Bubba Wallace Appreciation Thread

I had Carl Edwards on my favorite 4 list but he really
pissed me off when he sent Kez into the Atl. fence.

Bubba's in that same boat - he looked bad

plus . dont go chasing a guy trying avoid a fight
unless you are a maniacal bully. That didnt look like the Bubba I knew.

In the end , Bubba gets a pass from me because I hope this is just
a heat of the moment one off.

I don’t see how NASCAR doesn’t park him for at least one race. The outcry is huge at this point with even SI calling for suspension and they aren’t some right wing publication.

I had a problem with what Bubba did yesterday. Not acceptable at all, to just flat out right rear someone at full speed on a 1.5 miler.

I don't know what the punishment needs to be, but I was hoping initially it would be Larson kicking his ass.

When willy admits he did something retaliatory everyone says he is an idiot and should have said it was a mistake. When bubba does what everybody says willy should have done there is outrage. You really can't make this $hit up!!
It does matter what you admit to anymore. The data shows he sped up to make contact with the #5, you can lie all you want but facts are facts

Looking back on it almost 24 hours later, it’s pretty egregious to me that with the concussions guys have had after hits that look mundane with this car, Bubba looking to pick a fight with Larson after he hit the wall at that speed well to me it’s pretty cowardly. We don’t know and pure speculation but if Larson did have his bell rung and Bubba ended up putting more violent hands upon him while also taking that walk with time to think to the 5 ....that’s just disaster there. I can’t fathom how he had a meltdown like that, why? Larson has raced him clean in the past to my knowledge ,this hasn’t been brewing for months. Just a lousy racing deal that didn’t need to escalate as far as it did.

It does matter what you admit to anymore. The data shows he sped up to make contact with the #5, you can lie all you want but facts are facts
I believe this to be true, but has the data been released? Genuinely just curious and I missed the first stage.

Looking back on it almost 24 hours later, it’s pretty egregious to me that with the concussions guys have had after hits that look mundane with this car, Bubba looking to pick a fight with Larson after he hit the wall at that speed well to me it’s pretty cowardly. We don’t know and pure speculation but if Larson did have his bell rung and Bubba ended up putting more violent hands upon him while also taking that walk with time to think to the 5 ....that’s just disaster there. I can’t fathom how he had a meltdown like that, why? Larson has raced him clean in the past to my knowledge ,this hasn’t been brewing for months. Just a lousy racing deal that didn’t need to escalate as far as it did.
Yeah, I went back and looked at the DVR last night. It could've been a lot worse.
Glad nobody was seriously injured.

I wonder what bubba's teammate Kurt thinks about bubba roughing Kyle up after sending him backwards into the wall at 180mph which was similar to the wreck that seems to have ended Kurt's racing career? Really no excuse, you can say heat of the moment for spinning him but for roughing him up over a minute later without any idea if Larsen was hurt is beyond inexcusable.

The most disappointing thing is that Larson didn't even fight back. Can you imagine if Bubba came up to Dale Sr, Cal, heck, Harvick or whoever AFTER intentionally wrecking them and then attacking them. Bubba would have been beat down right in that infield.

The most disappointing thing is that Larson didn't even fight back. Can you imagine if Bubba came up to Dale Sr, Cal, heck, Harvick or whoever AFTER intentionally wrecking them and then attacking them. Bubba would have been beat down right in that infield.

Larsen definitely ain't a fighter, he should have swung the helmet he was holding at bubba's head, but he just isn't hardwired like that.

Ah not everyone is wired for physical confrontation. I do wonder what was said that set Bubba off, rewatching Kyle said something to him as Bubba got to earshot and then it was on. I’m honestly eager to move on with the week and onto Miami, it’s just....this was a bad look

Can you imagine the narrative if Larson going in the fetal position was somebody else. Say, one of the drivers of lesser popularity? Like, maybe, the guy heading over to Childress before he decided to go to Childress? We wouldn't be talking about maturity and higher roads. We would be talking about the guy being a *****.

Larsen definitely ain't a fighter, he should have swung the helmet he was holding at bubba's head, but he just isn't hardwired like that.
Then, I suggest he drive a little more conservatively?

I wonder what bubba's teammate Kurt thinks about bubba roughing Kyle up after sending him backwards into the wall at 180mph which was similar to the wreck that seems to have ended Kurt's racing career? Really no excuse, you can say heat of the moment for spinning him but for roughing him up over a minute later without any idea if Larsen was hurt is beyond inexcusable.
You know what Kurt thinks, and you know that he has already talked to Bubba...and you know that he has told Bubba that the Kurt of today is different from the Kurt of earlier years, and that people can change.

Can you imagine the narrative if Larson going in the fetal position was somebody else. Say, one of the drivers of lesser popularity? Like, maybe, the guy heading over to Childress before he decided to go to Childress? We wouldn't be talking about maturity and higher roads. We would be talking about the guy being a *****.
like how your newest toy rolled over at the Bristol Dirt race and lost...then shook his hand after getting plowed into , all the while you celebrated that one because your previous toy won the race. Not sure Kyle went into the fetal position, not everyone is wired to fight. It doesn’t do any good anyways in a manner like this when fisticuffs are exchanged. I wonder if it was the other way around if Bubba was in the Chevy and Larson drove one of YOUR Toyota’s I can’t help but think if the smug posts would be different

You’re doing nothing but trolling here. Conservatively. That’s a good one. ....kinda like how your newest toy rolled over at the Bristol Dirt race and lost...then shook his hand after getting plowed into , all the while you celebrated that one because your previous toy won the race. Not sure Kyle went into the fetal position, not everyone is wired to fight. It doesn’t do any good anyways in a manner like this when fisticuffs are exchanged. I wonder if it was the other way around if Bubba was in the Chevy and Larson drove one of YOUR Toyota’s I can’t help but think if the smug posts would be different

You really can't take anything revman says seriously, his bias for anything Toyota is legendary.

Hey bud, Chevy vs Toyota does not apply here and you need recognise that what Wallace did, the racing fraternity considers it to be the worst move you can make on the track. If you purposely RR someone you better prepare for the worst. Wallace was lucky Larson is smaller than him and didnt want to fight. What he did was a cowardly move and then to walk down to try and fight him was ridiculous. He should be thankful he didnt hurt anyone but who's to say Larson wont develop concussion like symptoms? He will get fined as he should but the biggest ramification from his actions is he lost the respect from his fellow drivers.

Hey bud, Chevy vs Toyota does not apply here and you need recognise that what Wallace did, the racing fraternity considers it to be the worst move you can make on the track. If you purposely RR someone you better prepare for the worst. Wallace was lucky Larson is smaller than him and didnt want to fight. What he did was a cowardly move and then to walk down to try and fight him was ridiculous. He should be thankful he didnt hurt anyone but who's to say Larson wont develop concussion like symptoms? He will get fined as he should but the biggest ramification from his actions is he lost the respect from his fellow drivers.
I wasn't talking about Bubba, and I have been 100% consistent in my criticism of what Bubba did with the car. Thanks.

So you think that Larsen deserved being physically attacked for slightly pushing bubba into the wall?
I think the physical stuff is a bunch of bull****, but that doesn't stop these guys from threatening it all of the time. Bubba actually did something instead of talking about it for weeks only to do nothing.

You really can't take anything revman says seriously, his bias for anything Toyota is legendary.
I'd agree, but I would still read my stuff....I have said consistently that I do not support what Bubba did in the car....the stuff afterward is the stupid stuff that this sport seems to promote. Not a fan either.

When willy admits he did something retaliatory everyone says he is an idiot and should have said it was a mistake. When bubba does what everybody says willy should have done there is outrage. You really can't make this $hit up!!
Careful with "everyone". I never commented on Willy's tantrum other than laugh at who he spun under caution. And Bubba's is pretty obvious. Seems there is already proof he had steering and accelerated and steered down to nail Larson. Pretty ridiculous to make that claim with the video evidence.

This is true whether people want to admit it or not. Never seen the "Awe its ok, he's just not programmed for physical confrontation" excuse applied on here for anyone. Certainly not the guy I root for that's for damn sure.

Not really a major plot point from yesterday for me but it is funny seeing the goal post move depending on who it is.

I hope they sit Bubbas ass out for the rest of the season, fine him $250,000 and put him on probation for the entire 2023 season.
So bubba should get fined and put on probation for all of the remainder of this season and next?

What do you think Ty Gibbs should have got for smashing into his competitors car, specifically on pit road and towards another teams crew members? Remember to keep in mind that this is the second similar incident

IMO Larson did the best thing he possibly could have given the situation. Can you imagine the storyline for someone that was suspended for saying a racial slur getting into a physical altercation with a person of color? I don't care what anyone says the media would of ate that up and likely burned him at the stake

I wasn't talking about Bubba, and I have been 100% consistent in my criticism of what Bubba did with the car. Thanks.
Yeah I know, you were talking about Larson which is absurd. Wallace ruined his own day and if history repeats he's getting ready to open his wallet. Thanks

How do you do know who would and would win these hypothetical fights?

Nvm I see you're just making chit up, carry on.

IMO Larson did the best thing he possibly could have given the situation. Can you imagine the storyline for someone that was suspended for saying a racial slur getting into a physical altercation with a person of color? I don't care what anyone says the media would of ate that up and likely burned him at the stake
Larson is a POC.

His mother is Japanese.

Carl Edwards put Brad K on his roof and almost killed him and the penalty? 3 race probation then he got Fined for 25,000 and docked 60 points after he wrecked him again at Gateway. I dont see NASCAR sitting Bubba hell they might do the same thing they did to Carl.

Carl Edwards put Brad K on his roof and almost killed him and the penalty? 3 race probation then he got Fined for 25,000 and docked 60 points after he wrecked him again at Gateway. I dont see NASCAR sitting Bubba hell they might do the same thing they did to Carl.
Only reason I see them sitting him would be to show how much safety actually means to them. Perfect time to show this type of bs isn’t acceptable.

excellent summary of my thoughts, well said!

you don't right rear someone at full speed on a 1.5 mile track. completely unacceptable. If Bubba had right reared Harvick and then Bubba came down to Harvick in the infield, Harvick would have whipped his ass, and rightfully so.

Praying Larson is all good and no concussions. And yea, he lost a ton of respect from the drivers 1 would have to imagine.

Only reason I see them sitting him would be to show how much safety actually means to them. Perfect time to show this type of bs isn’t acceptable.
Yeah, they'll probably sit him a week. Nascar is already getting a lot of bad PR on the safety front. It's kind of funny though since it's obvious Nascar really doesn't actually care about safety, with these cars they are rolling out.

Back
Top Bottom