLETELY single. Now back to your regularly scheduled...whatever....

So a whole different car? Or use a cup car with no ground effects and dirt tires? Wonder if they will have to go through the room of doom or if that will even be worried about?
What changes did they do to the trucks? I'd expect similar. No way they building a special car. Enough of that for the plate races. Remove/raise the splitter and mod the track bar mount to get the RR some weight w/o digging into the dirt. Add a shaker screen to air opening to radiator and let er eat!

your guess is as good as any. They haven't said much about it. I kinda go by what the trucks did and it didn't look like much. They took the splitter off, raised it up a bit and put Goodyear's dirt tires on.

Find a way to drive off the right rear instead of the right front.

So, I’ll give you a hint where I’m kind of leaning on this. Could we fill the left rear axle tube with lead while first inserting a steel liner just big enough to give clearance for the axle?

What changes did they do to the trucks? I'd expect similar. No way they building a special car. Enough of that for the plate races. Remove/raise the splitter and mod the track bar mount to get the RR some weight w/o digging into the dirt. Add a shaker screen to air opening to radiator and let er eat!
The digging into the dirt relates to how low the bar mount is on asphalt cars. Dirt cars use more travel and the track bar is mounted to LH side of chassis in front of housing. Chassis roll lifts left side and lowers right. The RH side mount would be a spear sticking into the ground in the turns. My guess is Nascar would poo-poo on making any real chassis changes like that though.

I haven't heard any news about permitting a different chassis or suspension setup. Nascar is awful strict about that kind of thing.

The digging into the dirt relates to how low the bar mount is on asphalt cars. Dirt cars use more travel and the track bar is mounted to LH side of chassis in front of housing. Chassis roll lifts left side and lowers right. The RH side mount would be a spear sticking into the ground in the turns. My guess is Nascar would poo-poo on making any real chassis changes like that though.
Probably so. But some of those things don't relate to an asphalt car on dirt. When they had the first truck race at Eldora, Scott Bloomquist tried some things on the KBM truck he was driving and it didn't translate. He looked more like a driver with no dirt experience than he did ones of the greats in dirt late model racing.

To finish my obsession...the J-bar is the track bar. Attached to LH side of chassis right behind the driver seat and to RH side of pinion mount. On Cup car bar runs all the way across chassis behind differential, connected to frame @ RR and diff housing at Left. I may not be a smart man but I know what love is.

Back
Top Bottom