Bubba Wallace in the 43 at Pocono.

IDK anything about Bubba Wallace and could not find anyone by that name so I am assuming he is Darrell Wallace Jr or for me it would be DWJ. Is there something I am missing as he doesn't look like he has an overpowering record in the minors. Is he just a good dude that people like or did he excel in poor equipment. Thanks in advance for filling me in.

IDK anything about Bubba Wallace and could not find anyone by that name so I am assuming he is Darrell Wallace Jr or for me it would be DWJ. Is there something I am missing as he doesn't look like he has an overpowering record in the minors. Is he just a good dude that people like or did he excel in poor equipment. Thanks in advance for filling me in.

He's shown speed, he hasn't lit the world on fire tbh... but he has also dealt with bad luck. He left JGR for Roush because JGR didn't have secured funding for him-which was probably a mistake on his part. He's been very impressive at Eldora and Martinsville FWIW. He's outperforming Ryan Reed right now, which isn't saying a whole lot but still.

Basically the good dude part. Most everyone is wishing him well but.... I personally haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he'll "tear it up". I would like to see him succeed though. He did alright in kybu's/jgr stuff but.... I'm not sure how indicative that is.

Big opportunity for Bubba and will be interesting to watch. My question is why is RFR shutting down the #6 and isn't it possible that Aric will be back in the car in just four more races?

He's shown speed, he hasn't lit the world on fire tbh... but he has also dealt with bad luck. He left JGR for Roush because JGR didn't have secured funding for him-which was probably a mistake on his part. He's been very impressive at Eldora and Martinsville FWIW. He's outperforming Ryan Reed right now, which isn't saying a whole lot but still.

Thanks for the info.

Only downside is the 6 is going to be parked after this week in Xfinity :(

Basically the good dude part. Most everyone is wishing him well but.... I personally haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he'll "tear it up". I would like to see him succeed though. He did alright in kybu's/jgr stuff but.... I'm not sure how indicative that is.

It sounds like he has a lot of support so I hope he does well. Thanks for the info.

Something was said about the bonus money the junior sedan series runs for. Had Wallace won it Roush would run the 6 in the next event – if not, they wouldn’t until something else came in.

Got to give Roush credit for reviving Bubba's career.

I bet due to the 6 possibly being parked, they pulled strings with RPM to give Bubba some seat time. I really think Jack likes him and wants to keep him long-term, but the money has to be there in order to keep the operation going.

That is all you can ask for.

Don't go on reddit right now. People are freaking out haha.

Hopefully Bubba turns some heads in the 43 car. He's got some talent. Don't see him as an elite level driver or anything, but he's a good dude who has performed when he's had a good piece under him.

Shame that Roush has to shut down his Xfinity team. Sponsorship makes the racing world go round. Doesn't matter who you are.

What happened to Ragan? Why is he getting the boot?

Was just a week to week thing for him. Guess some deal was made to get Bubba in the car since the 6 is shutting down. Surely since he's in the car until Aric comes back.

The Bubba/Blaney camaraderie is what personality the sport yearns for, imo. Heres Bubba giving Ryan the devil horns as he goes by.

51armrw3760z.png

In a day or two, Matt Dibenedetto will post a thread there going "guys, do you still love me or nah?"

There's at least one DiBenedetto thread a day on that sub. They worship that dude. They also circle jerk Landon Cassill and a couple other backmarkers.

Darrell Wallace is the next David Pearson if you ask r/nascar

might be because he narrowed the right front at Dover. Finished 34th. Almirola finished every race but the last one that put him out of the car after Logano blew up. IDK though Bubba has torn up his fair share of equipment. Going to be something else to check out this weekend. Bubba is going to be yapping like a magpie.

I like it. Hopefully he does well. Best case scenario is he expresses The King enough to bring the 44 back for him next year.

Back
Top Bottom