Bristol RACE thread

Wonder if Nascar will look at the stands and consider changing the date on this race or just count their money all the way to the bank regardless of how many of those who paid for seats to watch it at home.

Was this race ever later in the year? They used to call it "hot bristol" because of how hot the weather was & it affecting engine temps.

If it hadn't started raining, they probably would have finished the race under GWC.

If the yellow hadn't been thrown for no reason, the race would have ended anyway when the rain started.

This is nothing to get upset about.

Obviously, Edwards would have won if the caution doesn't come out by mistake with less than three laps to go.

But IMO, NASCAR got lucky that it started to rain when it did, thereby giving them a reason to end the race under caution.

A couple of big "ifs" here, but, after the problematic caution, if it hadn't started raining and if Edwards lost the race after a GWC restart, NASCAR would have had a whole lot of egg on its face.

This is in the Jayski archive. Did they change this back, at some point?

Bi5i-06IgAAInh4.png:large

Normally NASCAR officials in race control in the tower are the ones to push the button to start a caution period.

“It appears that in, not all, but most of the flag stands have a manual override for the caution lights,” Pemberton said. “Due to the weather and due to other things, there's an area that it couldn't have been -- it wasn't secured properly, and the flag person leaned against the switch and turned the caution lights on.”

Pemberton added that race control tried to react by immediately shutting the lights off, however they couldn’t.

“We realized that the override switch was on and they were hung on caution,” Pemberton said. “It was a stupid error.”

I was shocked when the caution came out, but it didn't affect the outcome. Carl was cruising and had it under control. The rain sure helped nascar avoid another unfortunate situation with Carl if he lost the race on a restart that never should have happened.

I have posted my wishes that NASCAR race on some tracks in the rain several times, but I think you calling out all NASCAR drivers due to their not driving in the rain seems wrong, even childish. These drivers are the best there is, simple as that. Do your research and then come back.

You prove your statement 1st.

I missed the race, but read that Gordon was up to 4th before the final caution and for some reason decided to pit and started the final restart in 10th.

Seriously Gustafson just ****** once could you stop being such an idiot. Points mean nothing. You had the fastest car on the track before the final caution...........STAY OUT.

And of course the top 3 finishes all were cars that stayed out for the final restart.

I missed the race, but read that Gordon was up to 4th before the final caution and for some reason decided to pit and started the final restart in 10th.

Seriously Gustafson just ******* once could you stop being such an idiot. Points mean nothing. You had the fastest car on the track before the final caution...........STAY OUT.

And of course the top 3 finishes all were cars that stayed out for the final restart.
Yeah, I almost lost my **** when that happened. I couldn't understand what was going on. I honestly felt like he had a chance before that last stop.

Yeah, I almost lost my **** when that happened. I couldn't understand what was going on. I honestly felt like he had a chance before that last stop.

There are a few here who follow his radio communiations so maybe they have some insight.

They just pitted to pit.

Good old audible.

The Gustafson way!

I don't think Alan is a terrible crew chief, but he always plays it safe, never is aggressive and always seems to make one poor call a race.

Back
Top Bottom