Bristol Dirt Race

Attachments

• Do you feel lucky.jpg
    Do you feel lucky.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 94
First reaction was crap...regarding heat races. But after thinking about it, we get to see a little more racing. I doubt we will see much "hard" racing. Guessing the line ups will be set along the line of owner points with little or no inversion. But sometimes NASCAR surprises us.

As far as them surprising us, I would expect them to treat the first dirt Cup race in so many years as a big deal. They very well may have some surprises.

Tony Stewart and JJ Yeley?

Clearly it's Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne.

Briscoe said on reddit he knows of two USAC champions coming in as ringers.

That's...highly curious. I'd guess Windom has the connections to make it happen, and beyond that Courtney? If this is really happening.

Newman and Bell are also USAC champions already in the field.

Last edited:
Rico has expressed a complete lack of interest in going back to NASCAR, but the dirt element could definitely change that, yeah.

This thread is deteriorating like the surface of a clay racetrack 3/4 of the way through a 40 car 200 lap NASCAR Cup race.

Fitted with the shortest available pushrods, these fast cars weigh about 700 pounds less than 3 times the weight of the 24 extremely fast sprint cars that run 50 lap mains on the same surface.

Personally, I can’t wait.
View attachment 52753
I am thinking mount asphalt tires on the left side to run where the dirt will wear out on lap 346, and keep the right side dirt tires for the cushion.

Run longer pushrods and a taller valve cover left side only. The offset weight advantages are obvious but the additional weight and taller cover will allow one to lean the engine over to the left materializing into a left handed engine.That's properly oriented to keep the drive shaft from getting warped and making the car rock back and forth.

I'm pretty sure Cup bodywork will be sacrificed at Bristol.

Bring on the composites.

Yep, they'll be racing almost twice as far, twice as hard and on a MUCH tougher track in half the space with almost twice the number of cars.
Dude...at least nascar is trying new things.!I I for one will be entertained

Yes.

For an IROC race featuring 1976 Ford Taurus sedans formerly leased by various travelling cookie salesmen and never serviced. You can tell by the left wiper arm.
If you've got a '76 Taurus, name your price for it.
I want to add it to my collection with my '83 Corvette.

Yes.

For an IROC race featuring 1976 Ford Taurus sedans formerly leased by various travelling cookie salesmen and never serviced. You can tell by the left wiper arm.
For you probably :biggrin:
Gents, I haven’t seen much dirt racing, even less from an in-car vantage, and none here. I have nearly no idea what a purpose-built dirt car is capable of on this banking, much less a bastardized Cup car, or what running at speed will look like from inside.

The question was serious.

Gents, I haven’t seen much dirt racing, even less from an in-car vantage, and none here. I have nearly no idea what a purpose-built dirt car is capable of on this banking, much less a bastardized Cup car, or what running at speed will look like from inside.

The question was serious.

Here's a taste from last time. However, the banking is lower now.

I can't find an in-car from that time, but Eldora isn't that different.

Thanks. The lap times look comparable to standard Cup cars on the pavement.

The sprints were a little faster. Sammy Swindell ran a 13.86. Chase Elliott broke the NASCAR track record in 2019 (high downforce year) with a 14.57.

Because the banking is lower, and there is a weight rule now that wasn't present then, I don't believe WoO will break any new records this year. We'll see though.

Back
Top Bottom