busch clash

Tony would probably have a better chance to beat Chase Elliott on a road course than any current drivers if he was allowed.

Perhaps he should just enter the points paying race there as a one off instead of the Clash.
Chase will be coming off the Rolex, when he will have run at least several hours. While the cars aren't very comparable, all that recent experience plus the Clash would trump Tony's recent inexperience on road courses.

Tony would probably have a better chance to beat Chase Elliott on a road course than any current drivers if he was allowed.

Perhaps he should just enter the points paying race there as a one off instead of the Clash.
No way Tony finishes higher than a reigning defending champion in his prime Chase Elliott. No way he beats MTJ either. Smoke hasn’t been in a cup car for 5 years, I think that has to hinder his chances somewhat

No way Tony finishes higher than a reigning defending champion in his prime Chase Elliott. No way he beats MTJ either. Smoke hasn’t been in a cup car for 5 years, I think that has to hinder his chances somewhat

Not saying he necessarily would beat them either, just that he would have as much or better chance than most others of doing so.

It's more about creating interest in the race, can the old man keep up with the youngsters. Hell no he can't but lets see how well he does do. Top 5?

It's more about creating interest in the race, can the old man keep up with the youngsters. Hell no he can't but lets see how well he does do. Top 5?
I’d be VERY interested if Tony raced in The Clash, I’d watch for sure

I guess I'm late to the party on this thread but man with those rules I guess as long as you ran half way decent in 2020 you're eligible to run the clash.

As far as Tony well I guess he's not eligible because well Tony is Tony and that's what I love about. He's not afraid to speak his mind and he is part of starting a new stock car series that will be on national TV. Like it or not that's competition.

I can guarantee you that if JR wanted to race he rules would be "changed".

As far as it being on the Daytona RC it doesn't do much for me. IMO the reason that RC races are getting so popular is because the cars have become so bad that the racing is terrible on ovals. I'd love to see both the Clash and All Star races on short tracks with high horsepower cars (not the detuned 700 package) that we don't visit as part of the schedule. Take them to Iowa, Hickory, myrtle beach, Pensacola, South Boston,...

I guess I'm late to the party on this thread but man with those rules I guess as long as you ran half way decent in 2020 you're eligible to run the clash.

As far as Tony well I guess he's not eligible because well Tony is Tony and that's what I love about. He's not afraid to speak his mind and he is part of starting a new stock car series that will be on national TV. Like it or not that's competition.

I can guarantee you that if JR wanted to race he rules would be "changed".

As far as it being on the Daytona RC it doesn't do much for me. IMO the reason that RC races are getting so popular is because the cars have become so bad that the racing is terrible on ovals. I'd love to see both the Clash and All Star races on short tracks with high horsepower cars (not the detuned 700 package) that we don't visit as part of the schedule. Take them to Iowa, Hickory, myrtle beach, Pensacola, South Boston,...
I've got bad news about Myrtle Beach

Ok I'm just saying take it back to some of these grass roots short tracks
You assume those tracks are interested. Myrtle Beach, for example, wasn't dropped from the Busch schedule. It quit applying for a race date because it couldn't afford to host one any more.

He’s not eligible because he doesn’t meet the prerequisites. It’s literally written in black and white.

The only thing “Tony is Tony” about this is how he bitched about it.
Coming from the same bunch that allowed Gordon into the playoffs when he didn't qualify for it. A much larger wad of B.S. than Stewart wanting to run one no point race.

Coming from the same bunch that allowed Gordon into the playoffs when he didn't qualify for it. A much larger wad of B.S. than Stewart wanting to run one no point race.
False equivalence.

NASCAR cited “unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances resulting from several allegations of race-fixing” in 2013 to allow Jeff into the Chase. Whether or not the changes were justified is not a hill worth dying on. You can take that argument up with RCR and MWR.

Nothing of that magnitude is happening prior to The Clash that would justify Tony being a competitor. Personally, I applaud the executives for sticking to their guns.

Didn’t NASCAR exempt Stewart from Playoff qualifying rules after he injured himself in a sprint car race?

That other guy got one, too.

Didn’t NASCAR exempt Stewart from Playoff qualifying rules after he injured himself in a sprint car race?

That other guy got one, too.
In those cases, and Shrub and Johnson and Newman, the drivers offered better reasons for exemptions other than, 'Well, I just want in."

I cant for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't want him in an exhibition race? It'll draw attention to the race and if he does something dumb and wrecks half the field no championship points are lost. Like I said if Jr wanted to do it they'd change the rules.

Let's be honest I don't think smoke is on the Christmas card list right now. He's part of a new series that's direct competition and he basically told nascar to stick it when they were in negotiations for bringing another race to Eldora.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to know WHY Indiana Fats wants to run this race after showing no interest in 5 years.
Because its something new that you actually get to show driver talent instead of holding it near wide open like most races on the schedule

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I imagine it’s the road course he’s interested in.
Because its something new that you actually get to show driver talent instead of holding it near wide open like most races on the schedule
Then enter the Xfinity race the next week. No exemption or permission needed. Heck, enter the Cup race.

Last edited:
I cant for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't want him in an exhibition race?
He doesn’t qualify for entry. End of story.

if Jr wanted to do it they'd change the rules.
Pure speculation and doubtful at best. To be fair, it seems like Jr is pretty good at reading the rules on which Xfinity races he can enter.

Back
Top Bottom