Bubba Wallace Appreciation Thread

You don't like the business model. I think you have made that point 62 million times. How dangerous is it when WE are sitting third out of three in manufacturer points, and at the moment, would be fortunate to have one guy race for the championship? If WE flood the field with cars, and WE have this level of involvement/control, then you probably have something to worry about....but that would take us down the path of Toyota buying the series, and leaving it dry.....and nobody would ever suggest that, huh?

I thought it was hilarious listening to the Wilson TRD guy speak for preacher Joe's team and for Joe's grandson myself. I don't have a clue what trip you are on.

Meanwhile ...

And while this is going on, Hamlin is in a veiled racism back and forth on Twitter ... with Danny Dietrich, a 410 Sprint car runner from Pennsylvania.

Must be Wednesday.

Kyle Petty has always been one of my favorite NASCAR talking heads, and I'm not necessarily convinced that he was being 100% serious throughout the entirety of this rant, but Kyle, come on, brother. On top of intentionally turning a guy towards the outside wall, Bubba physically confronted - SHOVED! - another driver, and told a FIB! Park him for the season! :XXROFL:

shaq-shaquille-o-neal.gif

Kyle Petty has always been one of my favorite NASCAR talking heads, and I'm not necessarily convinced that he was being 100% serious throughout the entirety of this rant, but Kyle, come on, brother. On top of intentionally turning a guy towards the outside wall, Bubba physically confronted - SHOVED! - another driver, and told a FIB! Park him for the season! :XXROFL:

shaq-shaquille-o-neal.gif
Kyle has been consistent on his views.

He wanted more punishment for Carl Edwards in 2010
He wanted more punishment for Kyle Busch in 2011
He wanted more punishment for Jeff Gordon in 2012
He wanted more punishment for Matt Kenseth in 2015
He wanted more punishment for Bubba Wallace in 2022.

I'm 100% with Kyle.

I'm 100% with Kyle.

I mean, the intentional wreck is one thing, but Bubba SHOVED! another driver and told a FIB! afterwards. I'd be arrested if I SHOVED! someone on the sidewalk or told a FIB! under oath, so park him for the rest of the season. Okay, Kyle. :XXROFL:

I mean, the intentional wreck is one thing, but Bubba SHOVED! another driver and told a FIB! afterwards. I'd be arrested if I SHOVED! someone on the sidewalk or told a FIB! under oath, so park him for the rest of the season. Okay, Kyle. :XXROFL:
yea the shove and the fib part did make me laugh, and I don't really care that Bubba shoved another driver.

But his views on the intentional wrecking and more punishment needed... I agree with.

Aunty, thanks for mentioning this. I was compelled to go to Twitter to look for myself. Bleh...:bleh:

In general, the PA Posse has a special place in my heart. Been to many Central PA sprint car races, and it's ground zero for the best local, weekly racing on the planet. And this is a special time there, with the Williams Grove National Open running Saturday (rescheduled by rain).

But this was beyond the pale. DD/48 spouting off again on Bubba, mix that with his other, political posts and and it reveals the man clearly. Add in the blatant racist reactions from his minions... I no longer GAF about the dude... regardless of his ontrack accomplishments. Plenty of other hot shoes racing 410's two or three or more times per week in Central PA.

As for here at R-F, I'm like @Kiante, ready to move on. Bubba has been punished severely. I do *not* defend what Bubba did last Sunday, but I'm tired of the gleeful tone a few guys show as they pile on in thread after thread. And we've even had several dredging up "noose-gate" yet again and blaming Bubba for that... SMH.

The commentary I've heard in the circles around here is disgusting. But not surprising.

One racer explained that Bubba Wallace should be banned from NASCAR, then went on to explain why actions by Ty Gibbs, John Hunter Nemechek, William Byron, and numerous other rich white boys should've gone unpunished because "retaliation is part of racing." Then he talked about how Bubba should be banned for fighting Larson, while explaining how fights are part of racing.

I agree 💯 with the Bubba Wallace suspension and, honestly, don't think it's enough of a penalty. But, NASCAR has also let this stuff go on for so long that I don't really think they have any moral high ground to stand on. It's typical NASCAR reacting to Twitter.

I hope NASCAR is using this incident to set a precedent when it comes to intentional contact or retaliation, but I doubt they will. Next time Gibbs, Nemechek or Hocevar wreck someone on purpose, NASCAR will find a way to excuse it.

yea the shove and the fib part did make me laugh, and I don't really care that Bubba shoved another driver.

But his views on the intentional wrecking and more punishment needed... I agree with.
The first sentence is all that I was focused on. We'll have to agree to disagree on the second. I think Bubba's punishment is fair.

I'm 100% with Kyle.

Yep. Kyle Petty's always felt like NASCAR needs to step up and police this.

Some of us have been wanting NASCAR to police this for years. NASCAR's allowed John Hunter Nemechek and Ty Gibbs to act recklessly repeatedly, they've allowed it when William Byron and Carson Hocevar have done stuff like this just this year. They've allowed drivers to wreck competitors for championships in ARCA (when it was K&N and even since then). They've moved the semifinal to Martinsville hoping someone will wreck someone for a playoff spot. They moved the finale to Phoenix hoping someone will divebomb the corner or dump someone to win the championship.

NASCAR has been encouraging this kind of crap for years. I'm glad they suspended Bubba, but I have no faith that this is setting a precedent.

As I keep saying, NASCAR needs to penalize the action, not the result. Bubba should've been suspended for intentionally wrecking Larson, not because of "how" he wrecked Larson or that he wrecked Larson at a "superspeedway" or this and that. When they suspended Kenseth, it wasn't for the action of intentionally wrecking Logano, it was because Logano was a "playoff" driver.

And the rules on reckless driving shouldn't change based on what size the track is. You can get hurt at Bristol or Martinsville too.

Oh, and by the way, let's not forget that just last year, NASCAR disregarded their own precedents for safety at Charlotte because they wanted Chase Elliott to wreck Kevin Harvick. It would've been okay if Harvick got injured, but this wasn't okay. It was okay that Chase Elliott held Kevin Harvick up at Bristol to help Larson win, but the 41 car doing it at Charlotte wasn't okay.

Yep. Kyle Petty's always felt like NASCAR needs to step up and police this.

Some of us have been wanting NASCAR to police this for years. NASCAR's allowed John Hunter Nemechek and Ty Gibbs to act recklessly repeatedly, they've allowed it when William Byron and Carson Hocevar have done stuff like this just this year. They've allowed drivers to wreck competitors for championships in ARCA (when it was K&N and even since then). They've moved the semifinal to Martinsville hoping someone will wreck someone for a playoff spot. They moved the finale to Phoenix hoping someone will divebomb the corner or dump someone to win the championship.

NASCAR has been encouraging this kind of crap for years. I'm glad they suspended Bubba, but I have no faith that this is setting a precedent.

As I keep saying, NASCAR needs to penalize the action, not the result. Bubba should've been suspended for intentionally wrecking Larson, not because of "how" he wrecked Larson or that he wrecked Larson at a "superspeedway" or this and that. When they suspended Kenseth, it wasn't for the action of intentionally wrecking Logano, it was because Logano was a "playoff" driver.

And the rules on reckless driving shouldn't change based on what size the track is. You can get hurt at Bristol or Martinsville too.

Oh, and by the way, let's not forget that just last year, NASCAR disregarded their own precedents for safety at Charlotte because they wanted Chase Elliott to wreck Kevin Harvick. It would've been okay if Harvick got injured, but this wasn't okay. It was okay that Chase Elliott held Kevin Harvick up at Bristol to help Larson win, but the 41 car doing it at Charlotte wasn't okay.
Imagine consistency.
It is all we can hope for.
Group of clowns run this show for maximum profit. Very little profit gets recycled back into the product.

Meanwhile ...

And while this is going on, Hamlin is in a veiled racism back and forth on Twitter ... with Danny Dietrich, a 410 Sprint car runner from Pennsylvania.

Must be Wednesday.

Aunty, thanks for mentioning this. I was compelled to go to Twitter to look for myself. Bleh...:bleh:

In general, the PA Posse has a special place in my heart. Been to many Central PA sprint car races, and it's ground zero for the best local, weekly racing on the planet. And this is a special time there, with the Williams Grove National Open running Saturday (rescheduled by rain).

But this was beyond the pale. DD/48 spouting off again on Bubba, mix that with his other, political posts and and it reveals the man clearly. Add in the blatant racist reactions from his minions... I no longer GAF about the dude... regardless of his ontrack accomplishments. Plenty of other hot shoes racing 410's two or three or more times per week in Central PA.

As for here at R-F, I'm like @Kiante, ready to move on. Bubba has been punished severely. I do *not* defend what Bubba did last Sunday, but I'm tired of the gleeful tone a few guys show as they pile on in thread after thread. And we've even had several dredging up "noose-gate" yet again and blaming Bubba for that... SMH.
Here’s Mr. Dietrich acting out himself ... again ... tonight.

Say what you will about Bubba or Kurt or even Kyle but it is all part of the learning experience and growing up in a pressure filled world where the only thing employers and sponsors want are results.

Sometime we put too much stress on ourselves and in reacting, unfortunately, take those frustrations out on others as Bubba did. He'll learn. Bubba is a quick study and he has definitely grown since entering the sport. Even Kurt has mellowed, much to the disappointment of those who still trash him for behaviors of ten years ago.

Denny is called out for speaking his mind and many of the same people who criticize, condemn and complain about that kind of behavior are the same ones wanting drivers " to be open and act out who they are and stop being upbeat mouthpieces for NASCAR. Denny speaks his mind as a driver and car owner. Can't get much more involved than that and not that it grants him special privileges, it shows his intensity to the sport. I say, keep going for it Denny. You are nearly always right when you bring specific incidents or rules, safety issues, or lack thereof, to the forefront. :)

Congratulations to the happy couple! May their marriage survive the test of time and their lives be filled with joy and laughter. May the days that drag them down strengthen their marriage and devotion to one another and be few and far between with a love for one another that will endure throughout their lifetime.

If the past is any indication, the recent marriage creating the bond between Ms. Carter and Mr. Wallace will embark on a new pathway that has a proven track record of being there for each other. It can only get better with time.

MAZEL TOV!!

I am not driver-centric, but I might be with this guy. Love everything he is....I want my driver to give a **** like this..

He needs anger management. I can't imagine what it's like around his house when he's having a tantrum.
I'm not sure if it's anger management, but IMO he definitely needs some professional help.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He needs anger management. I can't imagine what it's like around his house when he's having a tantrum.

I'm not sure if it's anger management, but IMO he definitely needs some professional help.

Neither one of you know Bubba personally, so you don't know who he is away from the circus....and there have been far worse in this sport who have been judged very differently. Bubba is a lot of things, and he isn't perfect, but he has the big balls for a guy at his stage in life managing the responsibility he does. Love the guy.

Neither one of you know Bubba personally, so you don't know who he is away from the circus....and there have been far worse in this sport who have been judged very differently. Bubba is a lot of things, and he isn't perfect, but he has the big balls for a guy at his stage in life managing the responsibility he does. Love the guy.
He himself has openly admitted that he deals with depression and his last couple interviews definitely show a person that needs to talk to someone. There's no shame in that

He himself has openly admitted that he deals with depression and his last couple interviews definitely show a person that needs to talk to someone. There's no shame in that

No question....Then, what is the point of posting that?

Dealing with what Bubba has to deal with on a daily basis is not easy yet for the most part he deals with it gracefully. Yes, he gets angry and after lashing out at a fellow competitor several weeks ago he addressed the issue. Now, instead of confrontation, he sits in his car and berates himself for his perceived failure and is criticized as brooding and sulking. He is under tremendous pressure and will work his way through it and be a stronger person for it. I'm not surprised he has some depression but in my thought it is m a situation of trying to excel and live up to his own expectations. I don't think he's set his personal goals to high and do feel he will be a winner many more times before his career ends. Once he comes to peace within himself he'll be a power to be reckoned with.

Dealing with what Bubba has to deal with on a daily basis is not easy yet for the most part he deals with it gracefully. Yes, he gets angry and after lashing out at a fellow competitor several weeks ago he addressed the issue. Now, instead of confrontation, he sits in his car and berates himself for his perceived failure and is criticized as brooding and sulking. He is under tremendous pressure and will work his way through it and be a stronger person for it. I'm not surprised he has some depression but in my thought it is m a situation of trying to excel and live up to his own expectations. I don't think he's set his personal goals to high and do feel he will be a winner many more times before his career ends. Once he comes to peace within himself he'll be a power to be reckoned with.
Allow me to drop the mic for you. Well said.

He’s already won multiple races at the Cup level; no question of the talent being there. I saw the clip from COTA and the stuff he said was what was concerning to me. I don’t think I’ve heard a driver publicly call himself out to the degree that he did. Down themselves a bit, sure, but not suggest getting replaced after 6 years in Cup. Bro needs to chin up. As far as I’m concerned, he’s proven himself to be a good driver and a good man. He just needs to start rattling off those great results more consistently.

I love bubba but man he is way too hard on himself. I think his mental health is messed up. He is all over the place w his emotions

I'll speak on this as someone who has worked around mental health for some time.

Sometimes, unless you live it, it's really hard to understand why someone may be as hard on themselves as Bubba. Sadly, given what he's said about his own depression, it's not a matter of mind over matter.

This sort of self criticism usually comes from deeper, broken core/mistaken beliefs, and usually creates unhealthy internal dialogue - dialogue that occurs deeper than conscious thought. When people don't learn to regulate their emotions at a young age, those emotions tend to cling to thoughts, which creates a cycle. A situation happens, these thoughts get triggered and the core beliefs get activated, further reinforcing the thoughts, which then trigger the emotions, and if the individual can't regulate their emotions...the cycle continues.

CBT related models address these sort of neuroses, and the relationship between thoughts and emotions. a variety of cognitive modalities exist to treat these sort of mental health conditions. Some involve a behavioral activation approach to cognition, and others involve restructuring cognition entirely.

Exploring and even correcting core values, and recognizing/learning to change negative internal dialogue is how this sort of emotionality and poor self esteem is treated, and it isn't easy.

I don't know Bubba, and I have no idea if this applies to him, but I do want to point out that for some people who may have legitimate diagnosable mental illness, it's more complicated than "being hard on himself".

Chase Elliott was hard on himself. That had nothing to do with emotions, or core beliefs.

So who knows..but there ya go

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really would love to see Bubba succeed. And Kansas certainly shows he can. He’s amazing at that track.

But I’m a pretty casual fan, not a motor head so some details evade me. What is it that is making Kansas so different for him? It isn’t like the other 1.5s (where I don’t see him doing much) or the crapshoot train super speedways where he does better but are full of big wrecks that make the results so random.

Clearly he can race for the lead. Any insight into why it seems like Kansas is his magic place and where else that can translate into success for him?

Btw amazing 4th place yesterday. His car was clearly top 5 and he did everything he could with it. Just looked like Hamlin and Larson were a cut above the everyone else in the stretch.

Every driver has a track where they shine. Denny is good at Martinsville and Truex, Jr. at Dover as two examples. Hard to say what makes the difference as the newer generation cars are pretty equal yet they still seem to do well at certain tracks. I'm happy to see Bubba do well and feel he'll be a consistent winner once he stops beating himself up so bad.

If Bubba can somehow pull this off, it will be a transformational moment in his career. LFG!

If Bubba can somehow pull this off, it will be a transformational moment in his career. LFG!

Had Bowman & Elliott not sustained injuries I doubt that Bubba would have made the playoffs. He played by the rules and did a great job in securing a second round birth though.

Back
Top Bottom