• 2 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 1 race 200k or more fine

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • fine only over 200k and Probation

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • fine only under 200k and Slap on the wrist Probation

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Nascar won't do anything and act like it never happened.

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree.

Needs to start the moment they get behind the wheel.

I have a big ass bone to pick with Legends and Bandolero racing and its governing body. So many bad habits learned there.

The ugliness I saw this year in Bandolero and Legends racing, directed at two of our TEENAGE drivers, really got under my skin.

Since I'm not privy to NASCAR's deliberations, I'm satisfied with the 1 race suspension.
Wallace let his team down with his actions and he will have to face the team along with Denny and MJ. I'm sure they will have
something to say. I'm sure we'll never know what is said, and really it's not my business. I also feel Kurt can help Bubba get on track -- provided
Bubba will listen.
Bubba has talent. He just needs to learn to control an obviously volatile temper.

Since I'm not privy to NASCAR's deliberations, I'm satisfied with the 1 race suspension.
Wallace let his team down with his actions and he will have to face the team along with Denny and MJ. I'm sure they will have
something to say. I'm sure we'll never know what is said, and really it's not my business. I also feel Kurt can help Bubba get on track -- provided
Bubba will listen.
Bubba has talent. He just needs to learn to control an obviously volatile temper.
On the button.

I talked to the VP today, he knows Bubba well and has seen him grow as a driver and man.

Said the same thing, his temper at times is his only issue. Goes to show that Kurt is indeed the right fit for him in terms of a mentor. Hopefully, Bubba stays close to him and just learn more in how he improved as the years went on.

It took Kurt years to improve his temperment.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. NASCAR let way worse things slide in the past.

Carl Edwards would still be in anger mangeagment class.
download.png

This is just such a joke and makes a mockery of the seriousness of Wallace's actions.
It was sarcasm, to make the point. NASCAR has enormous suspension consequences for a crew chief when a tire lug isn’t tight enough. Yes, it’s dangerous. Was there anything the chief could do, or did, to create that situation? If it happens repeatedly, then yes suspend him multiple races for not instilling the discipline required on a critical component with his team.

Bubba deserved a minimum 2 race suspension based on prior rulings (case cited - Kenseth drilling Logano). No monetary fine is also a crock. Consistency is so important to the faith people put into sports leagues and their officiating. The overbearing nature of the pit crews verses this makes for obvious bulging disparity.

It was sarcasm, to make the point. NASCAR has enormous suspension consequences for a crew chief when a tire lug isn’t tight enough. Yes, it’s dangerous. Was there anything the chief could do, or did, to create that situation? If it happens repeatedly, then yes suspend him multiple races for not instilling the discipline required on a critical component with his team.

Bubba deserved a minimum 2 race suspension based on prior rulings (case cited - Kenseth drilling Logano). No monetary fine is also a crock. Consistency is so important to the faith people put into sports leagues and their officiating. The overbearing nature of the pit crews verses this makes for obvious bulging disparity.
I shake my head

Yes ... reflective of the fact that an escaped wheel and tire travelling at speed could bounce over catch fencing into the crowd.
both instances are dangerous yet treated completely different. I think instead of the catch all "actions detrimental" we could be more specific in instances like this. Like intentionally crashing someone will result in a 4 race suspension.

I'm...okay with the suspension. But I also agree that other issues that don't seem as bad, especially those done by accident seem to get a more harsh penalty. Pretty sure a pit crew has zero reason to purposely not tighten the lug nut. I agree that it's dangerous, but so is purposely wrecking someone at 170 mph. Maybe treat them more similarly.

He's a loose cannon. Is he gonna freak out every time he gets passed or rubbed a little? Im looking forward to who's gonna be next on his list. Just hoping no one gets seriously injured.

Right or wrong the economics probably effect inconsistent penalties and suspensions.
The driver is the face of a team and a big part of keeping sponsors on board, corporate people less likely to tolerate lots of drivers suspensions.
Fans usually latch on to a particular driver and some might be less likely to buy a ticket or even watch on TV if their driver is excluded. So only suspend a driver for the most extreme cases, make it a rare event.

The PR is a whole lot easier to get rightous with rule breaking when it comes to suspending a CC or pit crew members. CCs are also easier to fire or rotate to another team members car as well.

He's a loose cannon. Is he gonna freak out every time he gets passed or rubbed a little? Im looking forward to who's gonna be next on his list. Just hoping no one gets seriously injured.
This type of thinking is just insane.

Outside of the whole Nashville uproar, man has been one of the cleanest racers in the field. Every time he's been up front, never had an issue with anyone, but this happens and all of a sudden he needs a straight jacket.

If Kyle Busch can survive for more than 15 years, Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, and Brad Keselowski soldier even with their known shenanigans. I think Bubba will just be fine.

Can he survive without a sponsor?

I don't eat much McDonalds. Lately at work I might sneak a double cheeseburger from them at work.
Today that stopped and I'll let them know why.
They seem to be a great corporate citizen so this must annoy them.

I want Bubba to exceed just like any other driver
hope someone says to him
learn to love the booo‘s, you have more supporters than haters
you’ve made it, you’re driving cup on a good team and winning
focus on the fun part of racing

today no one embraces the love hate more than Kyle B
even tv focuses in on Kyle’s haters, we saw that when his tire came off on the back stretch

Sure Kyle could have thought **** this again instead he focused on the car and finished 2nd

Speaking of that, the kiss to the wall, not sure about the rest of you all, but every time I’ve seen drivers do that they all just matt it to the inside. He was just trying to get to pit road asap.
Yep, the 45 was definitely trying to cut across the grass onto pit road at some 180 mph.
Not even a mention of going hands-on with a NASCAR official.
I remember a case where a soccer player was suspended for 6 months by the DFL for pushing a referee.
Where was this outage of it not being enough when Noah didn’t get suspended? Why was a fine and points enough? But here it should’ve been suspended, fined, and points?
If it was up to me I would have suspended Noah as well.

I'm glad Bubba has been suspended for a race and hope he'll learn from this.

Clipping Larson was more dangerous than what Kenseth did a Martinsville for sure.

The only defense I can give is that it was more of a deliberate but still knee jerk clipping on Wallace's part whereas Kenseth had weeks to simmer down and still carried out the deed.

It is all subjective but I was as bothered by Wallace's bullying Larson and putting his hands on the official and then lying about it, as I was with the clipping in the spite of it being the greatest danger. He had a few minutes to collect himself or get it together as things progressed but he didn't.

That's because Bubba is a bully. Remember what he did to Bowman while he was sitting outside his car being tended to? Walked up, belittled him, and threw water his face.....imagine if that role was reversed.

Can he survive without a sponsor?

I don't eat much McDonalds. Lately at work I might sneak a double cheeseburger from them at work.
Today that stopped and I'll let them know why.
They seem to be a great corporate citizen so this must annoy them.
Aren’t you a Kyle Busch fan? He’s acted the same way plenty of times. Did you ever try to make him lose his lively hood?

There's 30 or so races on the calendar, right? How much does it hurt to miss just one when you are out of the playoffs anyway?

Walking across a hot track to go after another competitor should be an automatic 1 race suspension on the first offense.

Pushing an official (not including accidental contact in the middle of a free for all brawl) should be an automatic 1 race suspension on the first offense.

Slapping at a competitor should be handled in the big hauler.

Intentionally wrecking a competitor should be handled on a case-by-case basis. This current situation along with the Ty Gibbs pit road incident should be penalized the most harshly.

To call for crazy career ending penalties and loss of sponsors is extreme, but the bottom line is Bubba got off easy IMO.

Thank God NASCAR gave a 4 race suspension to Kyle Busch's Crew Chief, and 2 Crew Members for a loose tire, they could have killed someone. We dont need that kind of stuff on the track.
This truly doesn't make sense to me.

Why is this the case? I genuinely don't understand

Back
Top Bottom