Bristol RACE thread

@bobpockrass: Pemberton said one of the flagmen leaned on the caution switch that is a manual override ... and then the flagman threw the flag. #nascar

@bobpockrass: Pemberton said one of the flagmen leaned on the caution switch that is a manual override ... and then the flagman threw the flag. #nascar

So they're switching from the story they just fed us about throwing the cautions but there been a latency of 30 seconds? lol

I don't really care, I'm going to shut down, put my feet up, drink another BL then go to bed.
That's the best thing i have heard on here all day. We can relax and let some of the youngsters hash it out. It doesn't really make any difference anyway. It was a good race though.;)

This is pretty stupid. Especially since winning gets you in the Chase. This is like getting into the baseball playoffs because the refs accidentally called a foul ball a walk-off homerun -- because somebody leaned on the button that started the homerun animation on the Jumbotron, gotta go with it, the Jumbotron says homerun, game over.

This kind of screw-up really matters with the new Chase format. This could have been Stenhouse or Almirola's only shot at making the Chase.

Edwards just made the Chase because some moron leaned on the wrong button. That's ridiculous.

This is pretty stupid. Especially since winning gets you in the Chase. This is like getting into the baseball playoffs because the refs accidentally called a foul ball a walk-off homerun -- because somebody leaned on the button that started the homerun animation on the Jumbotron, gotta go with it, the Jumbotron says homerun, game over.

This kind of screw-up really matters with the new Chase format. This could have been Stenhouse or Almirola's only shot at making the Chase.

Edwards just made the Chase because some moron leaned on the wrong button. That's ridiculous.

The race was his, nobody was catching him anyway

If it hadn't started raining, they probably would have finished the race under GWC.

If the yellow hadn't been thrown for no reason, the race would have ended anyway when the rain started.

This is nothing to get upset about.

If it hadn't started raining, they probably would have finished the race under GWC.

With only 2 or 3 laps to go they would have finished it before it started coming down hard.

It was a good 1 or 2 before it started coming down like cats and dogs. 3 green laps=under a minute

No, I am not buying it. Nascar is a dictatorship with no checks and they wanted to bunch the field and this time they got caught.

Pure bull****. You're just looking for a reason to call out NASCAR. Nice try though.

With only 2 or 3 laps to go they would have finished it before it started coming down hard.

It was a good 1 or 2 before it started coming down like cats and dogs. 3 green laps=under a minute

Do you think Stenhouse would have made up 2.2 seconds on Edwards in 3 laps?

Jeff Gordon was on the track, what did he say about it?

Do you think Stenhouse would have made up 2.2 seconds on Edwards in 3 laps?

Jeff Gordon was on the track, what did he say about it?

No way. Carl was winning this thing either way.

Gordon didn't even know what the caution was out for at first. It was total confusion.

I didn't read all of the thread except this page but it sounds like NASCAR royally ****** up the finish. Thank God the rain came. That's a miracle. Seriously... If that GWC happened that was never supposed to happen. ****.

Hell of a race though. Edwards had the two best people to have behind him going into the final stint but congrats to all three. Awesome stuff.

Just got home. Hell of a race, that was. I hope it was as good on tv as it was in person for those who couldn't be there.
I bet there wasn't 300 people at the end of that thing and 30 seconds after the backflip, there mightve been 20.

We all froze to death for awhile but it was worth it in the end.
So, this was my 2nd night race of the year and I've never even been to a night race!

Anyway, everybody have a good night!

Just got home. Hell of a race, that was. I hope it was as good on tv as it was in person for those who couldn't be there.
I bet there wasn't 300 people at the end of that thing and 30 seconds after the backflip, there mightve been 20.

We all froze to death for awhile but it was worth it in the end.
So, this was my 2nd night race of the year and I've never even been to a night race!

Anyway, everybody have a good night!

What was up with the crowd? Seemed like less in attendance today than yesterday. Like everyone assumed they'd run it on Monday. Usually I wouldn't care but that crowd was weak.

What was up with the crowd? Seemed like less in attendance today than yesterday. Like everyone assumed they'd run it on Monday. Usually I wouldn't care but that crowd was weak.

30 degrees and rain will keep the crowds away.

Bi5jpsjCEAAD3IN.jpg:large

Maybe Nascar threw the final caution so that stupid ****, Timmy Hill, had time to get slowed up by the end of the race.

"This place, things happen real quick,” Hill said. “I saw (Whitt) spin, by the time I got communication, it was too late. Everybody was checking up. I ran into the back (of Kenseth). I had no reaction time. It’s on me, really.”
:confused:

Maybe Nascar threw the final caution so that stupid ****, Timmy Hill, had time to get slowed up by the end of the race.

"This place, things happen real quick,” Hill said. “I saw (Whitt) spin, by the time I got communication, it was too late. Everybody was checking up. I ran into the back (of Kenseth). I had no reaction time. It’s on me, really.”
:confused:
Not like the caution lights are blaring in his face

BobbyFord said:
I was definitely impressed with Kyle Larson tonight. Battled for the lead, ran up front all night and came home in the top 10 in his first Bristol Cup race. Very impressive.

who is the od

WOW. one race at Bristol and he is something?
Only a nut would say they were not impressed with Larsons run last night

Yeah, I'd say there were many times less people than saturday.
But man, that rain delay was MISERABLE. It seemed a lot colder than it was, and it just wouldn't quit. I was really surprised at how little people showed up though. Honestly, there wasn't much of a crowd at the start of the race.

Ticketmaster.com showed most seats sold so I guess a bunch of people just lost their money.

My gain, I moved to better seats!

Manufacturer points:

T1. Chevy/Ford - 179 (2 wins each)
3. Toyota - 152 (0)

Ford has turned the corner. They got blown out in this championship last year.

I thought NA$CAR drivers were the best race car drivers on the face of the earth? Yet they can't drive in the rain even tho NA$CAR does have rain tires.

I have posted my wishes that NASCAR race on some tracks in the rain several times, but I think you calling out all NASCAR drivers due to their not driving in the rain seems wrong, even childish. These drivers are the best there is, simple as that. Do your research and then come back.

Back
Top Bottom