busch clash

Found this on the website, I didn’t bother to look on the previous pages because this thread has quickly devolved into “push rod size” territory but it specifically states on the second bullet point “Past Busch Clash Champion who competed full time in 2020.” I don’t see how any interpretation could be favorable to Tony, unless I missed him running full time in Cup last year.
912af32b-3970-4d36-b29a-7eb05d579809_text.gif

Stewart-ACS_702_0.jpg

Different eligibility rules. No need to ask, just fill out the paperwork.

Tony owns an X team but no one has yet offered a reason why he doesn't field a car for himself in the X road course race.

Maybe he wants to race a race where he won’t mess up anyone’s championship hopes? So that would explain why he rather just run the clash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he wants to race a race where he won’t mess up anyone’s championship hopes? So that would explain why he rather just run the clash...

That reasoning will never go over good with the fans that don't like Tony for what ever their reason may be. ;)

In this case, I don't see how whatever Tony Stewart wants is relevant to either his supporters or his detractors.

Well, that's the only reason anyone has offered so far, so by default it's the best. Concerns about affecting full-time contenders doesn't keep him from putting his Cup drivers in X races, so I don't think it would keep him out of a seat himself.

Well, that's the only reason anyone has offered so far, so by default it's the best. Concerns about affecting full-time contenders doesn't keep him from putting his Cup drivers in X races, so I don't think it would keep him out of a seat himself.

I think it does, only because it’s been awhile since he’s been in a car. Probably longer since he’s been in a Xfinity car. I’m not sure when they started to use this type of car they use now.

Maybe before next year they can change the rules to allow more people in

or just add a new exhibition race that’s open to anyone who’s ever won a Cup race at Daytona, no matter the race. Duels, Clash, 500, 400, road course, etc. because I think it could be a fun race. Not sure how many people that would allow and how many would actually race.

I think it does, only because it’s been awhile since he’s been in a car. Probably longer since he’s been in a Xfinity car. I’m not sure when they started to use this type of car they use now.

Maybe before next year they can change the rules to allow more people in

or just add a new exhibition race that’s open to anyone who’s ever won a Cup race at Daytona, no matter the race. Duels, Clash, 500, 400, road course, etc. because I think it could be a fun race. Not sure how many people that would allow and how many would actually race.

Or similar to the all star race (not sure if they still do this for it), they could have some type of exception for past series champions, say maybe from the last decade or so.

If Tony isn’t eligible to race, and it’s listed in the rules you had to have been a competitor in the last year I can’t see what the argument is. The rules are the rules, seems Tony wasn’t aware of it before he shot his mouth off. I think Jr is a smart enough guy to at least have read the rules on entry before he would whine to the media about not getting back to him.
Junior was smart enough to have someone read the rules for him.
Junior does TV and commercials from a script. :sarcasm:

Let's start Kyle Busch and Elliot at the bus stop as the field is taking the green. That's the only way to make it fair...then we'd have a great race!!

Potential for rain later in the day. Maybe not during the race but could be a wet track to start.

With more road courses on the schedule, I wonder if they'll do some rain tire development.

If you're going to race in the rain, you need full wets and an intermediate alternative.

With more road courses on the schedule, I wonder if they'll do some rain tire development.

If you're going to race in the rain, you need full wets and an intermediate alternative.
I hope so too, several years back I think they had to delay the start of the Xfinity race at Road America because it wasn’t wet enough for wets and not dry enough for slicks.

The way to work an exhibition race is to have lots of exhibitionistic trophy queens doing the yoga moves.

“unapproved adjustments”

A little extra hardener cures Bondo faster. A little more starts a fire. Gotta be keerful with that stuff.

This is like old school tv viewing tonight, where you just turned CBS on in the 80's or whenever and the race was on without viewing any other NASCAR stuff practice, quals, etc for a few months. Now if I could just find that speed sport newspaper from last week.

Back
Top Bottom