• 2 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 1 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • fine only over 200k and Probation

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • fine only under 200k and Slap on the wrist Probation

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Nascar won't do anything and act like it never happened.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By “like this” I meant intentionally wrecking someone, and I don’t mean just getting into someone’s bumper. I’m talking about like Noah at Road America. Then also this yeah it’s not the same speeds. But hooking someone is hooking someone. Yes Bubba’s was more dangerous. But don’t play fast and loose with the rules.

Just wondering if I missed something.

I've been trying to find what the penalties have been for intentional wrecking and fighting. It has been almost impossible. I did find this list on reddit from 5 years ago of driver suspensions. There are some that have been suspended in like the past 10 years or so on the list, i.e., Kenseth vs Logano in 2015

So you don't think its possible for a tire being punted by a car at 180 mph to go over the fence? I don't recall ever seeing one being hit by a car at speed so who knows where it could end up.
A different beast, but a tire killed spectator Lyle Kurtenbach at Indianapolis 1987. 83 people were killed at Lemans 1955. In 1999 (I believe), three spectators were killed at both Michigan and Charlotte when a tire went into the stands. Spectators get killed sometimes. It's a sad reality.

A 50# object flying erratically at 180mph is extremely dangerous.
Nascar has had several cars tear parts of the fence apart. The fence did it's job, but if engines and tires are getting through they need something better. I think the fences are where the next safety innovation needs to come from.

The one thing we have not talked about is the civil suits that would come out of a spectator getting killed. We live in the age of billion-dollar suits over next to nothing. Imagine how much cash a wrongful death suit would bring in.

Now, just imagine how big the suit would be if it was determined an action like Bubba's killed someone, especially a spectator.

By “like this” I meant intentionally wrecking someone, and I don’t mean just getting into someone’s bumper. I’m talking about like Noah at Road America. Then also this yeah it’s not the same speeds. But hooking someone is hooking someone. Yes Bubba’s was more dangerous. But don’t play fast and loose with the rules.

Ben Rhodes should’ve been suspended for the Christian Eckes incident at Texas a couple of years ago too. Very similar-looking incident to what happened at Vegas this past weekend.

As usual, there is the fan that elects themself as judge and jury that thinks there can't ever be enough "rules" to follow. There is the other side of fans that doen't want to spend half of the race waiting for "race control" to screw things up worse than they are already and then have to listen to talking heads like Petty all week, one of the hotheads in his day fish for clicks with a bunch of B.S. while waiting all week for the next race to do it again.

And when Martinsville sucks next week you're gonna tell us something along the lines of "you never see lots of passing on a short track"
Show me a short track race where there is all this passing you continue to talk about occurs? Or tell me how many times they have reconfigured Bristol trying to get rid of one lane race. These are the facts grasshopper. But there are people like yourself that continue to think the world is flat so to speak.

Show me a short track race where there is all this passing you continue to talk about occurs? Or tell me how many times they have reconfigured Bristol trying to get rid of one lane race. These are the facts grasshopper. But there are people like yourself that continue to think the world is flat so to speak.
You can watch a Martinsville race from 2017-18/2020-21 and one from this year or 2019 and the difference is obvious.

You can watch a Martinsville race from 2017-18/2020-21 and one from this year or 2019 and the difference is obvious.
Sorry bud. I use the law of averages to make my decisions when possible and not the law of hysteria like so many do. It's good you use previous races to make decisions about previous many revised versions of the racecar. Where you have erred is using only one or two races to judge the whole next gen program. But good luck, maybe it will turn out for ya.

Just wondering if I missed something.
I could be forgetting something also, I can’t remember everything myself. But yeah, Carson Hocevar and Noah Gragson both should’ve had to sit out also from there **** as well. So I’m just glad they finally did something after those two.

Back
Top Bottom