Bubba Wallace Appreciation Thread

Daytripper

Team Owner
Congrats to bubba, glad to see him get a win without an asterisk next to it, the haters will have to come up with some new excuses now.

Efisher131

750 truther
The average bear has seldom, if ever, driven any kind of car at a sustained speed of 100 mph.

But 200 in intense traffic lap after lap is so easy a hauler driver can do it.
It’s easy to get the car around the track at Daytona and Talladega alone. I believe that I as well as most of this board could qualify top 10 at those tracks in a fast car. The skill of plate racing has nothing to do with actually driving. It’s knowing what the air will do in any situation. It’s being extremely aware of everything happening around you.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Qualification laps do not occur with a car beside you and numerous others in front and behind, all squirming and sliding at 200 per in turbulent air.

That’s the polite way of saying that you, sir, have no idea what you’re talking about.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Qualification laps do not occur with a car beside you and numerous others in front and behind, all squirming and sliding at 200 per in turbulent air.

That’s the polite way of saying that you, sir, have no idea what you’re talking about.
I think you missunderstand his comment, although I don't think he made it very clear.

He's not saying plate racing takes no skill, he's saying the skill to succeed in plate racing is different - it's more about decision making and reading the race compared to car control.

And he's right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Nonsense. How many competitive laps have you turned ... in any kind of race car on any track?

jaqua19

Team Owner
Nonsense. How many competitive laps have you turned ... in any kind of race car on any track?
I had chicken for dinner tonight...since we're talking about things that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic ;)

I'm not saying it takes less skill.

It's just as difficult of a form of racing, it's just less reliant on car control than at other tracks, and is more reliant on other skills and factors. It doesn't take a race car driver recognize that it's an entirely different skillset/racecraft.

It's not easier and doesn't appear easier, just different.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
You speak to the topic with a very knowledgeable air.

Meanwhile, in the nuthin’ to it department ...

jaqua19

Team Owner
You speak to the topic with a very knowledgeable air.

Meanwhile, in the nuthin’ to it department ...

I have confidence in my assessment....worst case scenario? I'm wrong, and we still get to look forward to Bristol this weekend :)

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
I have confidence in my assessment....worst case scenario? I'm wrong, and we still get to look forward to Bristol this weekend :)

Let’s go, CBell!!!

Top Bottom