Carl Edwards retires

Hearing from sources that Edwards will return to Cup in 2018 piloting the famed GRX.
Contingent of course upon getting the prototype approved by the sanctioning body.

What I’m hearin’ is Logano is history. Patrick takes the 22. Edwards comes out of retirement to drive the 10 for Childress in a special deal for Ganassi - with Gene Haas. Harvick moves to the 5 to maintain his loyalty to Ford when Hendrick changes manufacturers mid season. It all comes from reliable sources in the Charlotte medical community.

FYI, gonna rain out in Daytona this weekend, and the guy scheduled to drive the 88 is a changed man

^ You're often confused.

The first Carlos I thought of was this guy and BTW Sister Bertrille rarely, if ever, had any aero problems or difficulties with physics.

98dc01f00038c355c823dac96a328f7a.jpg

What I’m hearin’ is Logano is history. Patrick takes the 22. Edwards comes out of retirement to drive the 10 for Childress in a special deal for Ganassi - with Gene Haas. Harvick moves to the 5 to maintain his loyalty to Ford when Hendrick changes manufacturers mid season. It all comes from reliable sources in the Charlotte medical community.

FYI, gonna rain out in Daytona this weekend, and the guy scheduled to drive the 88 is a changed man
Can you put that in a flow chart?

Carl's 2016 season began with wrecking by failing to block a Penske driver & his 2016 season ended with wrecking by failing to block a Penske driver.

You forgot that Nature's Bakery got a huge cash infusion from Carlos Slim, has bought out Monster, and the series will now be called, "Nature's Bakery Cup Series."

The interview was an air sandwich with water on the side. Carl said he has no plans to return to racing, is enjoying life as a play farmer, apparently has some sort of a deal with New Holland. Hearty laughter at the question about Dodge or another new manufacturer, and his denial seemed firm and sincere. Carl does stay in touch a bit with a few Nascar folks.

Politics? Here he waffled IMO, might consider some way to help America be what it is supposed to be. Any message to his fans or to the public? Thanks for everything, and thanks to Nascar for the ride.

Like I said, an air sandwich. His story and his demeanor has never changed since his retirement press conference. Let it go, people.

Last time I checked we talk about a lot of guys that are retired now. We even talk about dead guys. Not sure I see the big deal in that.

Last edited:
lol It took Kyle a month to get over a relatively tame short track move.

Kyle had a different take on the team building exercises with Carl at JGR. I believe 100% that he drove that corner thinking (perhaps naively) that Carl wouldn't do what he did. Carl drove that corner 100% believing that Kyle would do what he did.

I thought Truex said and now he wants to lead. And then KDB squeezes him down in turn one. uh duh

Back
Top Bottom