Carl Edwards retires

Please inform me.....is Gordon Kirby a reliable source? Or is he prone to wild unsubstantiated
rumors? I only ask because I honestly do not know anything about him.

Please inform me.....is Gordon Kirby a reliable source? Or is he prone to wild unsubstantiated
rumors? I only ask because I honestly do not know anything

I don't know...Lewis Frank tweeted it and referred to him as "my colleague"

Oh and apparently Suarez's dad is uber rich and buying out JGR from coach. Yeah WTF this is too crazy to be true.

Is there even an article where we can read these supposed scoops?

Lewis Franck called Team Penske, who denied that there was any validity to the story.

Got a bunch of clowns just making stuff up to get clicks. I guess he was a little short on his Xfinity bill this month.

Dude's an idiot. "recent test session at Atlanta" Suarez and Edwards were in Phoenix. That's a simple fact check. What a dope.

And does Mr. Kirby report WHO is supposedly writing a $15M check for a driver to sit on his butt when the same amount will field a reasonably good team?

Oh, and Suarez's rich father is going to buy JGR? Ooookay. Pretty sure Suarez had not a whole lot going for him when he was a kid in Mexico. Seriously. What clown. Alright I'm done.

Is this guy a freelance writer or does he work for a magazine? How could someone just be allowed to publish made up information without potentially losing their job?

Strange world

Is this guy a freelance writer or does he work for a magazine? How could someone just be allowed to publish made up information without potentially losing their job?

Strange world
Looks like a blog style website. I think he's independent. Should have his credential revoked for that level nonsense (assuming he has one)

Looks like a blog style website. I think he's independent. Should have his credential revoked for that level nonsense (assuming he has one)

100% agreed. Damn, have some pride in your work dude!

Carl was a free agent after this year. Why would Penske pay him for this year when he could have just signed him next year anyway...
Exactamundo. Then Roger could use the $15M to start this fictitious new team, including buying a charter for it.

What a crock of rear end grease. This is even more ridiculous than the 'wrestling announcers' and 'Suarez HOF' discussions.

Exactamundo. Then Roger could use the $15M to start this fictitious new team, including buying a charter for it.

What a crock of rear end grease. This is even more ridiculous than the 'wrestling announcers' and 'Suarez HOF' discussions.
And why not let him sit in on competition meetings at JGR? He'd be collecting information from Penske's biggest competition right up until his contract expired. Why pay him to NOT do that. The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. What an idiot.

Quick...........

Someone call one of the motorsports entertainment talk shows!

Carl was a free agent after this year. Why would Penske pay him for this year when he could have just signed him next year anyway...
This.

Plus, Menards was willing to pay for a third car over there, but Roger was the one who passed on the deal, so no idea why he'd suddenly pay $15m to start a third team a year later. Especially with Carl. No disrespect to Carl at all, but there's just as good, younger, more affordable talent out there, one of whom is already in the Penske camp. Obviously you can't ever rule out what Carl does in the future. Maybe one day he will be a 3rd Penske guy. But that sure as heck wasn't the reason he walked away now. Even if you removed all we know about Carl's decision, this report doesn't even pass the logic test.

This is one of those times this line comes into play, "just because its on the internet, doesnt mean its true", and dipstick can start their own blog/site and post whatever nonsense they chose.

I'm missing something.

Who is this guy's father 'n what does he have to do with it?
051b2b50af38aa757546208acbbddedd7551b9-wm.jpg

Suarez Sr. used to operate a VW repair shop, until he sold it to support his son's late model racing in Mexico. The family has no wealth nor magical connections... just a determined, talented son and a great bootstrap story. Last year, Daniel used his Xfinity championship earnings to obtain a small repair shop so his father could resume working on VW Beetles.

Suarez Sr. does not own TV networks. He does not own Arris, which is an American company publicly traded. He is not an Arris employee, much less the CEO. I've seen all these untruths reported on the Internet as facts. SMH.

Gordon Kirby is a longtime writer who is the US editor for Motor Sport Magazine, a UK outfit. He may have other gigs as well. His disregard for the accuracy of easily checked basic facts in his blog report on Carl Edwards is appalling and inexcusable.

Suarez Sr. used to operate a VW repair shop, until he sold it to support his son's late model racing in Mexico. The family has no wealth nor magical connections... just a determined, talented son and a great bootstrap story. Last year, Daniel used his Xfinity championship earnings to obtain a small repair shop so his father could resume working on VW Beetles.

Suarez Sr. does not own TV networks. He does not own Arris, which is an American company publicly traded. He is not an Arris employee, much less the CEO. I've seen all these untruths reported on the Internet as facts. SMH.

Gordon Kirby is a longtime writer who is the US editor for Motor Sport Magazine, a UK outfit. He may have other gigs as well. His disregard for the accuracy of easily checked basic facts in his blog report on Carl Edwards is appalling and inexcusable.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Plus, Menards was willing to pay for a third car over there, but Roger was the one who passed on the deal, so no idea why he'd suddenly pay $15m to start a third team a year later. Especially with Carl. No disrespect to Carl at all, but there's just as good, younger, more affordable talent out there, one of whom is already in the Penske camp. Obviously you can't ever rule out what Carl does in the future. Maybe one day he will be a 3rd Penske guy. But that sure as heck wasn't the reason he walked away now. Even if you removed all we know about Carl's decision, this report doesn't even pass the logic test.

especially since menards deal was a full freight fully sponsored deal that they probably could have gotten at least a 3 year deal tied too. 3 years of full sponsorship is like rocking horse doo doo these days. If they wanted daniel in a cup car that bad and were willing to pay what looks like double the yearly price to do it. why not just pay furniture row to take a 3rd car? I mean a 40 million one year sponsorship aught to be able to get them to take a 3rd car.

I have to cry foul on this one. I watched carl give the presser. I found it very moving personally. its tuff to imagine him making the whole thing up.

Back
Top Bottom