Bristol Dirt Race

they ran it like they had been running it every year. Surprised me, I thought there would be some fireworks but it was business as usual. Elliott showing that he was one of the best road racers out there.
This'll be the same way, possibly excluding Elliott.

PJ1 is total
Bull ****.gif
IMHO!

Will Covid be "over" by then? I doubt it. We riding this crap all the way through 2021 cause some people won't wear a mask.

I hadn't thought about that yet.
I am not sure wearing a mask at the Bristol dirt race will be necessary. You can probably sit up high enough to avoid most of the dust, plus hopefully they will have some decent clay that can take on water. Wearing a mask at the Charlotte dirt track was a good way to protect oneself from all the dust during the WOO races. Not sure 2022 at Bristol would be much different if they run dirt again.

I hadn't thought about that yet.
I am not sure wearing a mask at the Bristol dirt race will be necessary. You can probably sit up high enough to avoid most of the dust, plus hopefully they will have some decent clay that can take on water. Wearing a mask at the Charlotte dirt track was a good way to protect oneself from all the dust during the WOO races. Not sure 2022 at Bristol would be much different if they run dirt again.
We were discussing masks as tools to prevent spreading COVID, not to avoid dirt-track side effects.

On the same note.....
Thankfully all of the chain link fencing around the track will keep all of the skeeters out!
The mask isn't to keep skeeters from getting into people. It's to keep people from exhaling skeeters during that up-to-two-week period after they're infected but before they show symptoms. it's a common misconception.

The mask isn't to keep skeeters from getting into people. It's to keep people from exhaling skeeters during that up-to-two-week period after they're infected but before they show symptoms. it's a common misconception.
The guidelines have once again changed. Now it's 7 to 10 days.
Hopefully by the time the Bristol Dirt Race rolls around it will be even less.

For starters, most of the fans that go there went because of the wrecks and the fights. When they changed the track, that went away and so did most of the fans. Bruton vowed to put the track back to the way it was if this didn't work. He's spending more money on things that aren't bringing people in instead of what he said.

The second thing is their ticket prices are some of the highest on the circuit. Combine that with how much the local hotels gouge fans, it's no wonder people stopped going.

Bingo

The guidelines have once again changed. Now it's 7 to 10 days.
Hopefully by the time the Bristol Dirt Race rolls around it will be even less.
Thanks for the update. That's useful if you suspect you were exposed, but not everyone who gets exposed knows that it happened. If you don't know if or when you were infected, you can't tell when the days are up.

We were discussing masks as tools to prevent spreading COVID, not to avoid dirt-track side effects.
Good grief, what was I thinking!
On another note, don't forget to wash your mask after wearing it to a dirt track. I discovered this a few days too late.

Well, somebody has to offer some balance to your polyanna view that NASCAR is infallible and everything they do is just wonderful. If you're not on their payroll, they're missing one hell of an opportunity.
Bristol and TV brought it up, NASCAR agreed. Your NASCAR attack on Aunty is unjustified. Perhaps you dont like dirt racing because you jack sinks in the dirt?

Bristol and TV brought it up, NASCAR agreed. Your NASCAR attack on Aunty is unjustified. Perhaps you dont like dirt racing because you jack sinks in the dirt?
2022 can’t get here fast enough.

I wonder if he’ll change his username to Formerairjackman?

I think everybody loves short track racing.

Nope. Not even a little. Just my opinion, but I also wonder how those elusive "new fans" interpret dirt when they never seemed to be able to ingest this sport in the first place. Bewildering.

Nope. Not even a little. Just my opinion, but I also wonder how those elusive "new fans" interpret dirt when they never seemed to be able to ingest this sport in the first place. Bewildering.
Gosh, you wouldn't even go to the Snowball Derby to watch your man Kyle?

C'mon man. Marcus Smith said "everybody loves short track racing" that was a direct quote from him not me. Watch what you are doing. It's bad enough to take snipets out of context, but worse to imply wrongly what others are saying when they aren't

C'mon man. Marcus Smith said "everybody loves short track racing" that was a direct quote from him not me. Watch what you are doing. It's bad enough to take snipets out of context, but worse to imply wrongly what others are saying when they aren't

Yeah, I anticipated that those who read my quote would have read the thread. Didn't consider narcissism. Sorry that I hurt your feelings....but that will happen from time to time. I don't think too many read your stuff if that helps.

Gosh, you wouldn't even go to the Snowball Derby to watch your man Kyle?
Nope. I like the cars. Something less than Cup doesn't really interest me. Just got done watching Toyota win the World Rally Car Championship....where cars are appreciated. Refreshing.

Yeah, I anticipated that those who read my quote would have read the thread. Didn't consider narcissism. Sorry that I hurt your feelings....but that will happen from time to time. I don't think too many read your stuff if that helps.
then don't be misquoting it and you will be fine. All it would have taken was to include a couple more words to the left, "Marcus Smith" and we wouldn't be having this problem. If this was the first time it happened it would be different also. I'm not in love with short tracks and taking a comment out of context and altering it to look like I do is complete B.S. Some of us do try to rely on our word.

then don't be misquoting it and you will be fine. All it would have taken was to include a couple more words to the left, "Marcus Smith" and we wouldn't be having this problem. If this was the first time it happened it would be different also. I'm not in love with short tracks and taking a comment out of context and altering it to look like I do is complete B.S. Some of us do try to rely on our word.

I made an assumption. Big damn deal. There is no "problem." I do not routinely take comments out of context, and I didn't alter anything. I don't mind the banter, but when you come her to flex your keyboarding muscle, it is nothing less than pathetic. Knock it off.

I made an assumption. Big damn deal. There is no "problem." I do not routinely take comments out of context, and I didn't alter anything. I don't mind the banter, but when you come her to flex your keyboarding muscle, it is nothing less than pathetic. Knock it off.
not going to go around and around bud. I asked ya nice twice and got sarcasm so be it.

not going to go around and around bud. I asked ya nice twice and got sarcasm so be it.

Neither am I. Wasn't sarcastic. Statement of fact. Your keyboard bullying is old. Again, knock it off.

oh but you did. I didn't say that nor do I agree with it.
StandOnIt said:

I think everybody loves short track racing.

Lifted a quote from your post, and commented. Anybody reading the thread knew it didn't come from you. Didn't alter anything--just didn't attribute it correctly to the author. Something I was very concerned about in Grad School...not so much here. Anybody looking at the thread can see that there was nothing altered. I like your presence here, and I learn a lot from you, but this kind of thing gets weird. Third time....knock it off.

Back
Top Bottom