• 2 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 1 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • fine only over 200k and Probation

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • fine only under 200k and Slap on the wrist Probation

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Nascar won't do anything and act like it never happened.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bubba is going to be fine. In the world we live in, we have to recognize that we have seen the footage of what happened a million times, and listened to reactions. This is the biggest deal ever....for the moment. This moment will pass. Bubba will learn. He has the best people around him. In 5 years, this will be were he was--not what he is. If I am wrong....he won't be here in 5 years. Simple.

This truly doesn't make sense to me.

Why is this the case? I genuinely don't understand
Because its a written rule and there is no deviation from it, the other, "actions detrimental" is basically a judgement call and varies depending on the situation. Needs to be changed. But the biggest problem is they dont want to sit a driver, people come to the races to see their favorite driver race and them not being their to race creates a problem for everybody. Its a slippery slope.

Sitting at home watching the race is so much worse than getting your ass busted, your car torn up and being shoved around?
I remember when Dale Earnhardt had to climb out of the car at Indy after breaking his collarbone. He sat on the pit wall and watched Mike Dillon get it an drive off. He was practically in tears when he talked about it. It hurt that bad.

Because a loose wheel at 150 mph can end up in the stands killing some innocent kid.
Okay, I agree that's dangerous and potentially fatal.

What about right rearing a driver head first into a wall at 170mph?

Sitting at home watching the race is so much worse than getting your ass busted, your car torn up and being shoved around?
I clearly said it a different kind of hurt. But it hurts them, I've seen it

I remember when Dale Earnhardt had to climb out of the car at Indy after breaking his collarbone. He sat on the pit wall and watched Mike Dillon get it an drive off. He was practically in tears when he talked about it. It hurt that bad.
100% correct but it was Skinner replacing him. Here it is, watch till the end because he walks off once then comes back

To me its all horrible.
Of course they are all horrible but a driver agrees to the risks when he gets into a car with 40 other drivers going 200+ mph. The kid sitting in the stands is just some kid that came to watch his/her hero. I obviously don't want anyone to die, and anyone dieing is quite horrible but the kid would be worse.

Of course they are all horrible but a driver agrees to the risks when he gets into a car with 40 other drivers going 200+ mph. The kid sitting in the stands is just some kid that came to watch his/her hero. I obviously don't want anyone to die, and anyone dieing is quite horrible but the kid would be worse.
Of course I agree with that, I dont want to see anyone hurt, thats why they build fences that curve back toward the track and make them as high as they can with cables running through them to keep cars or tires going over them. I dont know of a tire going over the fence in NASCAR, ever. I've seen a hood off of Daveys car go in to the stands and they fixed that with cables.

Of course I agree with that, I dont want to see anyone hurt, thats why they build fences that curve back toward the track and make them as high as they can with cables running through them to keep cars or tires going over them. I dont know of a tire going over the fence in NASCAR, ever. I've seen a hood off of Daveys car go in to the stands and they fixed that with cables.
You do now

More than two dozen NASCAR spectators were injured Saturday when a car crashed into the fence and sent car parts hurtling into the stands at Daytona International Speedway

1666225197389.png

You do now

More than two dozen NASCAR spectators were injured Saturday when a car crashed into the fence and sent car parts hurtling into the stands at Daytona International Speedway

View attachment 65746
You show a tire, but an engine went in to and stuck in the fence. the tire was never loose. You know now

You show a tire, but an engine went in to and stuck in the fence. the tire was never loose. You know now
Eh, B.S. see pic above #182 post

The gate buckled, tearing the car apart and allowing pieces of Larson's car, including a tire-and-wheel-assembly, to enter the grandstands. Larson's engine ended up on the spectator side of the fence in the area between the fencing and the seats.

Eh, B.S. see pic above #182 post

The gate buckled, tearing the car apart and allowing pieces of Larson's car, including a tire-and-wheel-assembly, to enter the grandstands. Larson's engine ended up on the spectator side of the fence in the area between the fencing and the seats.
The tire was not loose. It was a racing incident. Now you know

dam,guys, is in not ok to just fix something before something bad happens:(

I know bro. Show me where a tire went OVER the fence. Thats what I said. I'll wait..........

So you don't think its possible for a tire being punted by a car at 180 mph to go over the fence? I don't recall ever seeing one being hit by a car at speed so who knows where it could end up. Could be it does nothing dangerous, or maybe it goes into the pits or into the stands or other places it could easily seriously hurt or kill someone. Not sure what your point is. A 50# object flying erratically at 180mph is extremely dangerous.

So you don't think its possible for a tire being punted by a car at 180 mph to go over the fence? I don't recall ever seeing one being hit by a car at speed so who knows where it could end up. Could be it does nothing dangerous, or maybe it goes into the pits or into the stands or other places it could easily seriously hurt or kill someone. Not sure what your point is. A 50# object flying erratically at 180mph is extremely dangerous.
I didnt say it couldnt happen. Anything can happen in racing.
Exactly. This is like the 3rd or 4th incident like this this season. None of them resulted in the same penalty.
I just saw this, we've had 3 or 4 instances of someone driving down the track and hooking the RR at over 150 mph?

I didnt say it couldnt happen. Anything can happen in racing.

I just saw this, we've had 3 or 4 instances of someone driving down the track and hooking the RR at over 150 mph?
By “like this” I meant intentionally wrecking someone, and I don’t mean just getting into someone’s bumper. I’m talking about like Noah at Road America. Then also this yeah it’s not the same speeds. But hooking someone is hooking someone. Yes Bubba’s was more dangerous. But don’t play fast and loose with the rules.

Back
Top Bottom